What's Cooking NCT Sun 9/14 to Sat 9/20/2014

Embryodad

Tina mommy made Blue Tube Crust Pizza for supper.
She made an Onion sauce with caramelized Onions and tomatoes.
Added cheese....and they were good in a pinch pizza.

The sauce was sweet actually, and just from the onions.

:D

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Was watching this episode of Diners, Drive ins & Dives, and this veggie filled spaghetti squash looked good. Since I had this one in the garden, I made it with a salad for meatless Monday. The filling was onion, celery, carrots, green & red peppers, Hungarian sweet peppers, broccoli & cauliflower, all saute'd in a little olive oil and butter mixed with the forked out squash & marinara before being stuffed back into the squash shell after scraping it out. I also made the quick marinara shown in the video to go with it, but I like my marinara better (I make mine with puree so it's not watery like this one was even after reducing it for 30 minutes). Sunday we were busy all day, so we just whipped up BLT's on homemade Italian bread & kettle chips for dinner.

We were only able to finish half of the squash, so we'll have it again tonight with some mild Italian sausage and bread.

Dinner091514.jpg

Dinner091514-1.jpg

Dinner091414.jpg

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Was watching this episode of Diners, Drive ins & Dives, and this veggie filled spaghetti squash looked good. Since I had this one in the garden, I made it with a salad for meatless Monday. The filling was onion, celery, carrots, green & red peppers, Hungarian sweet peppers, broccoli & cauliflower, all saute'd in a little olive oil and butter mixed with the forked out squash & marinara before being stuffed back into the squash shell after scraping it out. I also made the quick marinara shown in the video to go with it, but I like my marinara better (I make mine with puree so it's not watery like this one was even after reducing it for 30 minutes). Sunday we were busy all day, so we just whipped up BLT's on homemade Italian bread & kettle chips for dinner.

We were only able to finish half of the squash, so we'll have it again tonight with some mild Italian sausage and bread.

Dinner091514.jpg

Dinner091514-1.jpg

Dinner091414.jpg

Smart idea, JoeV!!

Using the squash skin for the bowls!!! :piesmiley1::eating2: :wink:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just following the lead of the chef in the video. He also boils the squash instead of baking it, and it was done in 15 minutes for me instead of 30-40 minutes of baking. We both ate less than half of our portion, so next time I'll reserves half of the cooked squash for another style of meal to replace pasta. Great low corb/low calorie meal.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Was thinking of making Italian tonight. Got to looking in the freezer.
Found a big piece of home made lasagna we had vac sealed and froze. Was mighty good too. Have enough left for lunch tomorrow as well.

Embryodad

Pot O Stew today..

Pan of Kielbasi the other day! :D

Tina asked me to tell all, she mashes the potatoes and onions and juice all together, and sops it up. Ummmmmm!!!
Even the stew. She mashes the carrots and potatoes with the fork tines.
Yuck.....I don't like mashed carrots.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Flounder filets seasoned with lemon pepper, dredged in New Orleans style Louisiana Fish Fry mix, and pan fried in a mixture of butter/olive oil:

PanFriedFlounder-1.jpg

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Good looking fish and stew folks. Worked late hauling firewood so just ordered a ham and turkey hoagie for supper. Have a few loads to get this morning and will be done at the logging site.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had grilled chicken breast last night. I put some lime on there just for something different. I liked it with lime and will do that again.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken and cheese quesadillas with pico de gaillo made from tomatoes, jalapenos and cilantro from my garden.

Lee

Attachments

• Chicken and cheese quesadillas with pico de gaillo.JPG
    Chicken and cheese quesadillas with pico de gaillo.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 91

Embryodad

We had stuffed shells today. Easy frozen bagged ones from Sams Club.

Tina made a Paula Dean butter pound cake. I like it, but she says it was too sweet.?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had a shrimp cocktail last night.

Today for brunch I had a cholesterol bomb...three pieces of bacon, buttered toast, and two eggs cooked in the bacon drippings.