Thursday 2/9/2012 What's the meal deal?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well tacos are on the menu for today. I am sorry I haven't been posting any pictures lately but when I get home I am to hungry to take pictures. LOL Plus my DD plates. 'Nuff said LOL

So what is your meal deal?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Well tacos are on the menu for today. I am sorry I haven't been posting any pictures lately but when I get home I am to hungry to take pictures. LOL Plus my DD plates. 'Nuff said LOL

So what is your meal deal?

LOL - Your new job is causing serious problems with my need for a daily food pron fix! :mrgreen: Glad your new job is working out though.

Leftovers for dinner :encore:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL - Your new job is causing serious problems with my need for a daily food pron fix! :mrgreen: Glad your new job is working out though.

Leftovers for dinner :encore:
LOL Thank you Cooksie BUT ALL your pictures (recently posted French Onion Soup) make me drool!!

I took a test last night and may get a promotion of sorts tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yesterday's meal, i think. still waiting on going shopping. i get so pissy when someone says they 'could probably' take me. yes, i'm a royal pain when shopping, tho i have learned some time-reducing strategies. if they can't take me, say , 'i can't take u'.

Embryodad

yesterday's meal, i think. still waiting on going shopping. i get so pissy when someone says they 'could probably' take me. yes, i'm a royal pain when shopping, tho i have learned some time-reducing strategies. if they can't take me, say , 'i can't take u'.
Ohhh! luvs...hahaha You would be a perfect shpper in my book.

I am one that someone would "NOT" want to shop with...and that's starting with DW...
When I shop...I don't look just for the bargains; but I look / and turn / and test / and pull / and tug / and stretch / and you name it...to see what is better or durable.
i.e. ...I check the packaged veggies such as potatoes looking for eye growth..or bruising. I check the celery for how many on the stalk are green, and no spotted ones.

Shoes...LOL...I tug at the threads and sewing to be sure they don't start coming apart in normal use.

I guess I am what one would call a careful investigative shopper.
DW on the other hand knows the price savings, but does not inspect whatever she is buying.

hahaha...when I buy eggs..I open the carton (box) and shake (jiggle) each egg to be sure there are no hidden cracked ones that are stuck to the container box.

I...CHECK EVERYTHING Closely! L O L ....

DW hates to take me shopping with her. It's more peaceful that way! Haaaaaa

Embryodad

Philly cheese steaks wit.... onions and peppers.

I'm gonna fry everything in Bacon grease.

I want a drippy sammich.

I have some Yukon Golds so I will make some fries. DW loves fries!

I.....CAN'T .....Wait! ..:smile:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yep, that's 'bout summarizes it, lol. & when i am shoe/clothes/etc shopping, stay clear! whoa. see you in 5 hours. i've spent 4 hrs. @ the market district, trying to decide the food i would like, & am picky 'bout fresh produce & meat/seafood. i'm an egg-checker, too, haha. i shake bags to test for frost on frozen veggies, check for fifo, nitpick, nitpick....... look for the best cuts, on & on. b.s. w/ my fave employees.......

yay on the yukons! i suggest double-frying.

Embryodad

yep, that's 'bout summarizes it, lol. & when i am shoe/clothes/etc shopping, stay clear! whoa. see you in 5 hours. i've spent 4 hrs. @ the market district, trying to decide the food i would like, & am picky 'bout fresh produce & meat/seafood. i'm an egg-checker, too, haha. i shake bags to test for frost on frozen veggies, check for fifo, nitpick, nitpick....... look for the best cuts, on & on. b.s. w/ my fave employees.......

yay on the yukons! i suggest double-frying.
yep!...i'm gonna dubble fry..

pepps and onions are cooking slow...beef is thowring out...

I'm gonna peel and cut the Yukon fries, and take them swimming.

Leni

I'm going to grill fillet mignon wrapped in bacon along with shrimp. I've got some garlic bread and frozen green beans as sides. Dessert will be raspberry cake with fresh raspberries.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yummy, leni! special occassion~ sounds lovely!
that lamb stew sounds warming & delicious 'bout now trish.

so i'm making the steak. i also got spinach & broccoli. we'll see on the veggie. no starch, as i made a salad @ the salad bar & put beenz & at in it.

Leni

Actually not a special occasion. DH bought the shrimp and I bought the steaks.. Surf and Turf sounded good for tonight. I'll have to post the recipe for the cake. It is so good and so easy. When I make the raspberry cake I use 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 almond flour.

