Outback Steakhouse Honey Wheat Bread

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Babe pointed me here for this copy-cat recipe:
http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/394/OutbackSteakhouseHoneyWheat64760.shtml
I made it last night and it was just fabulous! It's a gorgeous brown color, dense and chewy and slightly sweet. I followed the recipe exactly except I subbed espresso powder for the instant coffee and I didn't add the caramel coloring, as per babe's suggestion. I made some whipped honey butter to serve with it and it was all gone by this afternoon (and I made a double batch - 16 small loaves)!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Made it today and it turned out GREAT:

P2220568-1.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Cool, I love how this recipe is being passed around and made by different folks. Woo hoo!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Wow, Mama, yours came out beautifully! Isn't it yummy? My boys have asked me to bake this several times since and it's always gone by morning.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
DD wants it for her wedding so I'll be seeing how well it freezes next. I'll just have to make it when no one is around so I can get it in the freezer before they eat it all! :lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
DD wants it for her wedding so I'll be seeing how well it freezes next. I'll just have to make it when no one is around so I can get it in the freezer before they eat it all! :lol:
Ooooh, a wedding!!! I need details, Mama. I love weddings. Have you picked out your dress? Has your daughter? Any bridesmaids?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The wedding is June 20th. She already ordered her dress and so have the bridesmaids. I haven't picked out my dress yet.

It's going to be a pretty big wedding and seems to be getting bigger everyday...:unsure:.

To keep costs down and quality up, she has asked me to make the food.

I don't want to get too far off topic with this thread so here is a thread I started earlier about it:

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2201