"What's Cooking ?" Sun. 11/4/12 to Sat. 11/10/12..

Embryodad

Tina made a new style Meatloaf...

I called it ... "Meatloaf Sandy" oo

MEATLOAFSANDY002_zpse7ccdeba.jpg

My favorite for desert

MEATLOAFSANDY003_zps3fdb6574.jpg

Embryodad

yum, jimmy!
Ha Ha Ha ... I love city chix...better than country chix! LOL...

I gotta make it so's they forget how pi$$y and Moody they are cuz we didn't get a lot of snow on this end of the state.

Maybe that's good cuz the snow blower's not ready yet!...

OMG.. Ts gonna in the 50's fri and sat and sun... Shucks!! I want snow now!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
You'll probably regret saying you wanted snow come springtime Jimmy.

I just took a caramel apple bread pudding out of the oven. I've got a chuck roast keeping warm in the pressure cooker and the mashed potatoes are ready. Just need to heat up some peas and make the gravy when DH gets home and DD gets here. I still have a half of a loaf of homemade french bread to sop up all of that wonderful gravy too.

My goodness it smells good in here :smile:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made 1 of those 'kitchens of india' pouches- the black gram lentils curry kind. also made a spinach & artichoke hummus/leaf spinach/iceberg lettuce sammich. almond coconut milk to drink. dessert- 2 olive oil tortas, marcona almonds & a pop. that was meant to be lunch. methinx it's gonna be lunch & dinner, tho~

me, too, jimmy, on the city chix. i cannot wait fer snow, myself!

Attachments

• sammichanat.jpg
    sammichanat.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 172
  • torta.jpg
    torta.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Embryodad

You'll probably regret saying you wanted snow come springtime Jimmy.

I just took a caramel apple bread pudding out of the oven. I've got a chuck roast keeping warm in the pressure cooker and the mashed potatoes are ready. Just need to heat up some peas and make the gravy when DH gets home and DD gets here. I still have a half of a loaf of homemade french bread to sop up all of that wonderful gravy too.

My goodness it smells good in here :smile:

I don't think so Mama! Tina and I love and adore the snow! The more, the merrier!:blob_blue:

Embryodad

made 1 of those 'kitchens of india' pouches- the black gram lentils curry kind. also made a spinach & artichoke hummus/leaf spinach/iceberg lettuce sammich. almond coconut milk to drink. dessert- 2 olive oil tortas, marcona almonds & a pop. that was meant to be lunch. methinx it's gonna be lunch & dinner, tho~

me, too, jimmy, on the city chix. i cannot wait fer snow, myself!
Boy... That Pepper Grinder always gets his picture taken. He must be importante!

Meal looks good luvs.

Love the coke glass.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Boy... That Pepper Grinder always gets his picture taken. He must be importante!

Meal looks good luvs.

Love the coke glass.

u make dinner, jimmy~ (fergot 'bout city chix. next 'iggle visit i should get the makings.)

black pepper is an integral item in my day. when the pepper is empty, so am i, emotionally.:D
TY. i'm full, lentils & hummus in 1 meal.
someone @ 'da bar gave me that glass, as i commented on how i luved his own. i have yet to take her w/ me as i keep meaning to so they can keep her there fer me.

Embryodad

u make dinner, jimmy~ (fergot 'bout city chix. next 'iggle visit i should get the makings.)

black pepper is an integral item in my day. when the pepper is empty, so am i, emotionally.:D
TY. i'm full, lentils & hummus in 1 meal.
someone @ 'da bar gave me that glass, as i commented on how i luved his own. i have yet to take her w/ me as i keep meaning to so they can keep her there fer me.
Yaaaaya! Black pepper..ummm!

My Maria made biscotti with fresh course ground black pepper in some.
I loved them.
Haaa...Had a cup of hot coffee with a little Half & Half, and fresh ground fine black pepper.

Try it...It's great, if you like coffee or even tea; and the heat from the coffee just creates pepper magic!

Embryodad

Chicken soup with rice. Tina made it with a dead chicken from the market that was already cooked.

I made Philly Cheese steaks..wit Onions and peppers. G oo D!!!

Doughnuts plain and powdered from Entenmans.

I just got finished cleaning up and dishes are in the dishwasher.

