What's Cooking? NCT Sun 8/16 to Sat 8/22/2015

Leni

Nothing using the stove. It's very hot these days, 100+. I bought a roasted chicken, ready made mashed potatoes and coleslaw. Leftovers last night. Maybe just a salad tonight.

Johnny West

A pot of Tomato sauce with meatballs and sausage for spaghetti or gnocci.

Smells good anyway!

I did that last night and it was a hit. I used 25 fresh tomatoes of various sizes and colors for the gravy. It didn't start out to be an Italian night but evolved.

As I mentioned earlier, tonight is chicken pot pie - trying to use up some of this CSA veg in the refer.

Embryodad

I did that last night and it was a hit. I used 25 fresh tomatoes of various sizes and colors for the gravy. It didn't start out to be an Italian night but evolved.

As I mentioned earlier, tonight is chicken pot pie - trying to use up some of this CSA veg in the refer.
Do you double crust your pot pies? / bottom / top?

Johnny West

Do you double crust your pot pies? / bottom / top?

Not any more. I just float cat head biscuits on top and finish off in the oven till golden brown.

With that said, I don't feel like making another meal (after last night's big offering) so ordered a pizza from Trackside.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I was going to make sausage, peppers and onions for dinner tonight but the heat index is supposed to be 100+ today. So I may make something quicker not sure what yet.

Embryodad

Too Lazy to cook! .... Peppers and eggs for brunch today, and tonight.... Cool Chicken salad I will make, and BLT's with Cheese and Salami.
DD started to bring in the tomatoes from her farm. Corn too, but the corn was a little tough. That's ok because it is sweet. Mom used to say, Chew it good, that's why God gave you Teeth.

Johnny West

Today I'm having surgery on the inside of my lip, a re-do of the same thing from three weeks ago. I won't be cooking for a few days unless it's soft stuff.:(

Here's what I had last night plus one huge mug of beer.

IMG_6221.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Embryodad

Today I'm having surgery on the inside of my lip, a re-do of the same thing from three weeks ago. I won't be cooking for a few days unless it's soft stuff.:(

Here's what I had last night plus one huge mug of beer.

IMG_6221.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now, that's a meal that calls for a mug of beer.
Looks great!
BTW.... Good luck, and fast healing to you! Take it slow. Or shall I say, Take it softly....

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Johnny West

Cooksie, you will love it and once the weather cools down will be doing it myself.

You know Rao's is a mob hangout and no one can eat there because all the tables are reserved like season ticket holders at football stadiums.

I had my surgery and it got more involved than imagined. The captain that did it three weeks ago did it again but this time there was a major and a colonel (0-6) giving advice. I had a total of seven salivary glands removed. I hope that does the trick. My bottom lips are swollen and have been icing. I took a Vicodin and it's helped my head.

Tonight is leftover spaghetti and marinara, something soft to eat.

Johnny West

This summer my son, the chef, is cooking at a breakfast lunch place on Martha's Vineyard. Yesterday he cooked breakfast for Mrs Obama and her two daughters.

The CIC must have been at the golf course.:neutral:

Embryodad

This summer my son, the chef, is cooking at a breakfast lunch place on Martha's Vineyard. Yesterday he cooked breakfast for Mrs Obama and her two daughters.

Oh Boy!.... congratulations.. JW.... That is Quite an honor for your son. Great!

Embryodad

Had mac & cheese with meat loaf & broccoli. :WitchBrewsSmiley::weber:
Sounds good Shermie!!

Didn't you make a long time ago, a meatloaf stuffed with macaroni and cheese!
For some reason I could have thought you had tried something like that!? ?
I could be wrong; which I usually am! LOL

Embryodad

I had a tomato / cheese / and salami, on seeded rye lightly toasted.

Ate Green onions on the side with it. Have to be careful when I do that. why??

Because I take scissor bites of the onions and greens like a bunny, and I sometimes bite my thumb!

Tina had a burger..... and uncle Gabe had home fries and eggs scrambled with toast! It's like a darn diner in this house.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch was a Fritos walking taco at the Dairy Hut.
Dinner was breakfast, an omelet and three sausage links.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Wow, that's terrific, Johnny!

Does your son work at a Massachusetts restaurant, or is he a private chef?

Lee

Johnny West

Had mac & cheese with meat loaf & broccoli. :WitchBrewsSmiley::weber:

I would have loved that. When I do mac and cheese it's from scratch and take a bit of time. I should do the meat loaf in the morning, the prep the afternoon for the mac.

I ended up getting a shake, Jumbo Jack and fries for dinner. It was a labour of love eating the burger, I tell you what.

Johnny West

Wow, that's terrific, Johnny!

Does your son work at a Massachusetts restaurant, or is he a private chef?

Lee

He's been working in restaurants but does some private work on the side. He has done cooking demos at LeRoux as well. This is his last summer and will stay in Park City full time at 351 Main Brasserie.

This is him at 351 Main. He's the big guy, bigger than me, in the back.

IMG_4057.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Sausage, pepper, onions and crushed tomatoes with crusty bread to dip.

Embryodad

Tonights supper was a tomato pickers sandwich.

Just sliced tomato on white bread, and slathered with mayonnaise.
Tina made some macaroni salad. Good!

Embryodad

I like a bit of bacon grease added. lol
Bacon grease... yeah! The cure all lube.

True story! .... DD's X loved frying the bacon, and then scrambling some eggs with bread crumbs, and then frying them. Then, he would fry his sliced bread in the grease.
Chop it up, and shovel it all down. Grease dripping down his chin.

Johnny West

I've said it so often I forget where I post this.
In Germany and Poland some family style restaurants
have jars of bacon grease on the table to spread on
bread instead of butter.

I like bread dipped in bacon grease for a "BLT" but quit
doing it. lol