What’s your favorite…

Onionking

I work with Triscuit and we are heading a “Home Farming Movement” by including plantable seed cards in specially marked boxes of Triscuit to help encourage people to grow their own herbs and vegetables at home. On our site, www.triscuit.com/homefarming, you will find interactive tools that give you step-by-step tips on how to start your own home farm. Growing your own crops will help your kitchen stay well stocked. Do you have a favorite herb or vegetable?
biggrin-1.png

Onionking

Sass Muffin, here is a tasty Mustard Glazed Carrots recipe from our site. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think!

Mustard Glazed Carrots

IMG_2.5.1.4_mustardglazedcarrots.jpg

Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min
Makes: 4 servings
What you need

• 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen baby carrots
  • 2 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
Make it

• COOK carrots as directed on package.

• MEANWHILE, mix remaining ingredients until well blended.

• DRAIN carrots; place in medium bowl. Add mustard mixture; toss to coat.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Great Substitute
Substitute 1 tsp. dill weed or parsley flakes for the fresh dill.
Link: http://www.kraftbrands.com/homefarming/growing/storing/recipes/Pages/mustard-glazed-carrots.aspx
Does anyone else have a favorite herb or vegetable?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Sass Muffin, here is a tasty Mustard Glazed Carrots recipe from our site. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think!

Mustard Glazed Carrots

IMG_2.5.1.4_mustardglazedcarrots.jpg

Prep time: 15 min
Total time: 15 min
Makes: 4 servings
What you need

• 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen baby carrots
  • 2 Tbsp. GREY POUPON Savory Honey Mustard
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill or parsley
  • 1 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
Make it

• COOK carrots as directed on package.

• MEANWHILE, mix remaining ingredients until well blended.

• DRAIN carrots; place in medium bowl. Add mustard mixture; toss to coat.
Kraft Kitchens Tips
Great Substitute
Substitute 1 tsp. dill weed or parsley flakes for the fresh dill.
Link: http://www.kraftbrands.com/homefarming/growing/storing/recipes/Pages/mustard-glazed-carrots.aspx
Does anyone else have a favorite herb or vegetable?
:applause:
Never met a carrot recipe I didn't like!
Thank you!

Onionking

Thank you very much Sass Muffin, I’m glad you liked the recipe. And Lefty, since you like Tomatoes and Basil you should try this delicious recipe from our site.

Tomato Basil Salad
IMG_2.5.1.1_tomatobasilsalad.jpg

Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 10 min
Makes: 8 servings
What you need
  • 4 large tomatoes, sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
  • 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/2 cup KRAFT Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Make it
  • ARRANGE tomatoes, onions and basil on serving platter; sprinkle with cheese.
DRIZZLE with dressing.
SERVE immediately.

Link: http://www.kraftbrands.com/homefarming/growing/storing/recipes/Pages/tomato-basil-salad.aspx

Do any of you actually grow your favorite crops?

buckytom

Grill Master
Fav herb.. summer or winter savoury.
Veg.. carrots or brussels sprouts.

sass, you're the first person in a long time that i've heard of that loves savory as much as me.

my sister made a dish for christmas 2 years ago, savory string beans, which was outstanding. it was very simply steamed haricot verts, drizzled with evoo nad sprinkled with a generous amout of savory. the three simple ingredients were amazingly complimentary.

after that, i was aboe to finally recognize the secret herb that a favored pizza place uses in their sauce. i knew it wasn't justoregano, basil, and parsley. it was savory!!!

Onionking

In addition to inspiring the planting of Home Farms we’ve also teamed up with the non-profit group “Urban Farming” to create 50 new community-based home farms throughout the United States. You can find out which communities we’ll be groundbreaking in and how and how you can volunteer in your local community by visiting our site. Has anyone considered growing their own home farm?