What's Cooking? NCT Sun 7/19/ to Sat 7/25/2015

Embryodad

Had stuffed zucchini mommy T made. No Meat. just bread and cheese with tomatoes and Yummy Good.

Fresh Peach Pie from the local farm stand for dessert.

Tina Mommy made a pot of HER Meatballs. ( Xtra bread and soft ) She and her Uncle like them like that because easy to digest. (?)

Saliha

For lunch:

S92XT99.jpg

Pork tenderloin, potato, gravy sauce, green lettuce from my garden.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had chicken thawed last night ready to go on the George. After I made some cornbread dressing, I decided to nix the chicken and just had a bowl of cornbread dressing :blush:. It was so good. I don't know why I don't make it more often.

So tonight is probably the chicken, leftover cornbread dressing, and some crook-neck :)mrgreen: that's what my mother called it) squash.

Embryodad

Yesterday was ( I call it dog food ) Shepherds Pie!
Arf Arf Arf!.... that means it was good!

Tonights supper..????????. Maybe BLT's with cheese and salami added?
It's early yet to come to a conclusion.
I know dessert will be Blueberry pie that T-mommy made last night!

Embryodad

Cold cuts.... I had a roast beef on Italian bread with onions and tomato, and slathered with mayo.
Then, I had like 6 deviled eggs that Tina made!

Dessert to follow. Blueberry squares with coffee soon as this pile of food digests a little.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'm a year round soup nazi :smile:. I made a double batch of hot and sour soup last night:

Hot%20and%20Sour%20Soup.jpg

I put a little puddle of sesame seed oil in the middle. That aroma just makes me swoon. Does anybody know if the sesame seed oil has to be refrigerated after opening? The bottle doesn't say to. I refrigerated my last bottled, and when it got towards the end, it sort of congealed. It's an oil, and I don't refrigerate any other oils, but ???

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
meeting someone @ a bar; he should have rang me way earlier, seeing as to how i was half-asleep. we'll get sammiches (meatball) if he is hungry.

Embryodad

I'm a year round soup nazi :smile:. I made a double batch of hot and sour soup last night:

I put a little puddle of sesame seed oil in the middle. That aroma just makes me swoon. Does anybody know if the sesame seed oil has to be refrigerated after opening? The bottle doesn't say to. I refrigerated my last bottled, and when it got towards the end, it sort of congealed. It's an oil, and I don't refrigerate any other oils, but ???
Looks ....uhhhh ...soupy! LOL

No...looks great!

I have a small bottle of sesame oil in cabinet in a dark area, and it's there for like 6 years.
We don't use it that much. It tasted fine the other day on my green beans.

Embryodad

yesterday for supper, I had a 3 deviled egg on a hot dog roll. Then a tomato and cheese with mayo, on rye seeded bread toasted lightly.

Today...mommy Tina made zucchini with tomatoes to be ladled over campanelle macaroni's.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

YUM!! We had Chinese last night.

Cooksie have you posted this recipe? If not can you pretty please. LOL

I keep my Flaxseed oil, toasted sesame oil and hot chili sesame oil in the fridge.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Soup looks delicious, Cooksie!

I don't refrigerate my open sesame oil.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks like opinions differ on the sesame oil storage, doesn't surprise me :D. I did a little reading up and found from the manufacturer: either way is fine as long as it's in a cool, dark place, and refrigeration can prolong its stability if you choose (my words, not theirs).

Peep - it's on here already. This time I used a pkg of wafer thin pork, put it in the freezer for a while and it sliced easily. I also browned it in some peanut oil (think Q-Sis suggested that, and it is better that way), and added it in at the very end. Used the dried shiitakes in this batch too along with the soaking liquid. It's an old Weight Watchers recipe that I played around with. If you try it, tell us what you added or did differently...always lookin' for a better way :biggrin:.