What's on the Menu 8-5 to 8-12-12?

Embryodad

Let's see! Not much cooking for Wednesday...

Had a Taylor ham egg and cheese on a toasted bagel (Again) for breakfast!

Lunch DW had potatoes again. Her supper was Corn with butter and black pepper.

For supper... ( and believe me, I feel empty ), I had a 1/2 a box of wheat thins with Brei cheese. then some salami on white sliced bread.
For dessert..we had Nasty doughnuts that were frozen and then thawed after 5 weeks old.
N G ... I try and tell DW that you can only freeze doughnuts for 2 weeks at max. After that they lose all the moisture, and dry out. It's definetely dunkin those in the coffee or tea, or the animals could satisfy their sweet tooth's on them.

Embryodad

Thin cut Porkchops... potato wedges done slow and low on the grill.

Box frozen mac & cheese for Tinababy.

Texas toast (the frozen buttered and garlic and spiced kind) popped in the toaster oven. Then cut in wedges so it doesn't appear hoggish eating it!

I don't know really what that proves, but at least we feel good about cramming down three slices of garlic toast in 12 littler pieces. LOL

Embryodad

OK... here is what I ate so far from the Grill.

I slow and low cooked Porkchops and Potatoes rubbed with "Mad Hunky" General Purpose Rub. I pounded the livin heck with the rub into the Chops.

Had to add oil because the chops were so lean!

Nice and spicy. Heat (spice) was on a scale of 10 being the hottest...it was at a 3 to 4.

That was about the size of it for todays supper. Bread was the vegetable.
eek.gif
LOL

70a817e4.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Bread is a vegetable?:ohmy: Oh, you live in NJ, that's why.:yum:

Pan fried pork chop, steamed & buttered broccoli and fried taters.

Dinner080912.jpg

Embryodad

Bread is a vegetable?:ohmy: Oh, you live in NJ, that's why.:yum:

Pan fried pork chop, steamed & buttered broccoli and fried taters.

Dinner080912.jpg
YummEEE! Great looking.

yeah! Bread is wheat, and wheat when it is growing is like a grass. Grass reminds me of vegetable...and so when it's transformed into Bread...I still think of it as Grass. "It's the Grass that makes me Fat In The @$$!"

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Tina said I did a good job making supper today.

"Porkburgers" dredged in flour and ready for the frying pan.

c9dfce8a.jpg

Cooking like Good Little Oinkers!

ae5fddf2.jpg

Bubbling potato slices.....

f4080720.jpg

d8933176.jpg

Love these Rolls... So nice and soft, and with a sweet taste!

5015aa14.jpg

d6535e7f.jpg

Jimmy Sopping Up the Tomato and Oil Juices!

172226b7.jpg

And the great sweet corn...loaded with butter and Old Bay Seasoning!
Tina had to wipe my face drippage after I started in on that cob! I just let it drip as it drips. Tina FROWNS on that!!!

33dedc78.jpg

Wowser Jimmy! Your supper looks great. I especially love the looks of them bright red tomatoes. Yummy!

Embryodad

Wowser Jimmy! Your supper looks great. I especially love the looks of them bright red tomatoes. Yummy!

Thanks Lifesaver....

To tell you the truth. The tomatoes were really great L00king. They were thick fleshed., but they did not have a tomato taste.

It's hard to explain, but Tina (who has a sensitive taste and could identify a lot of spices and oils) said, they tasted like bacon flavor! The flesh was very hard and crunchy between the teeth; with a fibrous texture.
More like biting into celery. , or a Hot House Brand.
I'm not complaining, but they just didn't have a tomatoee taste!

They were fresh and grown locally right up the street at a large commercial farm business. Maybe it was the Jersey Tomato Variety. Will have to try the Big Boy Variety next time. Maybe the beefsteak??

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Are y'all boycotting the forum today or is everyone taking a break from cooking? I gave DW the option of breakfast in or out, and she chose to make me slave over the stove again and feed her at home...sadistic wench.:laugh::laugh:

Anyway, enough of my whining (nobody cares anyway, especially the wimminz:D), I made us 3-cheese omelets, bacon and honey whole wheat toast.

Dinner081012.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL dinners everyone!!!!

What did you think she was gonna say Joe? Where else are you gonna go and get that kind of food and service? :lol:

No boycott here tonight.

