Grilled Chicken with Lime Dressing

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This recipe from Cook's Country recipe is excellent - not only the flavors of the dish are great, but the detailed grilling directions were wonderful!

I love Cook's Country magazine, and find that I make more recipes from each issue than I do from any other source.

Here is the link to the full article. .

https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/7418-grilled-chicken-leg-quarters-with-lime-dressing

I used thighs, since they were on sale, and substituted jalapeno powder for cayenne, and I used fresh marjoram instead of oregano. I used a gas grill, but the article tells you how to use a charcoal grill for this as well.

Served with Grilled Caesar Salad, from the same issue of Cook's Country - a WONDERFUL recipe!

https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes/7425-grilled-caesar-salad?ref=Recipe_browse_15

Lee

Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters with Lime Dressing

Serves 4

Ingredients

• 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons grated lime zest plus 2 tablespoons juice
  • 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon jalapeno powder
  • 4 (10-ounce) chicken thighs
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram (or oregano)

Instructions

1. 1. Combine garlic, salt, sugar, lime zest, 2 teaspoons oil, cumin, pepper, and cayenne in bowl and mix to form paste. Reserve 2 teaspoons garlic paste for dressing.

2. 2. Position chicken skin side up on cutting board and pat dry with paper towels. Leaving drumsticks and thighs attached, make 4 parallel diagonal slashes in chicken: 1 across drumsticks, 1 across leg joints; and 2 across thighs (each slash should reach bone). Flip chicken over and make 1 more diagonal slash across back of drumsticks. Rub remaining garlic paste all over chicken and into slashes. Refrigerate chicken for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.

3B. FOR A GAS GRILL: Turn all burners to high, cover, and heat grill until hot, about 15 minutes. Turn primary burner to medium and turn other burner(s) to low. (Adjust primary burner as needed to maintain grill temperature of 400 to 425 degrees.)

4. Clean and oil cooking grate. Place chicken on cooler side of grill, skin side up. Cover and cook until underside of chicken is lightly browned, 9 to 12 minutes. Flip chicken, cover, and cook until leg joint registers 165 degrees, 7 to 10 minutes.

5. Transfer chicken to hotter side of grill, skin side down, and cook (covered if using gas) until skin is well browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip chicken and continue to cook until leg joint registers 175 degrees, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer to platter, tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.

6. Meanwhile, whisk remaining ¼ cup oil, lime juice, cilantro, oregano, and reserved garlic paste together in bowl. Spoon half of dressing over chicken and serve, passing remaining dressing separately

Attachments

• Latin grilled chicken thighs.JPG
    Latin grilled chicken thighs.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 104
  • Grilled baguette.JPG
    Grilled baguette.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Grilled Ceasar salad.JPG
    Grilled Ceasar salad.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Grilled chicken thighs and Romaine, plated.JPG
    Grilled chicken thighs and Romaine, plated.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 105

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You're welcome, Ross.

You know, I thought of you when I was making this dinner. Looks like stuff you either have made and posted about, or very similar to yours.

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
seriously?

there's more good looking stuff posted here than anyone can prepare.

and all of it I've got filed away in my haid to try as opportunity arises.....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
You're welcome, Ross.

You know, I thought of you when I was making this dinner. Looks like stuff you either have made and posted about, or very similar to yours.

Lee
Yep, it sure does look like the delicious meals Ross and Jackie prepare together.
Delicious, Lee.