Pancake mix or from scratch?

RNE228

Do you make pancakes from mix or scratch?

We makes them almost exclusively from scratch. Pancakes made from Rye flour are really good. Or, rye and oat flour mixed.

They are really good, with fresh blueberries from the garden mixed in the batter too.

We like to use real maple syrup too. It costs more than other syrups, but ya just can't beat the real thing:biggrin:

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Oh boy. let me tell you. If I had a larger kitchen I would LOVE to make them from scratch! But as it is, it just dont DO much breakfast. i havent eatten breakfast in months. i know..... I know..... most important meal. Buit i dont have time. For breakfast i have tea. Thats it. :neutral:

RNE228

Try this...

Get a box of Rice Dream Chocolate rice milk. Put 1 cup rice milk in the blender.
Peel and add one banana. Add a tablespoon of Strawberry jam. Blend and pour in a glass. Enjoy a fast breakfast shake.

Put a cup or two of water in the blender, and hit it at full speed. Dump in drain, then rinse. Almost clean blender...

Fast, tasty, and will do you good!:bounce:

Oh boy. let me tell you. If I had a larger kitchen I would LOVE to make them from scratch! But as it is, it just dont DO much breakfast. i havent eatten breakfast in months. i know..... I know..... most important meal. Buit i dont have time. For breakfast i have tea. Thats it. :neutral:

RNE228

Where do you get rice milk? If I can find that I am going to make this stuff!!!! :w00t2:

We have it in the health food sections of local supermarkets here. I don't care for soy milk. But, I do like Rice or Almond milk.

I drink regular milk. But, I really like smoothies made from either of these.

http://www.tastethedream.com/

http://www.bluediamond.com/retail/breeze/index.cfm

We're just outside the greater Sacramento/San Joaquin valley; a huge amount, amazing amount, of both rice and almond are grown locally.

Banana - Berry Smoothie
Makes 2-3 servings.
Ingredients

Instructions
Cut banana into chunks and place in a blender with conserves and Rice Dream Classic. Blend until creamy and smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy.

RNE228

Ohhhhh!!!! THAT stuff! No problemo. Now I need a good recipe. :chef:

:chef:

Banana - Berry Smoothie
Makes 2-3 servings.
Ingredients
Instructions
Cut banana into chunks and place in a blender with conserves and Rice Dream Classic. Blend until creamy and smooth. Pour into a glass and enjoy.

Deadly Sushi

perfect! I will have to use a food processor, but that should work. You know this reminds me of a concoction I used to make with wheat grass. But that became crazy expensive. I dont understand how grass get be so pricey. :unsure:

RNE228

perfect! I will have to use a food processor, but that should work.

Try it with the chocolate version too. I like to add strawberry preserves, maple syrup, fresh strawberry etc(one or two at a time). A tablespoon of peanut butter is good too.

Deadly Sushi

I should have not tried it with my food processor. :ermm: I cut it all up and poured the rice milk in there. Closed the lid and turned er on.
SPLATTT!!!!!! :doh: Rice milk mixture all over. :(
I should have taken a photo of that. I even put in flax seed!
After looking at the situation I noticed that there isnt a seal between the lid and container. :pat: I made a quick gasket out of tin foil. That worked.

All in all it was VERY tasty! I made some for tomorrow too!