1/3/10 Sunday Dinner?

UnConundrum

Gold Site Supporter
That does look great Joe. Cannelloni was always a favorite of mine, but I haven't made it in years.

Josh was away tonight, so I defrosted some scallops for Jan and me. Sauteed a bunch of quartered mushrooms, set them aside, sauteed the scallops quickly, set them aside, deglazed the pan with some white wine, added some tomatoes and a large splash of heavy cream. Reduced a bit, added the mushrooms back in and the liquid that collected around the scallops. Tossed with angel hair pasta, served with the scallops on top. Oh, and we had the onion rolls I posted in the "what did you bake today" thread.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
That sounds good to me too Warren but then I never had a mushroom I didn't like even the psychedelic kind I had as a much younger age. I also love scallops regardless of how they are made either.

homecook

I made stew tonight since it is so cold and snowy out. Good comfort food.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 84
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 93

homecook

I suppose. lol But do you have snow with your cold??
You can have this one........

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 84

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I suppose. lol But do you have snow with your cold??
You can have this one........

We rednecks down here think snow is a TREAT! We hardly ever see it, and when it comes the city shuts down! Right now, no snow here......but I'll take that bowl! Thank you!!!

FuzzyB

Well I made lamb in the oven with carrots, mushrooms, potato's onions and spices with a few tins of tomato's, while it was cooking went to my mum's and had roast beef so by the time I got home to eat my food I only ate a little bit so am going to have it tonight EAT properly hehe!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Just pulled these pics off the camera. We had grilled Spatchcocked Cornish Hen with French Dressing glaze, green beans, and mashed potatoes with gravy. And yeah……we were dining on fine china!! :yum:

1_3_10_step1.jpg

1_3_10_step2.jpg

1_3_10_step3.jpg

homecook

Looks great Keltin! The French dressing glaze...........is it something you came up with or French salad dressing used as a glaze? That sounds really good!

I use alot of different dressings for marinades and glazes.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Barb and Sass!

It’s something I’ve been experimenting with this year, but it is simply dressing out of the bottle. Instead of using a BBQ sauce (like Sweet Baby Ray’s that I love), I decided to try different thick salad dressings as a finisher. French dressing, Catalina, and Russian are all FANTASTIC finishers. Wonderful glaze, great color, and over-the-top flavor. If you’ve never finished a “BBQ” chicken with a salad dressing, then you need to try it. Start out with the thick and deep colored French, Catalina, and Russian. Those are my favs…..but they are also just the tip of the iceberg.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I like to dip fried chicken in Russian or Catalina as I eat it.
My ex used to bbq chicken and use a mix of Catalina and something else, can't remember what though.

Speaking for your taters, I could make a meal out of mashed and chicken gravy alone.
Awesome.

homecook

I've done that too Keltin. I've used the Russian before.

I've got some French and Catalina in the fridge too. I'll have to try those. Thanks!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I've done that too Keltin. I've used the Russian before.

I've got some French and Catalina in the fridge too. I'll have to try those. Thanks!

Naturally, you can do this in the oven, but I've seen pics of you running that grill, so give that a whirl! IMO, it's never too cold to grill!! :yum:

It really does add a little something extra.

homecook

Ummmmm.....when there's a foot of snow on the ground and 40MPH gusting it can be a tad difficult. When I can clear a path on the patio, I'll try it. :lol::lol:

I do grill in the winter....:mrgreen: