Pulled pork tenderloin sandwiches

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My friend, Kathy, made this for me last weekend. Similar to a recipe that Sherman posted, but using pork tenderloins.

Delicious! Even better the second day!

Lee

Pulled pork tenderloin sandwiches – crockpot (Kathy)
2 one-pound pork tenderloins
2 cups ketchup
4 T. plus 3 teas brown sugar (less, if you like it less sweet)
4 T. plus 3 teas cider vinegar
2 T. pls 3 teas Worcestershire sauce
2 T. spicy brown mustard
½ teas pepper
Split Kaiser rolls

Cut the tenderloins in half and place in slow cooker. Combine the rest of the ingredients (not the rolls) and pour over pork.
Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or until meat is tender. Remove meat, shred with 2 forks, return meat to cooker and heat through. Serve on rolls.

Attachments

• Kathy's pulled pork.JPG
    Kathy's pulled pork.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 219

Ian M.

Thanks, Lee, for this super recipe - we'll add these sandwiches to the Honey BBQ wings for our celebration picnic in June. Guess you know what we'll be celebrating, too! All this excellent comfort food will make my eyes tear up big time! We're also going to make some Funny Kitten tuna buns for the kids and maybe one of Sherman's 7-up cakes for everyone! Hope the Sox have a winning game that day, into the bargain! That will make the day complete!
Doc's liable to get a whole bunch of the family as new members of NCT when they all see what we've learned from the Forums!

Ian M. :wow:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great. Is there a way to substitute the ketsup with something else?

Sure! You can substitute all of the sauce ingredients with your favorite barbecue sauce if you want.

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Sure! You can substitute all of the sauce ingredients with your favorite barbecue sauce if you want.

Lee

When you said the above, I immediately thought of this:
http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=290476&postcount=1

I used one pork tenderloin, cut into several pieces because I have one of the oldy goldy tall, round crock pots, added 1/2 recipe of the marinade, and cooked as directed.

I'll be doing this again. I put Stubb's Original BBQ Sauce on both sides of the bun. Love it!

CrockPotPorkTenderloin.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, no kidding, Cooksie! I've never tried Rick's Sinful Marinade with anything other than smoked brisket!

I'll have to report your good results to Rick!

Lee

Rick's Sinful Marinade

12 oz. can of beer
½ cup cider vinegar
½ cup of water
½ cup Worcestershire sauce (I use Head Country Marinade)
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon beef base (beef bouillion is fine)
2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned salt or rub.
1 tablespoon celery seed
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon MSG

Lee

Shermie

Site Supporter
I've got some leftover pork loin in the freezer that I smoked about a month ago.

Next time that I want pull pork sammies, I'll thaw it out, shred it & add some BBQ sauce to it and heat it up a little! :weber: