What's Cooking NCT Sun 7/26/ to Sat 8/1/2015?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Breakfast for dinner tonight. Eggs, bacon, buttermilk waffles.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chuck roast with roasted new potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion........and.......gravy, haven't had gravy in many, many moons

Embryodad

Made ribs, and burgers. DIL made stuffed zucchini, and we had brownies and a white cake for dessert.

Embryodad

Today, we had a zucchini stew with tiny tiny meatballs in a tomatoes and sauce.
Italian sessame seeed bread and butter to soak up the juices. Hot sauce on mine.
Tina made a huge pot, and gave some to the neighbor.

Ya know what though???... Enough of the zucchini already!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Veggie & Chicken Casserole Bake ready for the oven. Loaded with broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and grilled chicken breast in a Béchamel sauce from cream cheese, sauteed onions & garlic. Mozzarella cheese is between the layers and on top. Mmmmmmm.... I did something like this twice before, but this time added the zucchini since it's coming in fast in the garden. The shredded carrots were more for color and so I could use them up. This is definitely a two night meal, as it fills a 2-1/2 qt. casserole dish to the top.

Attachments

• Dinner 073015.jpg
    Dinner 073015.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 177

Embryodad

Veggie & Chicken Casserole Bake ready for the oven. Loaded with broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and grilled chicken breast in a Béchamel sauce from cream cheese, sauteed onions & garlic. Mozzarella cheese is between the layers and on top. Mmmmmmm.... I did something like this twice before, but this time added the zucchini since it's coming in fast in the garden. The shredded carrots were more for color and so I could use them up. This is definitely a two night meal, as it fills a 2-1/2 qt. casserole dish to the top.
Looks good Joe....
Yeah!.... I hear ya on the zucchini coming from all over.
It's getting to the point that people will ask,"Hey, you guys like zucchini?" "I got lots to give you if you want!"..... I say, "Oh no thanks, I'm allergic to them!"

Embryodad

Had teriyaki burgers .... coconut cookie bars for dessert.

Tomorrow ( Friday ).... gotta have fish something???? All burger and dogged out.
I'm drawing the picture in my brain right now. Maybe some good ole tuna salad sandwiches and a few brews for lunch. Cod and Shrimp for supper.
Nothing quite like tuna farts after a big tuna salad hoagie and a few beers. LOL

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Been so hot haven't wanted to cook!! I think it will be grilled chuck steak (mesquite, hickory and apple wood chips for smoking). Maybe taters, onion and mushroom caps pan fried in bacon drippings depending on heat in kitchen. Definitely steamed baby spinach. Homemade dipping sauce for steak on the side.

Embryodad

Would you believe.... Tina made a pot of chicken soup.

Actually, it's not too hot out. 82º now, and that was the high. Humidity is low, and so soup may not be a bad thing for supper. I know at least the house inside is 73º.

Domestic Goddess

We're having...

Savory Scotch Meatloaves
Chicken Flavored Rice
Creamy Dill Cucumbers
Corn-On-The-Cob
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Embryodad

We're having...

Savory Scotch Meatloaves
Chicken Flavored Rice
Creamy Dill Cucumbers
Corn-On-The-Cob
Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Those Scotch Meatloaves sound great D G !!

Surely would like to hear the recipe you used. ( If you would ) Truthfully, I never heard of them.

Domestic Goddess

Those Scotch Meatloaves sound great D G !!

Surely would like to hear the recipe you used. (If you would) Truthfully, I never heard of them.

Embryodad, I'm still trying to perfect the recipe for those savory scotch meatloaves. Just as soon as I have the recipe made to my liking, I'll be sure to post it for you. And I'll be sure to inform you that I have posted the recipe. I promise!

Embryodad

Embryodad, I'm still trying to perfect the recipe for those savory scotch meatloaves. Just as soon as I have the recipe made to my liking, I'll be sure to post it for you. And I'll be sure to inform you that I have posted the recipe. I promise!
Take your time...... I appreciate that.

JIMMY

Domestic Goddess

Those Scotch Meatloaves sound great DG!!

Surely would like to hear the recipe you used. (If you would) Truthfully, I never heard of them.

Hey there Embryodad,

I tried sending you a pm letting you know I posted the recipe for Savory Scotch Meat Loaves, but it wouldn't go through, so I wanted to inform you, that I just posted the recipe in the Meats Forum, but in the Beef Forum.

Last edited:

Embryodad

Hey there Embryodad,

I tried sending you a pm letting you know I posted the recipe for Savory Scotch Meat Loaves, but it wouldn't go through, so I wanted to inform you, that I just posted the recipe in the Meats Forum, but in the Beef Forum.
Thanks D G .... I don't know why it won't accept pm's ...I'll have to check it out.

So in Meats / Beef...got it!