Tuseday 3/13/2012 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Both my girls and I feel kind of lousy. It is raining and dreary. Which will hopefully help my allergies. I have no idea what to make for dinner. Last night hub want chinese so we ordered out. I still have bacon and buttermilk.

Any plans?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'll probably have some more chicken tortilla soup that I made the other night. I had Pizza Hut pizza last night. Now I remember why I haven't had PH pizza for so long.

Leni

My son and his wife are coming down from the mountains today. It all depends on whether they stay for dinner. If they do it will be tri-tip on the grill. If not, I'll think of something else. My daughter in law is a hairdresser and she's going to cut my hair for me. That will save me a good $60.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I can relate Peepers....it's been raining off and on here for the past few days which has helped a lot when it comes to cleaning the pollen out of the air. The pollen count today is only 98.....that's still considered high but not nearly as high as the 2000 to sometimes over 5000 count days we have regularly in the spring. I stay inside with the A/C on on those days as much as possible.

DH's car is on the fritz so he's using mine for the next couple of days until he gets a day off and can replace the water pump. I'm out of bread so I have a couple of loaves of honey wheat bread on the first rise.

Tenderloin steak is on the menu tonight. Not sure on the sides yet.

Embryodad

Today is.. Three Girls Bickering in the house day!
They are the Bicker-ers...and I am the Bicker-ee that gets all the wrongs that the Bicker-ers are creating today!

Supper for me will be a bottle of Gin! L O L

Oh its a riot here today...

i.e. ... DW found an ant trailing in the bathroom...so all of a sudden we are infested with ants, and when am I gonna spray?

DD is cleaning...and cought the throw rug in the vacuum beater bar...All of a sudden I became Jimmy Oreck.

GD... is waiting for me to make her two grilled cheese. She was shown how three times by me, and two times by DW...but she all of a sudden forgot what to do!

SOoooo.... Realistically... I will have spaghetti with chili again..
I made egg salad last night...so the wife could have that.
There is no way that cooking can be done today. It's like cooking will interfere with the cleaning fantacy's. Ho... Ho... Ho... Merry Christmas...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
half my blake's buffalo chix hoagie.

Attachments

• IMG_35591241.jpg
    IMG_35591241.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 156

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Thinking of doing something with fresh pasta and veggies, but have no clue how to prepare it. I can see it in my mind, but need to hunt down some kind of recipe. DW doesn't do seafood, so that leaves out the good stuff, :hide: and trying to do a meat-free meal. I may end up making my homemade Italian sausage with it. Anyone have any ideas for me??

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
How about a spinach and cheese stuffed ravioli with a tomato sauce....or maybe a broccoli or spinach alfredo over fresh pasta?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW doesn't do spinach, and asked for MEAT with dinner (it's that Irish meat/potato gene she got from her father:laugh:). So, I went to the market and it will be Penne pasta with Italian sausage and sauteed tri-colored peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots and plum tomatoes in a cornstarch thickened chicken stock. We'll see how it turns out. I'm just not in the mood for tomato sauce today, but fresh diced tomatoes will be fine. I'll season with Italian herbs and top with a blend of fresh grated Asiago, Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Too late to make Italian bread, but I may see how making garlic toast from my honey whole wheat might taste. I'll do up a slice in the toaster oven now to see how it is.

Thanks for the suggestions, Mama. if it was just me I would have done one of them.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:oops:.....I need to slow down when I'm reading the posts....I thought you said you wanted a meat free meal :lol:

Your veggie and sausage idea sounds really good! I can't wait to see the pics!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
:oops:.....I need to slow down when I'm reading the posts....I thought you said you wanted a meat free meal :lol:

Your veggie and sausage idea sounds really good! I can't wait to see the pics!
I DID want a meat-free meal, but "She who must be obeyed" overrode that. It's no problem, especially since it's my homemade Italian sausage.

Embryodad

DW doesn't do spinach, and asked for MEAT with dinner (it's that Irish meat/potato gene she got from her father:laugh:). So, I went to the market and it will be Penne pasta with Italian sausage and sauteed tri-colored peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots and plum tomatoes in a cornstarch thickened chicken stock. We'll see how it turns out. I'm just not in the mood for tomato sauce today, but fresh diced tomatoes will be fine. I'll season with Italian herbs and top with a blend of fresh grated Asiago, Romano and Parmesan cheeses. Too late to make Italian bread, but I may see how making garlic toast from my honey whole wheat might taste. I'll do up a slice in the toaster oven now to see how it is.

