Hostest, maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Wonder Bread set to close. 18,500 Jobs Go.

Ian M.

My all-time favourite was always Ding Dongs. Life just won't be the same without them - now I'll be back to eating my own cooking again. Yikes!

Ian :dizzy:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
the ho-ho's were a fave- peelin' them layer-by-layer. shermie, those cupcakes rocked! we luved king dons years ago, too,- namely when frozen.
tryin' to get my Mom on the telly-phone, to get a stock of items so i can sell 'em in the distant future. my friend called & says most places have b.o.g.o. sales, 'cept she said she saw on tv that many ppl have gotten frenzied & bought the stock of 'em at most places. i know where to get them yet, & discounted @ that.

some rich & intelligent person'll likely buy the corporation soon.

~sweeeet!- they got items, yet! now if my Mom would clean her voicemail.

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Actually and sadly, they are going to close up shop and Donald Trump the 18,500 employees.

Some Christmas gift, hey?!!!!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
there's many a co. already in negotaions fer buying/merging. i've faith~

Shermie

Site Supporter
My Hostess Twinkies Baking Set came today!!! I may start making Twinkies tomorrow!!!

Here's what it looks like; :eating2:

Attachments

• Hostess Twinkies Bake Set..jpg
    Hostess Twinkies Bake Set..jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 201

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Are you going to have any for sale????? :poke:

Pics please. Let us know how they compare to the original.

Where did you buy your twinkie pan?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, I went searching and Twinkie baking sets with a pastry bag are not hard to find. On Amazon they go for 69 bucks which includes the bag and recipe:

Hostess Twinkies Bake Set with Pastry Bag & Recipe Booklet
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Hostess-Twinkies-Pastry-Recipe-Booklet/dp/B00A9T943Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356970545&sr=8-1&keywords=twinkie+pan[/ame]

I saw a similar item on ebay for 39.00

so they are out there. More expensive than I expected.

Of course they have pans that would work for less but you don't get the recipe and bag. :confused: