BBQ CHICKEN CORDON BLEU IN FOIL

Ol-blue

I could not find the photo for this recipe. When I find it I will post the picture.

This recipe is really good and is easy to fix and clean up is so easy.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

4 CHICKEN BREASTS; Skinless.
1/4 cup(s) MAYONNAISE; Or Salad Dressing.
1 tablespoon(s) DIJON MUSTARD; To Taste.
4 slice(s) HAM; Cooked,.
4 slice(s) SWISS CHEESE
_____

Place 1 chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
Gently pound the chicken with flat side of meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick; Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard.
Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil.
Place 1 chicken breast on each sheet of foil; spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each breast half.
Top each chicken breast with 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese.
Wrap each packet using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
When ready to grill place packets seam side up on gas grill over medium heat.
Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, turning packets over several times during cooking.
_____

GrillinFool

I could not find the photo for this recipe. When I find it I will post the picture.

This recipe is really good and is easy to fix and clean up is so easy.
Enjoy! Debbie
_____

4 CHICKEN BREASTS; Skinless.
1/4 cup(s) MAYONNAISE; Or Salad Dressing.
1 tablespoon(s) DIJON MUSTARD; To Taste.
4 slice(s) HAM; Cooked,.
4 slice(s) SWISS CHEESE
_____

Place 1 chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
Gently pound the chicken with flat side of meat mallet until about 1/4 inch thick; Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard.
Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil.
Place 1 chicken breast on each sheet of foil; spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each breast half.
Top each chicken breast with 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese.
Wrap each packet using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion.
When ready to grill place packets seam side up on gas grill over medium heat.
Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, turning packets over several times during cooking.
_____

If wrapped in foil how do you tell if the juices run clear or if it's fork tender? And if wrapped in foil, how does it get the flavor of the grill? Wouldn't it just be easier to do in the oven? Just wondering here....

Ol-blue

To tell if the chicken is done all you have to do is open the pouch and check and refold it if its not done yet. After a few times fixing this you will know pretty much how long to cook it.

It won't pick up the flavor of the grill, it was not meant to. This was a way for me to have a simple dinner out camping or during the summer to keep from heating my house up by using the oven.

chowhound

GF, I make one of Debbie's foil recipes now and them (on the grill btw) and I simply stick a digital thermometer in it, the way I would if I could see the chicken. You can tell when it gets through the stuffing and into the meat.

Ol-blue

Chowhound, Good idea!

suziquize, You just made my day. Thanks for the kind words.

sattie, Hope you enjoy! Debbie