"FOOT DOWN........."

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
............ after finding a huge rib eye dated 11 / 11 out of the big freezer, the Warden has put that foot down. we are not to buy any meats until we clean out the freezer, even if that means eating chicken for days on end..............

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Did you throw it a belated birthday party? LOL

I have had some of those too Lucky. Opposite reaction here I am for not using it and DW says "There is no problem" I just cook it for her and a younger one for me.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
When we do a beef or hog I always bring in boxes and crates and empty out the old stuff so the new goes in behind or in the bottom of the chest freezers.On the uprights I usually dedicate a shelf to the new beef and then make sure to use the old stuff first. The other thing is I started dating all the stuff we vac seal. This helps with veggies a lot.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My brother and I called it "eating down the freezer" before we bought any new stuff.

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
My brother and I called it "eating down the freezer" before we bought any new stuff.

Lee

I just dfid that for about the last few months or so.

Now, just about all that is left in there (the deep freezer) is a large fresh pork shoulder, a small little bag of assorted meats and a drumstick.

I'll make SOMETHING with that. Maybe a potluck dinner or something. I'll go buy some more meat at the end of the month. :weber:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
an industrial vacu-sealer is a great item. i've lost 2 strip steaks & 4 filets to my fridge. in a few wks. many fresh veggies, too.

btw, my vacuum sealer is dusty & i could not get that thing shut half the time. & i lost the plastic to cut into bags. this is why it's now dusty. luv the cryovacs we used in school/work.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
an industrial vacu-sealer is a great item. i've lost 2 strip steaks & 4 filets to my fridge. in a few wks. many fresh veggies, too.

btw, my vacuum sealer is dusty & i could not get that thing shut half the time. & i lost the plastic to cut into bags. this is why it's now dusty. luv the cryovacs we used in school/work.

Yes!!

It's a MUST!!!

If you don't want your food to suffer from freezer burn, it is one of the best things to invest in!!! :clap:

Leni

I'm trying to do the same thing. We have three refrigs and two big freezers. One of the refrigs is my daughters. I'm sick and tired of trying to keep everything in order. Order to DH today. We will eat down all of those before buying much of anything else especially since we grow veggies.