What's cooking NCT? 12.08-12.2015

Johnny West

For tonight I used a basic recipe but used a pound of burger and a pound of Italian sweet sausage, added one more egg, extra bread crumbs, and a half cup chopped raisins - I like bigger meat balls and made 15 for tonight. Pictures at 10.

Saliha

Meat soup, I used pork shoulder:

A5FvpJy.jpg

Johnny West

That soup looks excellent - I'm hoping to make noodles this weekend with Amelia and will make a veg soup as well as one with meat.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cioppino tonight - can't wait! I may try my hand at some baked clams too.

Johnny West

I accidentally dropped a big squash on the floor and it cracked so split it in half and it's baking in the oven. Some of it will go into "pumpkin" pancakes tonight and the rest frozen for future use and at least two pies for Christmas.

Johnny West

The pancakes were an experiment and not bad, albit more crepe like. I used Snoqualmie Falls pancake mix then added ingredients Martha Stewart had in her recipe. It was a little thick so added milk and then they were too thin but decided i was done with it. They came out more like Swedish pancakes and tasted great. I ended up doing a bigger fry up than I inticipated and had bacon, Farmer John sausage, and scrambled eggs as well.

FullSizeRender%202_16.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

FullSizeRender%203_11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That all looks good to me, Johnny!

Do you put maple syrup on your pancakes?

Lee

Johnny West

I do, Lee. I'm working on the end of a bottle of Art Cliff maple syrup made in Massachusetts. Usually I have Vermont or Quebec syrup. My favorite is Trader Joe's grade A from Quebec which is more "earthy" tasting than the grade A syrups.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I do, Lee. I'm working on the end of a bottle of Art Cliff maple syrup made in Massachusetts. Usually I have Vermont or Quebec syrup. My favorite is Trader Joe's grade A from Quebec which is more "earthy" tasting than the grade A syrups.

Do you have Grade B available to you? That's what I always get - darker, deeper flavor.

Lee

Johnny West

I do, Lee, and that was a typo I missed. It should have been Trader Joe's grade B.

I know where several TJ's are but all a bit of a drive so I usually buy two.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, now why would they go ahead and do that???

Why have so many levels of Grade A???

Thanks, Chowder!

Lee