What's cooking NCT July 29 - August 4, 2012?

Embryodad

Never did make spinach s'getti. Gotta recipe??

Here's the fixins for the pizzas. Just waiting for the yunguns to get their butts here. It's after 7 and they don't return text messages. Grrrr...

PizzaFixins.jpg
No recipe's for green sgettie's...

Maybe the kids stopped to pick up a few pies. ( pizza )
Wouldn't that p*ss off the king??

Like my kids.. "We're too tired to make pizza so we picked some up!" Grrrr!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
OK, they showed up at almost 7:30, but I was just pulling the first pie out as they came in. They started eating and I just kept making the other pies. I had DS taking pics as they came off the pizza stone.

Pepperoni & Cheese...

PepperoniPizza080312.jpg

Grilled chicken, pineapple, mixed peppers, broccoli & cheese with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for a base...

Chickenpineapplepepperspizza080312.jpg

Onion, mixed peppers, broccoli & cheese...

Onionpeppersbroccolicheesepizza080312.jpg

Embryodad

OK, they showed up at almost 7:30, but I was just pulling the first pie out as they came in. They started eating and I just kept making the other pies. I had DS taking pics as they came off the pizza stone.

Pepperoni & Cheese...

PepperoniPizza080312.jpg

Grilled chicken, pineapple, mixed peppers, broccoli & cheese with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce for a base...

1 = YUM
2 = YUM
3 = YUM

All Three = Yum Yum Yum!!!
geepers, I could Count!

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Pepperoni & Cheese...

PepperoniPizza080312.jpg

Joe, Joe, Joe! I am not much for pizza anymore but those are exceptional! Yummy!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have no clue what I am cooking tonight for my birthday dinner. I may make some brownies or a chocolate cake.

Embryodad

Just put together foil pouch potatoes.
Plan on the steaks I mainaded from last night. On the grill naturally!

DW is sleeping on the EZ chair since 1030 am . She must have hit the codine cough syrup. ??..

Waiting for a severe storm ? to hit as per the weather channel local forecast!

Probably right when I put the steaks on the grill! Haaaaaaa

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
trying to get motivated to figure something out for dinner, just not feeling like dealing with it tonight though. . . we'll see. maybe Korean.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Oh, Mama. That looks yummy. If I wasn't full from our dinner, I would ask for a bowl for dessert.:wub:

Anyway, we had a widow friend over for dinner, so I made my 4-cheese & spinach whole wheat raviolis, a small loaf of bread from pizza dough, and DW made her killer salad. The girls had cookies for dessert, and I'm holding out for Moose Tracks later on. Urp!

Dinner080412.jpg

PizzaDoughBread080412.jpg

Leni

Moose Tracks? What are those? Maybe what I know as angel wings or elephant ears.

I put a flank steak into my small crock pot this morning along with a packet of Frenches Onion Soup mix. The pot is too small to add potatoes and carrots so I'll have to do them in a seperate pot. DH just picked a colander of Sun Gold cherry tomatoes so that will be one side. The green veggie will probably be broccoli.

Embryodad

Oh, Mama. That looks yummy. If I wasn't full from our dinner, I would ask for a bowl for dessert.:wub:

Anyway, we had a widow friend over for dinner, so I made my 4-cheese & spinach whole wheat raviolis, a small loaf of bread from pizza dough, and DW made her killer salad. The girls had cookies for dessert, and I'm holding out for Moose Tracks later on. Urp!

Dinner080412.jpg

PizzaDoughBread080412.jpg
Yumm is the answer to that Joe

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH MAMA, JIMMY and JOE!! WOW that all looks and sounds wonderful!!

It feels like a sauna outside. DD#1 decided she wanted chinese takeout so she treated tonight.

Embryodad

Started the day with frying up some Taylor Ham slices.

1fd31608.jpg

Made myself (DW didn't want one ) a Taylor Ham cheese and egg on a toasted Thomas' Bagel that was buttered.

ce8917e1.jpg

Supper.... I made the easy foil pouch potatoes and onions.

ad5b6228.jpg

DW had about one Tbs. size of steak. She is not a steak fan.
The bread is those Texas Toast / Rolls with cheese topping. (if you can find the cheese).

4be8474f.jpg

Dessert will be some junk and cookies we bought at the A C M E market yesterday.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
That Kielbasa dish looks awesome Joe!

Man....I haven't had pancakes in a long time. I think they are going to have to go on my short list.

Hope you get to feeling better Peepers.

Here's our dinner:

attachment.php

Mama, how do you make your brown gravy?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

1fd31608.jpg

Made myself (DW didn't want one ) a Taylor Ham cheese and egg on a toasted Thomas' Bagel that was buttered.

ce8917e1.jpg

ad5b6228.jpg

The bread is those Texas Toast / Rolls with cheese topping. (if you can find the cheese).

