What's Cooking NCT Sun. 4/21/2013 to Sat. 4/27/2013

Embryodad

Those beans look delicious Jimmy! Were those Vidalia onions? I picked up my first Vidalia's of the season a couple of days ago. I could eat those with just about everything!

We had leftover cornish hens, rice and salad.
Thanks Mama..

No the onions were just a yellow onion, but not that much sulphur.
I'm not burping; so they must be not that strong.

Embryodad

Cleaned out the veggie drawer and made Pasta Primavera.

Looks great Joe...a n d

Uh Oh! It just reminded me that I've got three bell peppers in the crisper drawer that have to be cooked or used up soon. If not, I will slice and freeze them in water.

J

Jana

Cleaned out the veggie drawer and made Pasta Primavera.

I think great minds think alike. I've been thinking about making a pasta primavera too. I just bought the ingredients and will make soon. Yours looks really good.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Thanks, Jana. Tonight we had a picnic in April. Potato salad, baked beans and hand ground steak burgers.

Embryodad

Looks Good Joe! ... a Little too cool to grill, and I was servicing the lawn cutting machines and generator today.
Tina made a quick meat sauce, and we had spaghetti.
Nothing to write home about! LOL.. Oh! It was good, but no bread, no salad...and we have all that stuff.
GD and her BF stopped and ate too.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I picked up a slab of baby back ribs while at the store today. they were screaming my name quite loudly, so I took them home and have them getting nicely done in the oven as we speak. The store had the first corn on the cob from down South, so I picked up a couple of ears to see how it is. Nice bi-color with plump kernels, so hopefully it will be sweet and tender...like me!:brows: This meal was built around the left over potato salad from yesterday, so it's picnic food two days in a row.

Embryodad

Our dinner built around leftover potato salad.

Looks good Joe....and uhhh...how was the Corn?? Should we sing,"The sheep's in the meadow, and the Cow's in the Corn.
It certainly looks good. I just mentioned to Tina,"Gee I see a lot of corn on the cob lately!" She said, We could get it too; they have it in the stores.

I said,"Nice they have it there, but it surely would be nice to share a ear or two on my plate!" ...hahahahaha

Embryodad

Today lunch was Bread and Butter that Tina bought me from an Italian bakery in Fairfirld while on way back home from shopping.

Then for Supper, I made her halushkies with fried cabbage.

Darn it was good. Amazed myself.

halushkisandtina004.jpg

halushkisandtina008.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful ribs Joe.

Jimmy which bakery in Fairfield - name and address please? Looks great.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Fairway has 50% off PRIME cut London Broil this week $3.49/lb - $4.24/lb.

Embryodad

Fairway has 50% off PRIME cut London Broil this week $3.49/lb - $4.24/lb.

Wow! I'll tell Tina. She was at Willowbrook mall today too. She had her friend though, and she had to get home early.

So that means it starts Sunday then. OK Thanks

Don't forget, when London Broil is on sale, the chopped beef gets all the trimmings added. Tina said that is the best time to buy chopped meat.
That is if they grind the meat there.???

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wow! I'll tell Tina. She was at Willowbrook mall today too. She had her friend though, and she had to get home early.

So that means it starts Sunday then. OK Thanks

Don't forget, when London Broil is on sale, the chopped beef gets all the trimmings added. Tina said that is the best time to buy chopped meat.
That is if they grind the meat there.???
It says Apr 26 - May 2, 2013

Fresh made in store ground sirloin $3.99/lb

Attachments

• 7759960.jpg
    7759960.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 136
  • 7759961.jpg
    7759961.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 138

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks good Joe....and uhhh...how was the Corn?? Should we sing,"The sheep's in the meadow, and the Cow's in the Corn.
It certainly looks good. I just mentioned to Tina,"Gee I see a lot of corn on the cob lately!" She said, We could get it too; they have it in the stores.

I said,"Nice they have it there, but it surely would be nice to share a ear or two on my plate!" ...hahahahaha
The corn was just OK, not really sweet like I expected. But for the first fresh corn since last Fall, it was still better than a can. The stuff we froze is long since gone, as we tried to eat it during snowstorms. :yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
WOW Peepers....I wish we had a Fairway near here. Those are some great deals.

We had a lot to do yesterday so DH took me to O'Charleys for dinner last night. I made breakfast for dinner tonight.

Attachments

• dinner04272013.jpg
    dinner04272013.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 225

Embryodad

We had a lot to do yesterday so DH took me to O'Charleys for dinner last night. I made breakfast for dinner tonight.
Looks good mama....uhhhh??? Is that a Poke Chop in the foreground?
If it is, It sure is something I would try with eggs. I've had steak & eggs, but never Pork chops and eggs. Looks great!

I just made pizza sauce for tomorrow. Kids are coming for Dad's Home Made pizza. Havn't made it in months. Sick... Ole Dad-zo!

Had a roast beef club Tina got me from the Chester Diner on her way back from...where else??? ....Yup!...SHOPPING!!! LOL

She took DIL for some clothes for her 43rd B-day on Monday.
We will celebrate on Sunday!

I'm gonna make the pizza dough, and assemble the 5 -- 16 inch pies and put them in the reefer downstairs . That way, all I gotta do, is pop em in the oven, and bake them. ( Hands side slap together...and I'm Done)! LOL

Embryodad

Yep Jimmy that's a poke chop. They're great with eggs.
OK

See that delicious tenderloin piece?
Tina pulled them off my chops and quietly ate them. I said, "Hey lady".....what goes here.?... she just snickered.

It's like she used to fight with her cousin to get the gizzard from the chicken soup.

Who would ever think they would have just a container of gizzards. She cooks gizzards and eats them in soup.

Me....I just run, far far away!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH MAMA! WOW that looks good!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks good mama....uhhhh??? Is that a Poke Chop in the foreground?
If it is, It sure is something I would try with eggs. I've had steak & eggs, but never Pork chops and eggs. Looks great!

I just made pizza sauce for tomorrow. Kids are coming for Dad's Home Made pizza. Havn't made it in months. Sick... Ole Dad-zo!

Had a roast beef club Tina got me from the Chester Diner on her way back from...where else??? ....Yup!...SHOPPING!!! LOL

She took DIL for some clothes for her 43rd B-day on Monday.
We will celebrate on Sunday!

I'm gonna make the pizza dough, and assemble the 5 -- 16 inch pies and put them in the reefer downstairs . That way, all I gotta do, is pop em in the oven, and bake them. ( Hands side slap together...and I'm Done)! LOL
Poke chops and eggs are a southern thing I think. I saw it on menus first when traveling down I-95 to fla. I think Cracker Barrel has it on their menu also.

My DD's bday is Monday also.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had assorted cheeses, meats (pepperoni and baby salami), fruit and crackers for dinner tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
And Bread?
I missed lunch so I just had meat and hard cheese. Later I for dinner I will have some hard cheese (there is cheddar, gouda, smoked gouda and muenster), meat, brie, port wine and blue cheese (I like the soft cheese spread on panella bread). We/they also have triscuits, ritz, 12 grain and stoned wheat thins crackers.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST Jimmy ... Tell Tina to pick up a fresh, hot, steamy Baguette in the bakery isle when she goes to Fairway.