Keltin's Random Cooking

Deelady

Oh I wish I had that spiral cutter! How cool! My daughter would also flip for those!

Your dinners are looking delish Keltin!! Got me in the mood for corn and BBQ chicken tomorrow!!

Wow....to have a neighbor like that! Must be nice!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh I wish I had that spiral cutter! How cool! My daughter would also flip for those!

Your dinners are looking delish Keltin!! Got me in the mood for corn and BBQ chicken tomorrow!!

Wow....to have a neighbor like that! Must be nice!!

Thanks Dee! The spiral cutter is cool. Interesting thing is, when you cut a fresh potato like this, it fries cripsy with no need to do the double fry or other tricks. Works right off the block. Love that.

It has two other blades I've not used yet, a flat cut and a "noodle" cut. I'm going to try and make potato noodles with it soon. Just have to imagine and come up with a recipe first! Maybe a standard gnocchi recipe? :biggrin:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
My friend at my day job is from China. She (Xiaoling) went back last month for a 2 week vacation to visit family and return to her homeland.

She told me she was going and I asked her to bring me a souvenir from China. Something you could only get over there that is unique. She asked, “like what”. I was stumped and mumbled uh, a shot glass? She didn’t know what that was. We talked on and off for the next week before she left for her vacation, and finally, with the day upon me, I just said, “bring me back some authentic chopsticks, the real deal from China”. She said ok.

Honestly, I was expecting a small brown paper package with a pair of bamboo chopsticks in them like we can get here at some restaurants.

What she brought back truly floored me! I was amazed. :w00t:

She brought back a typical family place setting of chopsticks. It’s like when you and I go to BB&B, Macy’s, or Kohl’s to get a place setting of forks, spoons, and butter knives. The dining set.

This set is a typical family setting with 5 pair of chop sticks and five place holders. The place holders look a LOT like Hello Kitty (very popular over there). The holders are for setting your chop sticks on when you are not holding them. That is, it is a place to rest the sticks on the table without them lying ON the table. They also serve as a place setting holder so that when you set the table you can set them out in position for each person.

I was speechless.

Also, she brought back some treats from China. She describes them as “like American candy bars”. Sweet treats, but unique to China. I’ve NO IDEA what they are, but they taste incredible! I’ll have to go back and ask Xiaoling to name these treats for me later.

Attachments

• step1.jpg
    step1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 138
  • step2.jpg
    step2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 140
  • step3.jpg
    step3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 138
  • step4.jpg
    step4.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 143

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, when you step out into your yard, to you ever hear, "If you built it, they will come"?

(where's BT when you need him?)

Anyway, that corn and those fries looked amazing (no pun intended - geez, I'm on a roll here!)

Beautiful gifts from China, too!

Great posts!!

Lee

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, when you step out into your yard, to you ever hear, "If you built it, they will come"?

(where's BT when you need him?)

Anyway, that corn and those fries looked amazing (no pun intended - geez, I'm on a roll here!)

Beautiful gifts from China, too!

Great posts!!

Lee

Actually.....I keep hearing whispers about "he who walks behind the rows". Probably just the wind and my imagination though. :yum: