Thursday 12/15/2011 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Boneless pork loin chops (not sure if I will brine first).
At the moment I am unsure how I will cook them.
I am leaning toward one of these ways.
First pound thin then:
1) bread and fry
or
2) adding a layer of stuffing then rolling, tying,
seasoned flour dredge, pan sear finish in oven
or
3) season, pan fry and simmer in the gravy.
Stuffing was a request so it will be a side or a
filling. Gravy and a salad (may be some steamed carrots or mixed veggies also) will round out the dinner.
It depends on how the day goes.

What's the plan at your house?

Embryodad

So Far.... No Good!! L O L

There is a Hornet and a scorpion in the kitchen right now.
DD being the scorpion.. is baking MORE cookies. WOW!...How many cookies can one eat?????

Then we have the Hornet...( DW ) .. flying around the scorpion...and pick pick pick pick....at the tail of the scorp.

SOOooooo! I actually am on the "S" list with Scorp!
She made Giada's Recipe for spaghetti pie...and I tried it this morning. Yuck! No Like!!!
It was very chewy and tough. I didn't ask what cheese was used; because there is a aire of a pi$$y mood in the house.

I will probably be eating out of a can tonight. Haaaaaa

Jim54

I have some spare ribs marinated in Jack Daniels #7 overnight then grilled (not to be confused with BBQ but don't get me started on that one :glare: ). I am not sure what I will have on the side. Don't have much else but canned stuff.

Peeps, #2 sounds wonderful!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have some spare ribs marinated in Jack Daniels #7 overnight then grilled (not to be confused with BBQ but don't get me started on that one :glare: ). I am not sure what I will have on the side. Don't have much else but canned stuff.

Peeps, #2 sounds wonderful!
Your dinner sounds yummy. BTW where are you located? USA (east, west, north, south)?

Thank you Jim for the vote. Not sure though because I made stuffed (pocket) chops a week or so ago. I kinda am leaning towards breaded. Well it will be a surprised to me later when the moment of truth comes. LOL They are in salt water in the fridge right now.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Butternut and carrot pureed soup. I had some squash I needed to cook. It is on the stove now. Maybe grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches with it.

Leni

Peeps, try this one. It's really good.

4 boneless pork loin chops, (each 5 to 6 ounces) - pounded 1/8 inch thick
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup, all-purpose flour
2 large eggs – beaten
2 cups, bread crumbs made from day-old bread or panko crumbs
1/2 cup, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup (or more), extra-virgin olive oil (see Cook’s Note, below)
lemon wedges – for serving

To prepare the pork cutlets: Season both sides of the meat generously with salt and pepper. Line up 3 shallow wide bowls on the countertop. Put the flour in the first bowl, the beaten eggs in the second, and stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the rosemary in the third. Have ready a wire rack set over a baking sheet.

Dip each cutlet first in the flour, shaking off any excess, then into the eggs, and finally into the crumb mixture, patting both sides to make sure the cutlets are well coated. Set the coated cutlets on the rack over the baking sheet. When all the cutlets are breaded, refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.

To cook the cutlets: Add enough olive oil to a large skillet to cover the bottom of the skillet by 1/4 inch. Heat the pan over medium-high heat until the oil starts to shimmer or until a few bread crumbs dropped into the oil bubble around the edges. Add 1 pork cutlet (or two if they fit without crowding the pan) and cook until golden brown - about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining cutlets. If you’re cooking one chop at a time, you may want to keep the cutlets warm in a 200- degree oven until all are done. Serve with lemon wedges.

Last edited:

Leni

DH wants grilled cheese sandwiches with a slice of ham in them and lentil soup with broccoli. It ha started to rain here so that sounds like a good idea.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boneless pork loin chops (not sure if I will brine first).
At the moment I am unsure how I will cook them.
I am leaning toward one of these ways.
First pound thin then:
1) bread and fry
or
2) adding a layer of stuffing then rolling, tying,
seasoned flour dredge, pan sear finish in oven
or
3) season, pan fry and simmer in the gravy.
Stuffing was a request so it will be a side or a
filling. Gravy and a salad (may be some steamed carrots or mixed veggies also) will round out the dinner.
It depends on how the day goes.

What's the plan at your house?
And the winner is (was)

Boneless pork loin chops (soaked in salt water for several hours) breaded (dipped in nicely seasoned flour, egg and crumbs) and fried in peanut oil, stuffing, gravy and salad.

121511_breaded_pork_chop_P1090236.jpg

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps, try this one. It's really good.

4 boneless pork loin chops, (each 5 to 6 ounces) - pounded 1/8 inch thick
kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup, all-purpose flour
2 large eggs – beaten
2 cups, bread crumbs made from day-old bread or panko crumbs
1/2 cup, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon, finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 cup (or more), extra-virgin olive oil (see Cook’s Note, below)
lemon wedges – for serving

To prepare the pork cutlets: Season both sides of the meat generously with salt and pepper. Line up 3 shallow wide bowls on the countertop. Put the flour in the first bowl, the beaten eggs in the second, and stir together the bread crumbs, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the rosemary in the third. Have ready a wire rack set over a baking sheet.

Dip each cutlet first in the flour, shaking off any excess, then into the eggs, and finally into the crumb mixture, patting both sides to make sure the cutlets are well coated. Set the coated cutlets on the rack over the baking sheet. When all the cutlets are breaded, refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 6 hours.

To cook the cutlets: Add enough olive oil to a large skillet to cover the bottom of the skillet by 1/4 inch. Heat the pan over medium-high heat until the oil starts to shimmer or until a few bread crumbs dropped into the oil bubble around the edges. Add 1 pork cutlet (or two if they fit without crowding the pan) and cook until golden brown - about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining cutlets. If you’re cooking one chop at a time, you may want to keep the cutlets warm in a 200- degree oven until all are done. Serve with lemon wedges.
Thank you leni. This is basically the way I learned from my mom and aunt's to make breaded anything. Only they never fried in olive oil. They always used vegetable oil but I use canola or peanut oil. BUT they put the cheese in the egg and were left with a lot of cheese at the end because it didn't stick to whatever. I always put the cheese in the crumbs like the above directions.

Great recipe.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Nice looking dinner Peepers! We just had Chick-fil-a....it's about the only fast food place that I like.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
my Mom & i went to get last-minute gifts for the last 11 people (& a cat) i'd not yet shopped for/decided to get extra stuff for. we were famished halfway thru & got food at tarjay. we each got dogs, split some fries & cheese & a pretzel w/ cheese. the salt in that food! man. the lamb lollipops that were on my agenda have gotten pushed aside for tonite. i have a million gifts to wrap & my belly is full~

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
DH wants grilled cheese sandwiches with a slice of ham in them and lentil soup with broccoli. It ha started to rain here so that sounds like a good idea.

Yes, we had thunderstorm here too, soup and grilled cheese was good. Added some brie to grilled cheese.

I just planted my winter garden so rain is good!

Embryodad

my Mom & i went to get last-minute gifts for the last 11 people (& a cat) i'd not yet shopped for/decided to get extra stuff for. we were famished halfway thru & got food at tarjay. we each got dogs, split some fries & cheese & a pretzel w/ cheese. the salt in that food! man. the lamb lollipops that were on my agenda have gotten pushed aside for tonite. i have a million gifts to wrap & my belly is full~
Aubrey...lots of s a l t in dogs. But that's what makes em taste good!

Sounds like you will be busy wrapping tonight.

PS: Our kitty's get gifts too. Their Mommy ( Maria ) buys them. They each have a stocking hanging for treats and toys. It's so cute!

BTW... ????? There is something they say that you should eat after eating hot dogs??? I can't remember??
It could be orange juice?? It was something??

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they're okay- i usually have them once a year at best. twice this year, lol! i have juice in the fridge. i'll drink some.

u must see the pic of babbit in her gift. she was soooo ticked at me she went & knocked her dish over, i'm literally lol'ing here!:yum:
they both have stockings, too.
her pix rather than my usual dinner pic tonite-

Attachments

• IMG_2028531.jpg
    IMG_2028531.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2023530.jpg
    IMG_2023530.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 88

Embryodad

they're okay- i usually have them once a year at best. twice this year, lol! i have juice in the fridge. i'll drink some.

u must see the pic of babbit in her gift. she was soooo ticked at me she went & knocked her dish over, i'm literally lol'ing here!:yum:
they both have stockings, too.
her pix rather than my usual dinner pic tonite-
Adorable.
I'll bet they didn't like that on their backs.

