"What is Planned to Eat for Monday 07/11/11

Embryodad

It's supposed to hit near 90º here today.....so I /we are thinking of something on the cool side such as sliced HB egg sandwiches or tomato sandwiches....

Actually no heating up the kitchen, and no swealtering at the BBQ Grill....

Don't know yet???? Maybe I will make Tuna salad / Egg salad / salad salad...LOL.... I don't know yet!

SOoooooo! how about You???? any thoughts...yet?:)

Carolina Cooking

I have had salad salad salad. You would think I would be fed up with it, but I am not.

I had My Big Fat Greek Salad last night. :encore:

Tonight I am planning on My Big Fat Taco salad. :encore:

thank god that spinach is gone :ohmy: just call me 'popeye' :wave:

Embryodad

I have had salad salad salad. You would think I would be fed up with it, but I am not.

I had My Big Fat Greek Salad last night. :encore:

Tonight I am planning on My Big Fat Taco salad. :encore:

thank god that spinach is gone :ohmy: just call me 'popeye' :wave:
Oh so funny! hahahahahahaha

Tonight it is Egg Salad..on toast...with Mayo..

Just put the egg timer on now.. LOL..

DW wanted salsa and chips for lunch..lol sl she calls me while she was at Walmart, and asks,"Do we have salsa?" Yep! I said... "Do we have nacho chips?" Yep" I said.

What I never noticed...was the one bag was 4/7/ 2010 and the other was 2008.

Obviously she was P _ $$*d when she started dipping.

The funny thing is....."The Birds won't even eat them!"...hahahahahahaha

Boy..did they ever smell rancid. Ha!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's 2:40 pm here, and I still have no idea.. maybe a PBJ.
So far today it's been fruit and iced tea.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yes, but I normally have planned/get/or cook- then eat dinner around 4-4:30 when it's a day off.
Meh, nothing even sounds tempting at the moment.
Perhaps later I'll hit Joey's for some garlic wings, if my tummy says GO! lol

Nancy-MD

I have no clue what I'm cooking yet and it's 3:30 already. I'm bored with everything. But I have a hubby who wants a cooked meal every day! I have leftovers and I guess I could reheat those - chicken enchiladas or kalbi from yesterday. Dunno yet.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
polenta/green chile & that is it, i think. thankfully, it's raining. i wanna dance in that & sing~
this weather..... please arrive, december, soooon!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Salad with grapes and candied walnuts; then shrimp ravioli with garlic and lemon on sauteed spinach.

cookingirl

easy today------My first "official" day of vacation===did not do much..
It was int he 90's today with the humidity oppressive...I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things--it was late when I got home; after 12 pm (up early, but late leaving house).
Came home and made a smoothie shake for daddy---shush, put some vanilla yogurt in it (he hates yogurt--so he thinks), a 1/2 banana, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some strawberry preserves, and a tad of milk...it filled him up! and he liked it!!:blob_blue:
snacked on some trail mix, while watching the new version of "True Grit"--I enjoyed it...
Supper was easy.Neither of us was hungry, so sammies...low sodium ham (2 thin slices for dad, along with a roasted pepper,(jarred and rinsed so salt ran off), Italian style roast beef with lacey swiss cheese for me and a 1/2 of a humongous eclair for each of us...
want to watch Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part I tomorrow, before the Part II comes out this week--want to see that in the movies..just trying to relax..:bbq3::fridge:

Embryodad

easy today------My first "official" day of vacation===did not do much..
It was int he 90's today with the humidity oppressive...I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things--it was late when I got home; after 12 pm (up early, but late leaving house).
Came home and made a smoothie shake for daddy---shush, put some vanilla yogurt in it (he hates yogurt--so he thinks), a 1/2 banana, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, some strawberry preserves, and a tad of milk...it filled him up! and he liked it!!:blob_blue:
snacked on some trail mix, while watching the new version of "True Grit"--I enjoyed it...
Supper was easy.Neither of us was hungry, so sammies...low sodium ham (2 thin slices for dad, along with a roasted pepper,(jarred and rinsed so salt ran off), Italian style roast beef with lacey swiss cheese for me and a 1/2 of a humongous eclair for each of us...
want to watch Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows Part I tomorrow, before the Part II comes out this week--want to see that in the movies..just trying to relax..:bbq3::fridge:
Oh Girl...Bless you!... So glad you are on a vacation. You certainly deserve it..I can tell.

