"What's Cooking?" Sun.10/28/12 to Sat. 11/3/12

Embryodad

Tina has some halupki cooking on the stovetop.

They were made and frozen uncooked. Just enough in a package for us two when we want them.

The house smells so darn good!!

Chocolate Brownie and Blueberry muffin from the store today for dessert!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Chicken breast and gravy, pasta and broccoli. Homemade Italian Bread will be out of the oven shortly.

Embryodad

Had a great supper!

Tina made a small pot of halupkies....
halupkies002_zpsf5dde6cf.jpg

Fresh Greek Oregano was all mine to eat.

halupkies003_zpsee222a4b.jpg

The next door neighbor made lasagna; and so that was a blessing.
halupkies004_zps0717e02b.jpg

Then I had a brownie with my favorite topping. Butter!

halupkies008_zpsbcf9559c.jpg
:yum:

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
After a totally crazy day we still had to pack the big bulk pack of boneless chicken breasts. I sliced one up into little pieces and took that and the little dinky bag of chicken that came with the stir fry veggies. Browned those up lightly in a little coconut oil. Dumped in the veggies and sauce mix and covered for about 7 minutes. Was great on a cold damp evening.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Lookin' good Jimmy! I've never seen anyone put butter on a brownie before :lol:

Is that the Birdseye stir fry Mountainman? I like to keep bags of that in the freezer. Makes for a great quick meal.

Here's our dinner. I just mixed it all together in one pot. It was comforting on a cold and windy night.

Attachments

• dinner10282012.jpg
    dinner10282012.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 291
  • italian-bread-loaf.jpg
    italian-bread-loaf.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 302

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
It was the Fusia brand from Aldi. They are pretty good and cheap! We always add our own meat except the shrimp ones. I could eat some of that bread nice and warm from the oven with our fresh honey on it!

Embryodad

Lookin' good Jimmy! I've never seen anyone put butter on a brownie before :lol:

Is that the Birdseye stir fry Mountainman? I like to keep bags of that in the freezer. Makes for a great quick meal.

Here's our dinner. I just mixed it all together in one pot. It was comforting on a cold and windy night.
Such a warming dinner Mama... And that split top bread! Ummm!!!

The brownies were a little dry; so I needed that butter to swallow them easier.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had my dinner from one of the selections on the menu at work.
Beef stew over biscuits with a side of asparagus-- really tasty.
Later picked around at a caramel corn ball that our retired nurse Joanie brought in for all of us.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Thanks, Jimmy, for the pizza advice in the other thread. I ended up having pizza two nights in a row and used all the dough, but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I cooked a corned beef last night, one of those vacuum packed jobs. I was never so disappointed in the amount of fat. About 1/3 of it was fat :(.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Didn't cook.
Went to the chicken place that used to be KFC and got the gizzard dinner.
Deep fried gizzards with mash and gravy, coleslaw and a biscuit.
Mmmmhmmmm.. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my 1 nurse took me to an appt. & then lunch @ arby's. got a chix sammich, curly fries, & a peppermint shake. later fer dinner.

Attachments

• IMG_1421712.jpg
    IMG_1421712.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_1422713.jpg
    IMG_1422713.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 260

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Another rainy day here, so I made butternut squash soup, Romain & spinach salad and baguettes still hot from the oven. Really hit the spot, and finished with apple strudel for dessert.

Dinner103112.jpg

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Glad to see you surface, Jimmy!

I have a flank steak for tonight. I'm thinking I'll make some kind of sauce with the pesto that I have left from making Mediterranean pizzas.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Had the last of the schnitts and knepp. That ham is so good. Need to get some more apples drying. Wife eats them for snacks too often.:furious:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Center cut pork loin chops done on the Geo. Foreman grill, pan fried redskin taters cooked in lard, and broccoli.

Dinner110112.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The only thing better to cook potatoes in than lard is bacon. Yum Joe....looks awesome.

I made hamburger veggie soup last night with Italian bread. We had eftovers tonight.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I didn't pack anything from home, didn't want Chinese again.. so when I got hungry one of the aides said she was running across the street to McDonalds.
I threw 10 bucks at her and told her to get me anything.
She came back with a new item that is on the menu.
It's called a CBO,under the angus burger and premium chicken sandwich menu.
I loved it.
Angus burger with white cheddar, smoked bacon, caramelized onions,and a mustard sauce ---with a small vanilla shake.
That was a ton of calories.. but.. who cares... :biggrin:

Embryodad

Center cut pork loin chops done on the Geo. Foreman grill, pan fried redskin taters cooked in lard, and broccoli.

Dinner110112.jpg

Looks great Joe.

Lard frying is great for potatoes. I love the flavor of meatballs fried in lard too!
Lard pie crust is awesome!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Good to hear from you Jimmy! Did y'all weather the storm okay?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Pesto sauce was pretty good, and I'll do it again. Baked onion with grated parmesan looks like a mess but was also pretty good.

FlankSteakPestoSauce.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I would swim through a flood to get an egg nog shake from Micky D's or a gingerbread shake from Burger King IF they had power and were open!! LOL

Funny thing was that the Micky D's right next to the hotel we stayed at and our hotel had NO power BUT the Dunkin Donuts right next door to Micky D's HAD power!! The line of cars trying to get into that place was a mile down the highway. LOL I even saw a firetruck and a police car waiting in the line!! TeeHee is that a stereotype confirmed or what?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:D
think i'll make spinach pasta w/ pumpkin sauce. maybe curried lentils if not the pasta.
cooksie, that steak! now that looks awesome.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hub got cold cuts this morning from work. So we had heros for breakfast and will have same for dinner. His store never lost power. Everything around did but not them!! So they didn't have to junk the food like stop n shop had to. They were only closed early on monday. A bunch of the other shop rites around here lost power and had to chuck food they couldn't sell.

I am thinking I would like to make a pot of gravy and meatballs tomorrow.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We'll be having grilled chicken salad.

I was wondering if those Mikey D's CBO's were good. The sure make them look good on the commercials. Sounds like it must have been pretty good Sass, I'll have to give them a try.

Embryodad

Today being Friday...it was P I Z Z A ...

The kids came over, and we got pizza from a place across from m&m's that was running on Generator power.
We got 4 pies for 61.00... Grrr!

We all got gasoline in the cars, and filled the gas cans from either Stroudsburg, Pa, or Bangor,Pa across the bridge. Got 3 cents off a gallon at the Turkey Hill! Yay!....Yeah! Right!!

Jimmy Jr. power supposed to be on the 7th
Maria... power by the 5th.

Tomorrow is leftover chicken breasts they made the other day...Tomorrow they are gonna wash clothes.
It's getting cold out...just had sleet 10 minutes ago.
I guess the air is colder up aloft.?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Today being Friday...it was P I Z Z A ...

The kids came over, and we got pizza from a place across from m&m's that was running on Generator power.
We got 4 pies for 61.00... Grrr!

We all got gasoline in the cars, and filled the gas cans from either Stroudsburg, Pa, or Bangor,Pa across the bridge. Got 3 cents off a gallon at the Turkey Hill! Yay!....Yeah! Right!!

Jimmy Jr. power supposed to be on the 7th
Maria... power by the 5th.

Tomorrow is leftover chicken breasts they made the other day...Tomorrow they are gonna wash clothes.
It's getting cold out...just had sleet 10 minutes ago.
I guess the air is colder up aloft.?
61 bucks for 4 pizza? HOLY COW!!