Embryodad

Mommy "T" made a pizza from a kit she bought in Old Forge PA.
Suposedly claimed to be the "Pizza Capital of the World" ..???

626dbe59.jpg

Then...she became the Savior for Habitat for Humanity Gingerbread Houses!

She rejuevenated the house that DD gave up on. She filled and patched with pieces of cookies, and then DD finally gooped it up, and decorated it a bit.
She was glad that Mommy came to the rescue!

581b19ee.jpg

f37eaaee.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I wrenched my shoulder again. It hurts so bad it feels like I have broken glass in for a shoulder joint.

Embryodad

Everything looks beautiful Jimmy. T and DD did a good job.

I wrenched my shoulder again. It hurts so bad it feels like I have broken glass in for a shoulder joint.

Thanks peep...I will tell them.

Uhhhhh! So why don't you ease off to get that shoulder healed a bit.
You can't give it one day, and then push yourself. It will never heal.
Drink lots of water if you can to lubricate the joint.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks peep...I will tell them.

Uhhhhh! So why don't you ease off to get that shoulder healed a bit.
You can't give it one day, and then push yourself. It will never heal.
Drink lots of water if you can to lubricate the joint.
My family bit%^* every time ask for help with anything!! I am so fed up with it. I can't get any rest time.

Embryodad

My family bit%^* every time ask for help with anything!! I am so fed up with it. I can't get any rest time.
OMG.... Our hearts ache for you!

We will pray for you, and for them to please help out.

Gram used to say.... When you lay down to rest...never feel bad.
The horse lays down when he is tired. When he rest, he plows the field. But he have to rest first.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OMG.... Our hearts ache for you!

We will pray for you, and for them to please help out.

Gram used to say.... When you lay down to rest...never feel bad.
The horse lays down when he is tired. When he rest, he plows the field. But he have to rest first.
Thank you Jimmy. I am so tired but I can't get my arm in any postion that doesn't hurt. I must have taken 20 advil today with no relief.:sad:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
grilled cheese sammie, grilled pepperoni cheese sammie. bowl of tomato soup = simply yummy goodness.

wrndpw.jpg

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. I am so tired but I can't get my arm in any postion that doesn't hurt. I must have taken 20 advil today with no relief.:sad:
Peep...did you try a hot pad? Heat sometimes speeds up circulation.
that is too much Advil peep. No? ....

I take Aleve. I am noyt allergic to it like some people are. I only take one at a time.
I am living on them for a few days because of this damn Migrane headache.
I hade so much to do today...but I just was so sick to my stomach from the pain.

<Maria was here all day making / baking cookies...and the heat in the kitchen was too much, and even in the rest of the house. P I T A didn't want the exhaust hood on over the stove because she was cold.????/ I told her to get some meat on her bones. That's why she's so cold.

Embryodad

grilled cheese sammie, grilled pepperoni cheese sammie. bowl of tomato soup = simply yummy goodness.

wrndpw.jpg
Darn.... That sound / looks great BamsBBQ...

I've had grilled ham & Cheese before...but never pepperoni & Cheese. That sounds like a make it soon sandwich on the list.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep...did you try a hot pad? Heat sometimes speeds up circulation.
that is too much Advil peep. No? ....

I take Aleve. I am noyt allergic to it like some people are. I only take one at a time.
I am living on them for a few days because of this damn Migrane headache.
I hade so much to do today...but I just was so sick to my stomach from the pain.

<Maria was here all day making / baking cookies...and the heat in the kitchen was too much, and even in the rest of the house. P I T A didn't want the exhaust hood on over the stove because she was cold.????/ I told her to get some meat on her bones. That's why she's so cold.
No hot pad. My girl is the same damn way.

Last night we REALLY enjoyed watching one of our favorite movies - "This is Spinal Tap" - on the big screen at the free Library of Congress theatre. What a treat!

Then enjoyed some fish sandwiches at "Glory Days Grill". While I'm not a huge fan of chain restaurants, have to admit that Glory Days does a mean fried fish - both in sandwiches & part of a "fish & chips" platter. Nice-size pieces of cod crisply & greaselessly fried, great tartar sauce, seasoned fries, & house-made cole slaw. Yum!