What's on the menu NCT Sunday 9/9/12 - Saturday 9/15/12?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
:thankyou:

Yeah! I noticed that once before from a pic you posted with the little one at her party.

Tinababy picked that one out for me.

There was another one she picked out last year, and she didn't notice it had three big lake Bass Fish in the pattern.
I wore it to saturday Mass once, and she happened to make out the pattern because she had her glasses on to read the prayerbook.

She said,"Why did you wear that shirt to church?" Did you know there were fish on it?' .... I said,"Yeah; so what's the big deal?"
She said, You don't wear a fish shirt to church!"

I felt like saying,"Yeah; so you shouldn't wear your clown dress either!" ..... I shut up though, cause we were going to the bakery after church, and I wasn't gonna spoil that wonderful experience. LOL
BUT BUT the Catholic symbol is a fish right? Jesus was a fisher of men right? LOL :yum:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Had tacos for dinner last night and leftover tacos for tonight.

I am feeling a bit down in the dumps today. My mom would have been 75 today. She passed 7 days after her 68th bithday.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I never heard of that peep. I ggooggood it and yer right. there is a few restaurants called happy family chinese. none here!
I think it is also a dish - Lobster, pork, chicken, beef, shrimp, scallop, sauteed broccoli w. vegetables in brown sauce.

Embryodad

Tina bought me a piece of Codfish today!

She is not a fish eater as a priority unless its a Mrs. Pauls Fish Stick.
She had a sliced egg on toast with mayo and some sweet pickles on the side! :good:

I sweated some onion, and red pepper diced small, then added some diced small fresh tomato. When that cooked into a sauce, I dropped in the fish, and steamed it in the pan covered. Seasoned only with basil and salt and white pepper.

90a094e3.jpg

It was great. I ate it with just 2 slices of Italian bread...with NO Butter!
I was amazed that it was tasty. A little rice would be nice, but I opted to use bread instead.. Wow! A Rhyme. "Bread..Instead". & "Rice would be Nice!"

GRAPES! For dessert.
4977500d.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Love the shirt Jimmy and Joe :lol:

I love cod Jimmy, I'm gonna have to try it that way, it looks delicious!

We had pork chops, au gratin potatoes, stuffing, broccoli and biscuits.

Attachments

• dinner09112012.jpg
    dinner09112012.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 202

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH MAMA!

Embryodad

Oooooo! Stuffing! Yum! All L00ks great Mama!

This cool down period calls for stuffing!

I could just eat stuffing alone. Stuffing sandwiches too!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers and Jimmy!

I like thanksgiving sandwiches with turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce but can't say as I've ever tried just stuffing on a sandwich.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Lt... ?? What is a "Happy Family" /????

E-Daddy;
It's Take-out, like the peepster said;
consists of shrimp, lobster, chicken, pork and beef and mixed veggies in a hunan-style sauce..... we like it with pork fried rice............

She also brought szechuan won-tons.:blob_blue:

Embryodad

E-Daddy;
It's Take-out, like the peepster said;
consists of shrimp, lobster, chicken, pork and beef and mixed veggies in a hunan-style sauce..... we like it with pork fried rice............

She also brought szechuan won-tons.:blob_blue:
Thanks Lt..

That meal would certainly keep me happy!

Embryodad

Just a pork roll and egg and cheese on a soft buttered bagel.

Tina had some of her country soup from the other day.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wednesday 9/12/12
Homemade - wonton soup, egg rolls (first run and family gave them 2 thumbs up!!) and fried rice

091212_wonton_soup_P1090563.jpg

091212_egg_roll_fried_rice_P1090564.jpg

Last edited:

Embryodad

Wednesday 9/12/12
Homemade - wonton soup, egg rolls (first run and family gave them 2 thumbs up!!) and fried rice

Looks so good peep! Nice crispy looking egg rolls.

It surely is nice to have a family that will eat food prepared and cooked like that. All those flavors.

God forbid there was a green onion on the rice.

My kids sit there and fork and through all what they call yuckies, like the onions and even the pork or shrimp.
They pick out every little vegetable too. P I T A they are!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks so good peep! Nice crispy looking egg rolls.

It surely is nice to have a family that will eat food prepared and cooked like that. All those flavors.

God forbid there was a green onion on the rice.

My kids sit there and fork and through all what they call yuckies, like the onions and even the pork or shrimp.
They pick out every little vegetable too. P I T A they are!

Thank you Jimmy

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made some shrimp in lobster sauce last night that made me dance in my chair. The taste was spot-on for my taste buds. I did over-stir the sauce when I added the eggwhites (I know better :bonk:), so it wasn't exactly the look that I was going for. I'm going to make it again next week and get it juuusst right.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cooksie! ummmm~

ls, my fam used to make similar, tho into a soup. grn. beenz, corn, bacon (ham steak other nites), & cabbage, w/ potato. i luved my Pap's, as he'd pressure cook his. one of those omit/add recipes. not much seasoning. ham base rather than salt, pepper.

i'm not sayin' my dinner. it'll be in the apron thread soon.:popcorn:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made some shrimp in lobster sauce last night that made me dance in my chair. The taste was spot-on for my taste buds. I did over-stir the sauce when I added the eggwhites (I know better :bonk:), so it wasn't exactly the look that I was going for. I'm going to make it again next week and get it juuusst right.
Did you make it with lobster or ground pork?

I want to make string beans with lobster sauce but the recipe I have calls for ground pork (I won't eat lobster) and ferment black beans. I need to wait till I can go to an asian market to get the beans. When I was preggie I would get a pint of lobster sauce and eat it over white or fried rice. BTW the only food that would always stay down for my entire preg (both times) was chinese and pizza.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tonight will be egg rolls and fried wontons (with dipping sauces).

The next chinese dishes I want to try my hand at is lo mein, egg foo young and BBQ spare ribs.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The soup is one of the new kettle style from the red and white can people, only it's in earthy brown packaging for marketing appeal for shelf suckers like myself. ;) LOL

Sandwich, I was thinking a seedy bagel with cream cheese and bacon strips.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Tonight. I just put some dough in the fridge for pizza on the grill tomorrow night.