Enjoy your time off to the best of your ability. That's Great!

Relax to the fullest!

(((JIMMY)))

Norm

I got my first tomatoes out of the garden today! Yesterday while making the mussels, I saw an unopened stick of pepperoni and some green and red peppers and decided I'd use them today to make a pizza. I didn't see the peppers today so I forgot to add them to the pizza. I made sauce from a small can of tomato sauce, some fresh basil from the garden, onion, garlic, sage and fennel. On top of that went some parm. cheese, hamburger, the pepperoni, Genoa salami, ham and black olives. I used up the last of the mozzarella and some string cheese I discovered in the fridge too. Here is a picture.

DSCF3221.jpg

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Venison sausage thawing... what to do with it is the question. :)

chili; hoagies w/ peppers/onions; pasta sauce; incorporate into meatballz/meatloaf, maybe
have a freeze packed w/ deer meat- gotz 2 pitch it, too old now!

cookingirl

Norm-send me some tomatoes! I grow them every year, but not this one---I will absolutely miss my caprese salad--home grown tomatoes, basil and mozzarella--with really good extra virgin olive oil and good fresh mozzarella...sigh..

K

Kimchee

Norm, that looks great!

Tonight I am going SUPER GOURMET.... hot dogs! Nathan's (thats gourmet, right?)
Blue box macaroni and cheese..
and a salad.

Kid comfort food! Keeps me young. Yeah, that's it!

Nancy-MD

That pizza looks delicious, Norm.

I made meatloaf with smashed baby red potatoes and steamed green beans.

Attachments

• meatloaf and smashed buttermilk baby reds 001.jpg
    meatloaf and smashed buttermilk baby reds 001.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 129

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Home from two week trip. Glad to have chicken breast and marinara in the freezer. Had my one year old grandson all day, he had a fever and his mom had to work. Glad to be here to help. He turned one on the fourth of July, we were all together to celebrate!

Carolina Cooking

I made Taco salad with no tacos lol

lettace, taco hamburger meat, onion,salsa,shredded mexican cheese, sour cream. Low carb lol
I was so stuffed , I lay down & moaned I am so full :readytoeat: I even fell a sleep.
so now Its time for the Closer :)thumb:) and I can't believe I want something sweet & I have no jello made or fruit to have with whipped cream :sad:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Norm, that pizza is just the best!
The crust looks fabulous, and you used fresh ingredients AND string cheese!

Nancy, that is one of my all time favourite comfort meal combos.
Yummy!

Well, I did get some wings from Joey's. Half garlic and half smothered in bbq sauce.
Salad was just romaine, tomato, onion and green bell pepper.
/Blue cheese dressing.
Hit the spot!
2011-07-11 19-38-29.274.jpg

Guts

Norm the pizza looks good. I haven't made one in sometime. The plan on making one here in next couple weeks I have to feed my starter tomorrow. Maybe I'll make some intermediate dough.

Nancy That's real comfort said me love green beans, potatoes O Yum!

Sass. Every time I think of wings. I think of sitting at the bar with a cold beer, watching a sports and eating wings. They do look very good.

I had a good neighbor dinner tonight. What I mean by that is my neighbors from Guadalajara, Mexico. Bring me over meals every now and then, last week I bought them some chorizo, and this is how they retaliate. It was a chicken mole a with rice and beans and fresh warm tortillas.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 106