What's cooking NCT July 29 - August 4, 2012?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I am jones-ing for Olive garden soup everytime anyone posts something with kale. I have the knock off recipe BUT I want to go there for the salad and soup. :eat1: WHY cook when someone else can dirty and heat up their kitchen? :whistle: LOL :corny:

I do love that soup, but I like kale cooked just like you would cook mustard greens or collard greens too. So good and so good for you! I would have never tried kale if people on here hadn't been talking about it.

Sass - lol at MissLongAndLow :lol:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I know what you mean Peepers. I LOVE Olive Garden. Have you tried their signature dressing? They sell it at Sam's Club.

Salisbury steak, gravy, baked potatoes and something green.
I never shop at Walmart or Sam's Club.

Everyones meals sound wonderful.

BEAUTIFUL burgers Joe.

Sassy can you send me some soup please. I have a summer cold and my allergies make it take forever to get over!!

How do you cook your greens cooksie? The OG recipe doesn't cook the kale. I like my greens almost raw when I cook them. I only cook broccoli rabe about 4 minutes just till they wilt.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
How do you cook your greens cooksie? The OG recipe doesn't cook the kale. I like my greens almost raw when I cook them. I only cook broccoli rabe about 4 minutes just till they wilt.

This time I sauteed chopped onion in olive oil, added two ham hocks, then added chicken broth to just cover the ham hocks, and cooked that for a while. Added 16 ozs chopped kale, a pinch of sugar, and apple cider vinegar and simmered until they were done to my liking. I don't time them (depends on the greens....younger, older).

I'd like to see your OG recipe for the soup. I'm always looking for new ways to make it mo'betta :).

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Lunch today was Ramen Noodles and Eggs thanks to Sass, Lee and Squirrel! YUM! Dinner will be Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. I've got some potato bread on the first rise that will not only be wonderful for dinner tonight but for the hot roast beef sandwiches tomorrow!

Attachments

• ramen-noodles-and-eggs.jpg
    ramen-noodles-and-eggs.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 486

Embryodad

Lunch today was Ramen Noodles and Eggs thanks to Sass, Lee and Squirrel! YUM! Dinner will be Roast Beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and peas. I've got some potato bread on the first rise that will not only be wonderful for dinner tonight but for the hot roast beef sandwiches tomorrow!
DAT L00Ks Great Mama!

Such a Great photograph too! Or is it a Digigraph now?? with digital images??

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
This time I sauteed chopped onion in olive oil, added two ham hocks, then added chicken broth to just cover the ham hocks, and cooked that for a while. Added 16 ozs chopped kale, a pinch of sugar, and apple cider vinegar and simmered until they were done to my liking. I don't time them (depends on the greens....younger, older).

I'd like to see your OG recipe for the soup. I'm always looking for new ways to make it mo'betta :).
Bam posted it awhile back >>> http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1191&highlight=zuppa

Mama - That is another OH MAMA dish!! Beautiful!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
7/29/12

I pan friedn cubed taters, onion, quartered mushroom caps and 1/2 inch hot dog rounds. Served with ketchup on the side. No one wanted eggs.

Tonoght I think it will be corn and bacon waffles.

Embryodad

I have no clue what to make.

I was outside putting plates (Tags) on GD's car. Must be some new pollen floating around...and I got the beginning of a Migrane headache ! My one eye is heavy...LOL at least that is the way it feels.

I will lay low for a few hours, and maybe DW will just P/U some takeout.
I could go for Chinese Pork Fried Rice. I could make it myself, but just feel like there is a sponge in my head on one side! LOL ..

You've heard of "Spongebob"..?... well there is a new one.."Spongehead!" haaaaa

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all! It was good! Sass posted the recipe a while back....Lee posted a delicious looking pic of it...Squirrel bumped it up....and I was hungry....so there you have it :lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I twisted wrong and pinched my sciatic nerve. Now I have a PITA!! Hurts to walk, sit, stand ANYTHING! GRRRRRRRR I ordered take out.

Embryodad

I twisted wrong and pinched my sciatic nerve. Now I have a PITA!! Hurts to walk, sit, stand ANYTHING! GRRRRRRRR I ordered take out.

OH! NO!.... Hurt / Pain City!!!!

Poor Thing!

Darn it....I sometimes just start to move that certain way, and have to Un-Move if I can, and sit / stand crooked to relieve the nerve pull. 99% it will reverse, but with my luck, 1% will be the outcome with NO WAY to relieve it for sometimes Day's.

Don't rub it! that'll make it worse. Take a warm shower, and use the heating pad to increase the bloodflow!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Polska Kielbasa, onions, peppers, potatoes and broccoli.

Attachments

• Dinner 073012.jpg
    Dinner 073012.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 611

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Been there, done that. I bought an incline table and am able to relieve the pain through inversion. Not sure if that's an option for you, but it works for me. Yes, sciatica manifests itself via pain from L-5 all teh way to the bottom the foot. It truly sucks.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy and Joe.

Beautiful Joe, that looks soooooooo good.

Embryodad

Just a Quick decision...and a half satisfied appetite.

I made just something to Hold Us Over...so later we will have pizza using Pita Breads from the store. Made some Jones' Sausage patties that were in the freezer.

A little butter, and syrup...and they were consumed in less that one minute.

78f20391.jpg

I used the leftover raised waffle batter.They make awesome pancakes. Tina said.."Great" and she is fussy when it comes to pancakes and waffles.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That Kielbasa dish looks awesome Joe!

Man....I haven't had pancakes in a long time. I think they are going to have to go on my short list.

Hope you get to feeling better Peepers.

Here's our dinner:

Attachments

• dinner07302012.jpg
    dinner07302012.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 407

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Man....I haven't had pancakes in a long time. I think they are going to have to go on my short list.

Here's our dinner:
OH MAMA!!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Comfort food from our Mama. Those peas are really inviting, and the bread looks prefect...as usual!:wink:

Embryodad

Here's our dinner:
Holy Yumpin Yiminies! I'm glad Tina is in the bedroom, and can't see that lusious meal Mama! She's been after me to make some beef.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all! I think that bread is going to work very nicely for hot roast beef sandwiches tomorrow night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Mama, Joe, Jimmy, and Mama again LOL
Good, good looking meals.

I had a turkey burger from the leftover patty.

Dinner was a simple salad of baby spinach,tomato, boiled egg slices and Italian dressing heated on the stove with a little bacon grease added.

It worked and tasted pretty okay.