Tina is passed out on the EZ chair. ( from tiredness) Boiling that chicken was a lot of work! Ahemmm! ... Ooops! Feather stuck in throat!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yep, pepper is a must-have, here, too. in generous amounts. i saw the biscotti pix & zoomed rite on in on the pepper ones. thinkin' i've seen almond/pepper ones somewhere here.
luv the thought of pepper in a warm drink, 'cept that caffeine isn't my pal.
chuckling @ the chix sarcasm.
cheesesteaks! i'd posted 'bout 'iggle havin' steak shaved thinly fer cheesesteaks- was so gonna get a pk., tho was in a hurry, & already past the produce & the deli section to get thin-sliced provolone. & 'da breads- we skipped the bakery ones, then mediochre ones, & the normal kinds were on the very last aisle.

think i'll make a snack. a mug of soup, pick over a few foods.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
gettin' groceries later on. i've considered making this spiced pumpkin beef stew i got in a booklet attached to a jar of pumpkin sauce. think that'll be dinner tonite.

Embryodad

Tina picked up a bag-a-dough at the Weis Market.

Never again!!
It was like elastic man, or that stretch Armstrong the kids had. That toy that you could pull his arms and legs, and stretch. Let it go, and it would go right back to the original shape! hahahahahahaha

GRrrrrrrrr!!!
More like a Bread Pizza...
No more of that refridgerated bag dough!

Here is the first phase...little cheese and the 1/2 topping pepperoni
Then I baked it till the crust set somewhat.....

ElasticPizza002_zps6680d580.jpg

Then.....when that baked....
Added More cheese and back in the oven...just till cheese melted.

ElasticPizza003_zps3c46456b.jpg

Then...raised the oven temp to 500, and plopped it in for 7 minutes.

ElasticPizza007_zps1f793dbd.jpg

A side view of the Puffy Breadlike pizza.

ElasticPizza008_zps96153736.jpg

And then...dessert... Tina bought those hard Christmas Candies.
Mom always had dishes of them all over the house. Yummm!!

ElasticPizza006_zps81da8a28.jpg

Oh! Don't worry...I got a box of Yodels to finish up.
Soons as I gets a cup of coffee...I'll be forcing myself to eat those great chocolate & cream logs.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That pizza don't look bad! Maybe you had to wrestle the dough just right. We got our half of beef back yesterday. I took a 57lb. box of the smallest steaks and 2 roasts with plenty of burger to the old neighbor lady. She made me a sweet cherry pie. Man it was good! Just put a bottom round roast in the slow cooker for supper tonight. Wife does not know it yet, but the leftover roast is going to get made into homemade beef meat pies tomorrow.:smile:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We have Alexa for today and tomorrow while Mommy & Daddy have a day to themselves before the new baby comes on or about 11-28-12. They're going out for a nice dinner and a movie, then settle in for an uncomfortable evening of baby boy kicking the daylights out of Mommy.:a1:

Anyhooo, we let Alexa pick what she wanted for dinner, and here's what she chose with Yellow Jellow for dessert. it was really pretty good with my meatballs and sweet marinara. Grandma forgot to put on the cheese, so Alexa hollered "CHEESE, PLEEZE!"

Dinner111012.jpg

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
No pix, but tonight's dinner is conch chowder, 3 minute microwaved corn on the cob, and grilled pork chops.

Embryodad

We have Alexa for today and tomorrow while Mommy & Daddy have a day to themselves before the new baby comes on or about 11-28-12. They're going out for a nice dinner and a movie, then settle in for an uncomfortable evening of baby boy kicking the daylights out of Mommy.:a1:

Anyhooo, we let Alexa pick what she wanted for dinner, and here's what she chose with Yellow Jellow for dessert. it was really pretty good with my meatballs and sweet marinara. Grandma forgot to put on the cheese, so Alexa hollered "CHEESE, PLEEZE!"

Dinner111012.jpg
Oh! Boy! .... elbows = definetely little tikes meals...

My Gram used to serve my macaroni's, and sauce it, and then put her ear to the dish, and at that time would say,.>..Ahhhhh! They are calling Jimanootze...you hear them?
I would say,"No gram, what are they sayin?" ....She said, hahahaha, they are calling for cheese!!.... Yeah! I said, I hear them Gram.

This family now after that....say,"I hear them calling for cheese!"

Embryodad

Mommy Made a great lasagna.

The larger one without provalone...

The small one with provalone which I like.

No meat in either...Yay!

She made a pot of meatballs in the sauce; made with ground beef / saltine crackers crushed / pepper / and one egg. Plain, and ok as far as texture and taste.

We had DQ Icecream cake. It was ok, but lacking enough fudge and chocolate crunchie crumbs. Nothing special. Lacking enough that I would order one made to my liking and would even pay for it extra.

No pic of the cake; I was chewing my cheese and trying not to chokey chokey :yum:.

LASAGNANC006_zpsaa35fefe.jpg

LASAGNANC007_zpsc7f13fab.jpg