Ingredients

• 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon of flour (plus more for prepping cake pan)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained (if using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain first)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • Powdered sugar for dusting
Method

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with flour. Or use a 9-inch round cake pan, butter and dust with flour and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2 Combine 1 cup of flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
3 Using a mixer, beat the butter on medium high speed for 2 minutes. Then add the sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, a couple minutes more. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture, beating until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
4 Combine the berries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the lemon juice in a bowl. Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
5 Bake on middle rack in oven for 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully slide a thin knife around the edges of the cake to release it from the pan. Transfer the cake to a platter, berry side up. Dust the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Serves 6.

Last edited:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Snapper rollups, green beans, and a salad. The snapper was excellent and I took a couple of pictures so I'll post in the fish forum tomorrow. :)

Embryodad

I hang my head in shame! ( Not really)...Butt

I was all ready to make Philly cheese steaks wit onions and peppers. All prepped except for the steak frying..OK?

I made a French Vanilla cake...DW Iced it when she got home from Dr...ok?...

She stopped at the Italian bakery (we have not a one good one here)...and brought home bread.

Gettin close to the answer what we did???...Here it comes, and it gets worse! :ohmy:

She also stopped at the Swiss Chalet Bakery (Famous and $$ )...but the best, and she bought a coffee pecan ring. OMG So delicious & Buttery. :biggrin:

Well... We both Hogged on Bread and butter... French Vanilla Cake...and the coffee pecan ring.:mrgreen:

Ate so much...we both sat on the easy chair / couch, and fell asleep (nappy nappy ) for a hour or two.

Tomorrow we will have the Philly Cheese steaks and French Fries.

Found out tonight...that Man CAN live on bread alone! :laugh:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Actually not a special occasion. DH bought the shrimp and I bought the steaks.. Surf and Turf sounded good for tonight. I'll have to post the recipe for the cake. It is so good and so easy. When I make the raspberry cake I use 1/2 all purpose flour and 1/2 almond flour.

Ingredients

• 1 cup all purpose flour plus 1 teaspoon of flour (plus more for prepping cake pan)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained (if using frozen blueberries, thaw and drain first)
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • Powdered sugar for dusting
Method

1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and dust with flour. Or use a 9-inch round cake pan, butter and dust with flour and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2 Combine 1 cup of flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
3 Using a mixer, beat the butter on medium high speed for 2 minutes. Then add the sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy, a couple minutes more. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until well blended. Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly add the flour mixture, beating until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
4 Combine the berries with the remaining teaspoon of flour and the lemon juice in a bowl. Spoon the berry mixture over the batter.
5 Bake on middle rack in oven for 1 hour at 350°F, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Carefully slide a thin knife around the edges of the cake to release it from the pan. Transfer the cake to a platter, berry side up. Dust the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
Serves 6.

TY! i'm actually gonna bake. this is too good to pass. you rock, leni.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
& my pal jimmy, i, too, cooked not the food i intended to; instead went to the bar, saw too many friends & the hours passed on by. salad for tonite. from the salad bar. i only hafta extend some dressing and that's it.

K

Kimchee

We had Thai Curry (from a jar).
Seasoned some chicken with a Thai curry mix, then browned it.
Caramelized some onions, sauteed some zucchini, baby peppers
and mushrooms, then let it all simmer.
It was pretty good!

This is my way of discovering my wife's preferences for curries...
try assorted types in jars. What she likes, I can attempt to
make myself!
So far, I have determined that the "curry" flavor must be
pretty mild, but thank goodness she likes some heat in it!

Embryodad

& my pal jimmy, i, too, cooked not the food i intended to; instead went to the bar, saw too many friends & the hours passed on by. salad for tonite. from the salad bar. i only hafta extend some dressing and that's it.
The thing is... I could have probably made mine, and some fries..but knowing the wife... she wouldn't want it when I made mine...but like a couple hours later..she would throw me a guilt trip; saying.."Boy ...yer lucky..U had a nice steak sammich and I didn't have nothing to eat good!"

No no no...When I am done and all cleaned up..I will be in no mood to do another cooking.
Steak sammies and especially French Fries have to be eaten hot and fresh.

I hate cold or reheated French fries!..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yeah, we women can be....... women. that's us.

nuthin's better than fresh, tho, w/ fries.

GotGarlic

I seasoned some chicken thighs with seasoned salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper and dried thyme, then roasted them for an hour in my saute pan. I also made braised green beans with the same seasonings, and cooked some store-bought spaetzle. When the chicken was done, I made gravy with the pan drippings. It was really good; I had leftovers for lunch today.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I seasoned some chicken thighs with seasoned salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper and dried thyme, then roasted them for an hour in my saute pan. I also made braised green beans with the same seasonings, and cooked some store-bought spaetzle. When the chicken was done, I made gravy with the pan drippings. It was really good; I had leftovers for lunch today.
That sounds yummy GG.