What's Cooking? NCT Sun 8/2 to Sat 8/8/2015

Embryodad

I think it will be leftovers......
Chicken Soup / Take out Chinese from yesterday / and I guess waffles for breakfast. I gotta make the yeast raised batter tonight so it sits in the refrigerator over night.

I think it will be Belgian waffles this time. :smile:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
snacks a few daze, then Asian noodles w/ chix & veggies. a piece of a hoagie; then me & blake split one. tonite, he got us sammiches. i got capicola, w/ fries. a fried egg/slaw/tomato. blake brought primanti's over @ 2-ish tonite. ummmmmm.

Attachments

• diningon8315.jpg
    diningon8315.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 316
  • dininwblake8315.jpg
    dininwblake8315.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
My eldest son loves Primanti's, Aubrey.
I've a picture of him eating a monster sandwich there and having a brew I think.
Will post it when I find it.

Yesterday I went to New Haven, Indiana and ate at a fabulous Italian restaurant, Salvatori's.
Good times with a great friend ;)

Last edited:

Domestic Goddess

Oops! I guess I had posted this on the wrong date. Sorry about that!

Tonight we had for dinner...

Leafy greens, cucumbers, and tomatoes from our garden to make a salad, plus we also had...

Leftover Smoked Salmon

Leftover Chicken Tenders

Leftover French Fries

Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert

Embryodad

Oops! I guess I had posted this on the wrong date. Sorry about that!

Tonight we had for dinner...

Leafy greens, cucumbers, and tomatoes from our garden to make a salad, plus we also had...

Leftover Smoked Salmon

Leftover Chicken Tenders

Leftover French Fries

Chocolate Ice Cream for dessert
I do that a lot....
I call it, "Back to the Future!"....

I'm on Metric Time anyway!! LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I made a 1/4 burger in my grill pan the Fannie Farmer way.
Simply pan fried, drained of any excess grease, then add a T of sweet butter on the top and a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce.
Had that and some sliced tomatoes from my little garden plot that my neighbour friend Brenda was once again kind enough to allow me to share this year.
The tomatoes are doing well. Can't say the same for the bell peppers. :/

Embryodad

I made a 1/4 burger in my grill pan the Fannie Farmer way.
Simply pan fried, drained of any excess grease, then add a T of sweet butter on the top and a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce.
Had that and some sliced tomatoes from my little garden plot that my neighbour friend Brenda was once again kind enough to allow me to share this year.
The tomatoes are doing well. Can't say the same for the bell peppers. :/
Tina and I still say, you can't beat a burger fried in a cast iron pan.
We love them like that, and guess what....the grease comes out, and I've never seen grease go back in.
Now I just ate, and your post has me thinking burgers with Fanny tomorrow.
It will be a Tuesday, and Tuesday's are a neutral day in this house. Anything cooked will be eaten, and as long as we don't interfere with "Prince Spaghetti Day".... We're lookin on the up an up!

Johnny West

I'm pan frying a chuck roast with onions and potatoes. There is also a pan of zucchini covered with onions and three cheese. For dessert will be a strawberry float. :thumb:

Embryodad

Had Wendy's Burgers and French fries for supper.
Threw out the ketchup packets...horrible!! They don't use Heinz anymore.

Johnny West

Had Wendy's Burgers and French fries for supper.
Threw out the ketchup packets...horrible!! They don't use Heinz anymore.

What brand they use now? Some of the generic ketchups the cafes here use is horrid. I'd just as soon have ranch and white vinegar with my fries. Using vinegar and mayo never caught on in the states; curry ketchup, either.

Embryodad

What brand they use now? Some of the generic ketchups the cafes here use is horrid. I'd just as soon have ranch and white vinegar with my fries. Using vinegar and mayo never caught on in the states; curry ketchup, either.
Each packet says "Our Blend"....
And it is watery.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Panera Bread it was- I got one of the broth bowls, the chicken soba, with a tomato mozzarella flat bread.
I had a $25 gift card and used it. Now I wish I'd have gotten a couple of the cheese bagels and some other things to bring home for tomorrow. durrrrr!
I think the reason I like the place so much is because their menu has changed in recent years, and it's not what I consider a fast food joint.
It's all fresh and healthy and the customers are of a more sedate crowd, rather than the busy, overweight junk munching freaks that you see at some other places? lol

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
----we got that a few ago. 4-cheese pie, & buffalo fries. he brought me perogies earlier, too. i have yet to see ones he got. nom.

Attachments

• pie&potato2015.jpg
    pie&potato2015.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Embryodad

Yesterday was chicken fried steak. mashed potatoes, and Mexican corn.

I / We have no clue what to have for today...?????

I do have muscles in a great tomato sauce that DD brought over. Maybe that, and a couple sirloins that I have from a gift from that Omaha Beef thing.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
We bbq'd on Sunday and still have leftovers in the fridge!

Other than that, I made Chicken Mole on Tuesday with sweet carrots. And Chicken Korma another night, with brown rice.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
great lookin' food, yinz guys- i made dinner of deli stuff, & testing foods @ a bar via a dear bartender- pix may follow in a few.