Pressure Cooker recipes

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have dabbled before with pressure cookers but never used it much.
I received an early Christmas gift of an Instantpot which is a multicooker and want to try pressure cooking more.

So please post any tips, tricks or techniques for pressure cooking all your goodies.

(Please place links to your recipes here so it will be easy to find them in the future)

I am really interested in soups and bean recipes that usually take hours to cook traditionally.

Thanks in advance

Johnny West

One of these days I'll get the Instantpot book out and try something. I've got some large beef shanks in the freeze to experiment with.

Shermie

Site Supporter
One of these days I'll get the Instantpot book out and try something. I've got some large beef shanks in the freeze to experiment with.

Those wonderful beef shanks can make some dynomite veggie beef beef soup!! I've done it many times before. :piesmiley1::eating2:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have made each of these multiple times - corned beef (with cabbage and potatoes), pot roast, beef stew, shredded/Pulled Pork, apple sauce, shredded chicken breast (for homemade chicken ala king), chicken legs and thighs with BBQ sauce, chicken stock and yogurt.

All turned out fantastic!!

I only had one fail which was a pot in pot (bowl sitting on trivet over water) brown rice. It wasn't tender.

GO FOR IT Andy. You can also cook food from frozen very quickly after you get home from a show. Get the Duo 6 or 8 quart 7-1 cooker with the yogurt button. You can proof your dough in the IP on the yogurt function. And no kneed dough will be ready to go in 4-5 hours instead of 8-20 hours.

I put yogurt on last night and it is straining and chilling in fridge and a corned beef is ready for dinner waiting on keep warm (I will be taking it out and cooking the veggies soon).

I do corned beef dinner in 1 1/2 - 2 hours start to finish.
Pot roast and stew in about the same time.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
So far today I made lemon curd. To use with my homemade yogurt. Also hoping I can use this for lemon meringue pie filling. It would be great not to stand and stir.

I brewed tea for iced tea. It took 4 minutes and it is black as coffee and so rich in tea flavor with no bitterness. Even when I would boil the water and allow to steep for hours it never tasted this rich in tea flavor. I will never boil and steep again.

I am planning to make individual quiches for dinner.

And then put yogurt on overnight. Yogurt and lemon curd tomorrow while snow come down.

I LOVE my Instant Pot!