Thanks for the suggestions, Mama. if it was just me I would have done one of them.
Joe! DW does that to me when I make Sausage Cacciatore!

She always says,"Is their room for any potatoes For Meeee????

I'm like...Geeze...I don't want the potatoes because they absorb all the flavor, and they thicken the sauce too much!

I too like a what I call a Loose Sauce being able to scoop the tomatoes and veggies (Peppers and Celery usually )

DW could eat Potatoes every day...I guess just as I could eat macaroni's every day. L O L

Embryodad

:readytoeat:

So happy that I get to eat on Normal dishes again.

DD put the snowman square plates away..and we got the old ones back on the line.

Had the leftover chili with sausage chunks over cut zita.

GD made a cake..and I had a cut of that for dessert.

Pardon the cake in the same plate...but It doesn't bother me to eat all from the same dish without cleaning it!
actually DW wasn't here when I ate.....so I was able to do as I wish!

3ec425fc.jpg

5b633d1f.jpg

GotGarlic

I'm roasting some chicken thighs - I brushed soy sauce under and over the skin and made a spice mix to spread it under the skin. I have some leftover rice with vegetables and a vinegar sauce I made the other night. In a little while, I'll put that in the oven to reheat with some bread crumbs and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese sprinkled over the top. I'm making parsnip chips as the other side.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Yeah, Jimmy, some days we can't win for losing. :yum::yum::yum:

Mama pointed out that I put tonight's dinner pic into yesterday's thread (senior moment), so I guess I need to repost here. I hope I don't mess this one up. :yum::yum: I made honey whole wheat garlic toast with budda, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley and a spritz of EVOO to hold the flakes on the bread. OMG, it was sooooooo good, that DW said we now have a healthier alternative to the Italian bread.

Dinner031312-1.jpg

Dinner031312-2.jpg

If a tree falls in the woods, is it still my fault? :yum::yum:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Ummmmm......of course it is you silly man...just ask Mrs. JoeV :yum:

I made beef tenderloin steak, dirty rice, green beans and homemade honey wheat bread but now I'm thinking I should have made it into garlic bread :lol:

Attachments

• dinner03132012.jpg
    dinner03132012.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 147

Embryodad

Yeah, Jimmy, some days we can't win for losing. :yum::yum::yum:

Mama pointed out that I put tonight's dinner pic into yesterday's thread (senior moment), so I guess I need to repost here. I hope I don't mess this one up. :yum::yum: I made honey whole wheat garlic toast with budda, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley and a spritz of EVOO to hold the flakes on the bread. OMG, it was sooooooo good, that DW said we now have a healthier alternative to the Italian bread.

Dinner031312-1.jpg

Dinner031312-2.jpg

Looks good..."Gee...I could swear I seen that somewhere else?Oh Well..

I see you got a square dish (Plate) too! ...

Maybe Square is in?

10-4 on the bread! It's like I found a healthy alternative with this new Oregon Trail Raisin Bread....Too bad I had to eat 6 slices already since last evening!

DW said,"Hon, you like that healthy bread?"

I said,"Yeah, so much that next time buy two loaves!" .... I like to be double healthy!"

She said," Yeah,... "You're double full of it anyway!"

Embryodad

Ummmmm......of course it is you silly man...just ask Mrs. JoeV :yum:

I made beef tenderloin steak, dirty rice, green beans and homemade honey wheat bread but now I'm thinking I should have made it into garlic bread :lol:
Wow!... The steak...fabulous

The Bread and butter...the winner!

AllenOK

JoeV, I know this is late, but have you considered Pesto Sauce with a pasta dish like that? Or maybe a lemon/white wine sauce?

I've got some turkey salisbury steak going in the oven, the makings of mashed potatoes just got started, and green beans waiting to get hot.

Embryodad

Both my girls and I feel kind of lousy. It is raining and dreary. Which will hopefully help my allergies. I have no idea what to make for dinner. Last night hub want chinese so we ordered out. I still have bacon and buttermilk.

Any plans?
Hope you and DD are feeling better peep.

Your post about ordering Chinese is making me think of tomorrows dinner, and a Chinese take-out is sounding really good! L O L

ps: we got Not one drop of rain here!

Last night I made my "Breezy Crockpot Chicken with Noodles", even though it was rather warm out. Had all the ingredients on hand + I had a real taste for it. Plenty of leftovers for a couple of lunches.