Nothing fancy, just some Hot dogs, white cheddar baked mac and cheese and some cut up veggies while watching the Braves game. I was gonna grill the dogs but the rain decided to move in so I baked them along side the mac and cheese.

Attachments

• hotdogs.jpg
    hotdogs.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 448
  • mac-n-cheese.jpg
    mac-n-cheese.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 237
  • veggies.jpg
    veggies.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 225

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Are y'all boycotting the forum today or is everyone taking a break from cooking? I gave DW the option of breakfast in or out, and she chose to make me slave over the stove again and feed her at home...sadistic wench.:laugh::laugh:

Anyway, enough of my whining (nobody cares anyway, especially the wimminz:D), I made us 3-cheese omelets, bacon and honey whole wheat toast.

Dinner081012.jpg

Yummy... :)

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

What did you think she was gonna say Joe? Where else are you gonna go and get that kind of food and service? :lol:

No boycott here tonight.

Nothing fancy, just some Hot dogs, white cheddar baked mac and cheese and some cut up veggies while watching the Braves game. I was gonna grill the dogs but the rain decided to move in so I baked them along side the mac and cheese.

attachment.php

Beautiful color to the toasted buns and dogs Mama! Just the way I've always liked them. :bbq:

Embryodad

Dinner081012.jpg
Joe... I appreciate your slaving over the stove to satisfy the lovely lady that lives there too!

I am doing a (non-appreciated) cooking as I write, of a pizza in the oven for the Woman that lives in This House!

Just a snap of her fingers, and I rush right to work!

I guess I'm a Dough Dummy today!

Embryodad

No boycott here tonight.

Wow! Looks like we got a "Food Flood" ...

Save our seats...... were on the way over!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you LS and Jimmy!

LS, I love spaghetti with chunks of veggies in it. Delicious!!!!!

We've got plenty of leftovers :lol:

Embryodad

Fiday...Was P I Z Z A Night.....Yay!
smile.gif

Ready for the Cookin Oven.....

.......... Some pepperoni... some peppers, and some onions..

0f0c9e1f.jpg

Out and ready to be attacked and bitten.....
eek.gif

e2b347d5.jpg

Mommy "T" likes the bottom crust crispy. I don't! Guess who won?

Flipside.......

b3bbd561.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Ya know, Jimmy, that's some bodacious looking pepperoni. It looks so dark and rich, not like the pasty off-pink crappola we get here in Cleveland. You obviously got some real dago sausage makers there in Jersey. I may have to import some of that from you and try it out. I'll bet you got better capicola than we do too. God, I love capicola sandwiches with fresh provolone on fresh Italian bread...still a little warm. Listen to me carrying on. I gotta go find something to eat.

Embryodad

Ya know, Jimmy, that's some bodacious looking pepperoni. It looks so dark and rich, not like the pasty off-pink crappola we get here in Cleveland. You obviously got some real dago sausage makers there in Jersey. I may have to import some of that from you and try it out. I'll bet you got better capicola than we do too. God, I love capicola sandwiches with fresh provolone on fresh Italian bread...still a little warm. Listen to me carrying on. I gotta go find something to eat.
Joe...believe it or not.... It's Hormel pepperoni! It has to be the Rosa Brand. They are well dried and no plastic casings! Haaaaaaa

Here they are! .... Tina knows only to buy this one. There are different Hormel, and this is the one we grew up on!

http://www.tamatrading.com/product.php?productid=523&cat=17&page=3

We like it the best...but it has to be the dried, and not the fresh.

We even like the Hormel Brand Hard Salami.

Now you got me wishing for a hot capacola sandwich, and Yes..with provalone. Hot peppers on the side, and glass of Dago red. Ummmmmmm!!!!

Last edited:

Embryodad

Looks good. Just like the grandpop would make. No wonder he was always in the cellar! ....

I don't have the capacola yet...but I put it on DW's shopping list when she feels like going to the store. It's got to be the hot pepper one for me!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
croccantini, salt/peppered 4% cottage cheese. special k chips. 1 1/2 graham crackers. not a dinner-dinner.good, tho!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll try my best Jimmy :)
Yup, simple recipe for the chili.
Makes 6 servings which means leftovers!