Made my First Green Smoothie!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made my first green smoothie this morning!!

But it has a taste that I'm going to have to acquire in time. Seems a bit too tangy!

I'll have to tweak it a little, as time goes on though, to get it to taste a little better. :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 163

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Beautiful! My favorite color!

What's in it, Sherm?

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thanks QSis.

Water, kale, grapes, pineapple, a little honey and some ice.

I left the stems on the kale, but next time, I'm talking them off I think it'll be smoother if I do.

I may do it again for supper, but I won't make that much! I think that I put too much kale in it. Three big leaves of it!!! :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yeah, I just cooked up a bag of Tuscan kale and thought it was a tad on the bitter side. I added a sprinkle of sugar and some malt vinegar and liked it.

You'll get the right combo eventually, Shermie!

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's a somewhat lighter looking smoother and creamy looking one!

I made it again, but this time, using the same ingredients, I cut back on the kale, used 1/2 of an avocado and gave it a creamier texture.

Looks almost like split pea soup, hey?!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 158

Shermie

Site Supporter
Yeah, I just cooked up a bag of Tuscan kale and thought it was a tad on the bitter side. I added a sprinkle of sugar and some malt vinegar and liked it.

You'll get the right combo eventually, Shermie!

Lee

Thanks.

I also added more honey to it than I did with the one this morning, to cut more of the bitterness in the kale. You're right, it IS bitter! Got a big bunch of it. Be a while before it is all used up.

Tomorrow, I'll try my hand at making a frozen strawberry smoothie with lowfat yogurt, but I need some 1% milk first. The supermarket I went to is selling it too close to the expiration date!! :sad:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Me, also!

I DO have some spinach, which I may try in the morning. I think that it has far less bitterness & bite than the kale.

I'll throw a carrot in it also. :biggrin:

Shermie

Site Supporter
QSis;

Here's what I now think is an even lighter, creamier & smoother one, having left out the kale altogether!

I've replaced it, using spinach in place of the kale, mainly because it has way too much acidity and is just too unbearably bitter!

I'll stick with spinach from now on. Has a much smoother milder more friendly taste, unlike the extreme harshness of kale!! I think now, that I've perfected it to my taste and flavor!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 139