4be8474f.jpg

Dessert will be some junk and cookies we bought at the A C M E market yesterday.

Your suppet looks great Jimmy! Just put an eye on each of those bologna slices and they can be little pac mans eating your supper for you! lol I'm being silly tonight. :)

Embryodad

Your suppet looks great Jimmy! Just put an eye on each of those bologna slices and they can be little pac mans eating your supper for you! lol I'm being silly tonight. :)
Thanks Ls.. I thought the same thing as they were frying.
Only thing, is I played PacMan on them. Chomp Chomp Chomp!!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
same thought here on the ham! i meant to bake a stouffer's macaroni & cheese & cook a few broccoli florets. i have a stomach bug, though. when ill, i tend to snooze fitfully. snoozed from 2:30 last nite 'til like near-12 tonite, minus maybe an hour to clean & get on the 'puter fer a few minutes. looks like i won't be 'havin my dinner now!
i'll snack if my stomach'll let me.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers, Joe, Jimmy and LS!

I really need to try my hand at homemade pasta...you always make it look so good Joe!

Mama, how do you make your brown gravy?

I browned the chuck roast (seasoned with salt and pepper), put it in some foil, topped with about 4 cloves of smashed garlic, a sweet onion and about 3 tablespoons of butter. I sealed it up and baked it in a 325° F oven until tender. I opened one end of the foil and poured all of the drippings into a gravy separator. I poured about 4 Tablespoons of the grease into frying pan and added enough flour to soak it up the grease. I cooked the flour until it was a deep brown and then slowly whisked in the broth from the cooked beef. I let it simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes. If it's too thick, you can add some canned beef broth to thin it out.

Embryodad

Mom is probably turning over in her grave!

Sunday.....Hot Dogs for supper???

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Sorry about the bite, but I bit before I thought of the picture taking. Was in a Pickle relish mood tonight!

They were good, and I just made it on the grill and The sky's opened up and lightening was flashing over my head! :umbrella:

Ughhhh! Maybe Mom Mad at me?? :yum:

fea6e016.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers, Joe, Jimmy and LS!

I really need to try my hand at homemade pasta...you always make it look so good Joe!

I browned the chuck roast (seasoned with salt and pepper), put it in some foil, topped with about 4 cloves of smashed garlic, a sweet onion and about 3 tablespoons of butter. I sealed it up and baked it in a 325° F oven until tender. I opened one end of the foil and poured all of the drippings into a gravy separator. I poured about 4 Tablespoons of the grease into frying pan and added enough flour to soak it up the grease. I cooked the flour until it was a deep brown and then slowly whisked in the broth from the cooked beef. I let it simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes. If it's too thick, you can add some canned beef broth to thin it out.

Thanks! It looks great.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

1fd31608.jpg

ce8917e1.jpg

ad5b6228.jpg

4be8474f.jpg

YUM!!

HEY Jimmy .... The factory that made the Shop-Rite brand Pork Roll burned down! :sad: I like the tangy shop-rite brand pork roll BETTER than Taylor brand. I sure hope they rebuild soon.

Embryodad

YUM!!

HEY Jimmy .... The factory that made the Shop-Rite brand Pork Roll burned down! :sad: I like the tangy shop-rite brand pork roll BETTER than Taylor brand. I sure hope they rebuild soon.
I don't remember if I ever had that SR Brand...I asked Tina, and she just said she doesn't think so.

There is another brand out there called Pork Roll...and we did have that.
When T worked for A&P I remember her bringing home packages of reduced priced pork roll, but I cannot remember the brand. Usually when she would pull the going OODate soon...she would repackage it in bulk reduced. Same with bacon that only had a 3 more day limit.

Rules have changed now. Now it's trash it all. She would come home some nights and actually cry. She said,"To think how some starving people could benefit bying reduced product, but she had strict orders to trash it into the dumpster. Hot dogs / bacon / pepperoni / salami all packaged.....wooosh..in the carts and all trashed.

They don't do it anymore because somewhere along the line, someone complained they got sick, and they sued.....

It was cheaper to claim it as a loss. GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

The Mansfield S-Rite does have managers specials on certain days. All S-Rite stores are different. The 5 stores within our area are owned by Romano Family that started in the Netcong store on 46 there.

Sorry to hear about the meat factory burning down.
I made T and Me a grilled Taylor Ham and cheese last night. hahahahaha... SOooo Goood! She said I didn't fry hers crispy enough. I peeled out the ham, and stuck it in my sandwich. Y U M !