TGIFriday 12/30/2011 Whats cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Steak (very thin chuck steaks) not sure what will be served along side yet.

Any plans?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have a flatiron steak. i was thinking of broiling. made a delicious garlicky one that i devoured in one night's time. think i'll make it like that. veggie, starch, uncertain yet. i'll think i'll make a poached egg. got a head cold, so i'm kinda beat.

Embryodad

Went out and met some of Tina's family (cousins ) at a famous diner that was on Diners Drive- ins and Dives.. in Jefferson Twp.

I had a taylor ham / egg / and cheese on a roll.

"T" had a egg omlet with chili on top! ...

DD is over...all pi$$y and moody. It must be catchy because DW is the same way now...

I think DW wants pizza tonight. She made a pizza sauce yesterday with onions and more onions..so I will make her a dough, and she can put the darn thing together...whatever!!! L O L

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
an chili omelette- now that would be good. jimmy, a female's moodiness is as contagious as the flu, hehe.

I have a rotten cough/cold, so hubby is just going to bring home some Chinese takeout. I just want some eggdrop soup & fried rice; hubby will get whatever he has a taste for.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I nicely seasoned 2 thin semi-boneless chuck steaks with EVOO, my AP herbs and spice blends and dry oregano. Stuck them under the broiler till brown, flipped and let them finish while I cooked some scrambled eggs and that was dinner. YUM!

Embryodad

Guess what??

I have a wad of dough rising for Pizza.

Mommy "T" will put it together after I roll it out in the pan later...
I'm looking for the anchiovies for mine.
If I eat any more salt though...my @$$ will be more swollen than it is!
I'll never drown. Fat Floats!

Nancy-MD

Everyone's suppers sound so good! Where's all the pictures? We wanna see!!!

I made meat sauce for spaghetti, yeast rolls and salad.

Attachments

• 12.30.11.jpg
    12.30.11.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 102

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

That is BEAUTIFUL Nan!! I would love a plate of that right now. I haven't taken any pics the last few nights.

Embryodad

I seen dat...an Ize a puttin om me bibb already Girl.... Wow! Drippage from the jowls.

I'm sure Uncle "Al" in the avatar...would appreciate a dish of that spaghetti. hahahahahahahahaha

Embryodad

:sorry:... The Mommy pizza was OK.

She made the sauce with those cherry tomatoes. Nah! she only cut them in half, and they watered on top the center of the crust.

They were a little on the bitter side, but all in all...it was edible.

I made the crust, and it was on the scale of 1 low to 10 high...it came in at a 8. It absorbed a lot of oil that she placed in the sauce.

Oil is good...but not unless the pizza sauce is on the thick side with not as much water.

I've done the same mistake before, and I knew when those pools of oil were on the top of the pie...that it was going to hamper the center crispiness.... Geeze...you would think I had been around the block a few times when it comes to pizza makins.

Here are some pics.... NANCY !!!!! and all. L O L L O L L O L

Ready for the oven to bake......

f518259e.jpg

The center flip back as the pic shows....but still good.

2c3b2787.jpg

Very Satisfying...

d31bb213.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i made my dinner finally. good stuff- broiled flat iron steak with scads of minced garlic & microplaned ginger/some other seasonings. black truffle butter-drenched 'lil potatoes in several types/colors, broccoli w/ a white cheddar cheese sauce, & i made a batch of dipping sauce for the steak. lo-sodium v-8 & then a gingerale to drink.

Attachments

• IMG_2650714.jpg
    IMG_2650714.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 86

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:wow: Everyone meals SOUND and look fantastic!!

I WANT BEEF!! LOL

I will trade homemade salads. dips etc - bean salad, olive salad, potato salad, mac salad, onion dip, blue cheese dip and cold cuts FOR a nice juicy medium rare strip steak!! LOL