05_jul_09_chow_time

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'd like to get this (Vacation) week started by going out for dinner ..........We'll see how it unfolds.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We will probably do some of the left overs from yesterday BBQ. I have a partial rack of ribs and a bit of all the side dishes left. I didn't get as large a group as I expected yesterday which I'm sure glad about really.

chowhound

I think I'll make some beef stew today. I've never made a "slow cooker" beef stew and will give that a try using my electric pressure cooker, which doubles as a slow cooker and also has a browning feature I can use for the meat. That's the plan anyway.

homecook

I'm thinking of making the oven ribs that chow posted and FM made the other day. But that would require going to the store. lol We'll see who's going to be home for dinner first.

Love2"Q"

well we decided to grill some split chicken breasts ..
got a bunch of mac and cheese, tater salad and baked beans from yesterday
to go with it ..
been a nice lazy day ..

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to make curried spinach bisque (will post pix and recipe later if it turns out okay) and saute some kohlrabi, scallions, and garlic. Hey, maybe I'll add some bacon salt after I sample it first. :)

Edit: Mmmmm. Great stuff. The recipe is here.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
went to my Aunt's for supper tonight... she sent home a pizza,rhubard custard pie and lemon merange pie with me because i fixed her computer

pizza is loaded with onions,pepperoni,bacon,green olives,green peppers and hot peppers.
2ep7tqp.jpg

the pies
21l0oz4.jpg

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry I ate it before a picture was took. My friend made us a huge Egg Plant Parmessian! OMG it was good! Tossed Salad.

Lefty

Yank
I ended up with a roast beast italian sandwich.

Roast Beast
Cheese
Pickles
Green Peppers
tomato
black olives
evoo
s&p

buckytom

Grill Master
more grilling. since we grilled seafood sausage and chicken on saturday, i decided to grill the cheese and basil luganiga along with turkey sausage and sweet onions.

just as the sausage was done, i ran up the block for some fresh sesame club rolls and we made sausage and onion sandwhiches with tomato sauce.

my boy added his mashed potatoes to his which was quite good. sorta like an italian hot dog.

GotGarlic

I sauteed chicken, bell peppers, onions, garlic and zucchini, then added a jar of spaghetti sauce and a couple tsps. of Italian seasoning. Served this over rotini with garlic bread on the side.

chowhound

My slow cooker stew came out. I was a little worried cooking it in the slow cooker for the first time because I wouldn't be able to adjust the liquid/gravy if needed. Not without lifting the lid and losing the heat. I must have guessed right when I added my liquid at the beginning (lol). No pic. It was just stew...