Whats cooking Saturday July 18, 2009?

buckytom

Grill Master
.......I'm certain our friend Kei will just LOVE that one, BT.............

NOT !!

lt, i thought about putting in an apology in advance, but i thought i'd wait until someone got offended. it actually is a very old joke about the area, and i've heard it spoken by asian friends of mine.

is it really worse to make fun of any bad accent? which one's are bad? southern? ny'er? philly?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
oh yummy!! i just had a DQ girl scout peanut butter pattie tag-a-long cookie blizzard!!

my breathe smells like squirrel poop!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
lt, i thought about putting in an apology in advance, but i thought i'd wait until someone got offended. it actually is a very old joke about the area, and i've heard it spoken by asian friends of mine.

is it really worse to make fun of any bad accent? which one's are bad? southern? ny'er? philly?
You always crack me up. You're like the Archie Bunker of the New Millennium!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Watch out, BT. Peep's ready to send you to your watery grave!
i feel bad!! i lost it and just mildly jumped down someone throat on the other site. i just get so tired of all the dooms day food crap!! jesus common sense people salt preserves and kills germs or else there would be no people left before refrigeration was invented!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I was just teasing you, Peep. You've been your usual charming self here.
oh sheep dip!! i didn't realize i had quoted you in my last post!! LOL i was going to add some wise crack comment reply and got pissed and forgot to unquote. sorry moms!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just went and read what you are talking about peeps. Don't mind her...she pisses everybody off.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just went and read what you are talking about peeps. Don't mind her...she pisses everybody off.
thanks mama was i to bitchy to her? all her freaking doom and gloom!! if all her crap were true we'd all be dead!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
oh sheep dip!! i didn't realize i had quoted you in my last post!! LOL i was going to add some wise crack comment reply and got pissed and forgot to unquote. sorry moms!!
LOL!!! I wasn't offended! I just thought maybe I had put my foot in my mouth (again!) It's a common affliction amongst wise asses!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
LOL!!! I wasn't offended! I just thought maybe I had put my foot in my mouth (again!) It's a common affliction amongst wise asses!
i have found some salt and malt vinegar helps!! just keep the nails clipped or you scratch your thoat!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't think you were too "bitchy". You responded pretty much the way anyone would have.

GotGarlic

Umm, so is anybody cooking tonight? Good thing I'm not looking for inspiration today :wink:

A co-worker of DH's retired last month, and their boss is having a BBQ at her home today as a retirement party. Yes, this is in addition to taking us all out to a fine restaurant, coincidentally on DH's and my 25th anniversary! So I'm making a peasant salad to contribute - chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers a vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, EVOO, S&P, and fresh oregano from the garden.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Umm, so is anybody cooking tonight? Good thing I'm not looking for inspiration today :wink:

A co-worker of DH's retired last month, and their boss is having a BBQ at her home today as a retirement party. Yes, this is in addition to taking us all out to a fine restaurant, coincidentally on DH's and my 25th anniversary! So I'm making a peasant salad to contribute - chopped cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers a vinaigrette of red wine vinegar, EVOO, S&P, and fresh oregano from the garden.
hey there GIRLIE!! how ya doing today? haven't you read the thread WE ARE cooking!! just not food LOL :yum:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Today is your anniversary, GG? That's wonderful! 25 years is a huge accomplishment and a testament to your devotion to each other! I hope your day is wonderful. And I love your salad - it's my favorite, but I didn't know what to call it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
my menu - shell steaks either grilled, broiled or on the stovetop CI grill pan. frozen spinach (maybe i'll cream it using bacon fat for the roux) and taters (not sure if they will be mashed, baked, pan fried in bacon fat with onions or other).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

congrats!! yummy salad!!