What's Cooking? NCT Sun. 7/12 to Sat. 7/18/2015

Embryodad

Yay!.... She's a gonna be a nice big pot of Tomato Sauce, with Meatballs and Italian Sausage.... Spaghetti, and Macaroni's
A salad of greens ; tomatoes and red onions sliced...

I can't wait. :readytoeat:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure yet, but I'll be sure to tell you.
Being on vacation affords me more time to be around and talk about it. lol

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Had teriyaki chicken with pineapple over brown and wild rice last night. It's one of those things that has a definite order of operation for eating...scoop of rice, small piece of pineapple, piece of chicken. Pineapple has to be right next to the chicken :ermm: for the taste to be spot on :).

Enjoy your vacation, Sass!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Had teriyaki chicken with pineapple over brown and wild rice last night. It's one of those things that has a definite order of operation for eating...scoop of rice, small piece of pineapple, piece of chicken. Pineapple has to be right next to the chicken :ermm: for the taste to be spot on :).

Enjoy your vacation, Sass!

LOL that sounds good, Cooksie.

I did enjoy my vacation!

Last night was nothing thrilling.
Grilled ham and cheese with Branston pickle and tater chips. lol

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
Sunday was a family bbq - burgers and red potatoes plus homemade pickled vegetables.

Monday, fresh fish with sautéed greens and green salad. White rice for DH, I had cake.

Tonite is a crockpot Asian chicken recipe, I'll steam broccoli along with it and probably make brown rice.

Wednesday and Thursday will be leftovers I HOPE ....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday, I got one of the brown sugar bacon blt's from Arby's.
It's everything you'd expect it to be.

Embryodad

Tonight was stuffed cabbages Tina made. Had mac and cheese with that.
Dessert was ( my favorite ),..... black pepper cookies with raisins with a sugar glaze flavored with anisette.

Embryodad

Tina cooked Greek Style String Beans.... in lots of onions, and tomato sauce and olive oil.
Yummy and drippy lip good.
Then Burgers flame broiled on the grill using ground london broils that were on sale.

Doesn't end there..... we had baked beans from Bush Beans in the can....and to top it off...Had Leftover mac and cheese fried in a non stick pan in butter till crisped up nice and crunchy. Nothin Fancy....just lip smackin goodness!!!

Saliha

Strawberry-peppermint syrup for ice cream or pancakes or...

jfH8n8x.jpg

I have a soft spot for this. :blush:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I had a Farm Stand sandwich from the little deli downtown.
It's smoked gouda, roasted red peppers, spinach and tomato on ciabatta.
I like the way they wrap their sandwiches to go with brown paper and tie with string.

Embryodad

Today, we decided on pork steaks, braised with lots of onions, and then foil pouch potatoes and onions oiled and buttered, and cooked on the grill.

Only thing is....I got to do the freezer search for them. I know where I originally placed them, but with other hands moving stuff around, who knows where they are?
I guess it's feet way back to prevent something from sliding out and crushing my toes.
Grrrrrrrr!!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
This week has been:
chili
chili dogs
thin spaghetti and tomato sauce
"taco" tostados
grilled London broil and corn on cob (2 in package - got same sale as jimmy! LOL 2 dinners)
"potted" London broil with steamed spinach, mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy
tonight will most likely be Italian hero/subs and olive salad if I get to the deli; if not will figure out later.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I packed my dinner today for work in my Thermos lunch tote.
Cottage cheese, a hard boiled egg, slice tomatoes and cukes with a little italian dressing - and cashews.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
blake got us pigs-in-a-blanket (meat & cabbage ones), & we got pierogi. 2 were enough to feed us.

Attachments

• festival food2015.jpg
    festival food2015.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Embryodad

blake got us pigs-in-a-blanket (meat & cabbage ones), & we got pierogi. 2 were enough to feed us.

Lookie Good!... ummmmm

I see somebody likes black pepper.... yum!

Speakin of black pepper.... Tina dropped a huge container of black peppercorns on the kitchen floor this morning. She said the top was loose. haahaha...
I told her, "You were the last to use them, when you made your pigs feet the other day!"... YES!...For once, I don't get blamed!.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
'enhanced' black-eye peas over rice; side of summer slaw (cole slaw variation....)

enhanced: got a smoked ham hock; simmered it hours and hours to defat and make fall apart; refridged over night, reheated. separated the meat from the gristle. used the (reserved) boiling liquid to flavor the black-eye peas. added chunks of meat for two.....

and I'm sniffing out at least two lunch sandwiches from the left over hock meat.....