Mom's Casserole/Bean Dish

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Don't know if anyone recalls me talking about how difficult my sister was when it came to inheriting my Mother's Blue Willow set once she made the move into the assisted living center.
Mom always said it went to me. Well that didn't happen since my sister was POA.
I let it go and didn't argue about it. When am I ever going to use a service that large anyway?

Mom always used this bean dish for baked beans for potlucks, family gatherings, etc.
My brother John took it once he and my BIL helped clear out the stuff from the apartment after Mom died.

It's mine, and it's a little piece of memory of good times with family over the years.
The one and only kitchen thing I have to remember my Mommy.

Attachments

• cass1.jpg
    cass1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 113
  • cass2.jpg
    cass2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 112
  • cass3.jpg
    cass3.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 106
  • cass4.jpg
    cass4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 120

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Don't know if anyone recalls me talking about how difficult my sister was when it came to inheriting my Mother's Blue Willow set once she made the move into the assisted living center.
Mom always said it went to me. Well that didn't happen since my sister was POA.
I let it go and didn't argue about it. When am I ever going to use a service that large anyway?

Mom always used this bean dish for baked beans for potlucks, family gatherings, etc.
My brother John took it once he and my BIL helped clear out the stuff from the apartment after Mom died.

It's mine, and it's a little piece of memory of good times with family over the years.
thats beautiful and i am so glad you have something of mom to remember the good times with.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps!
The damn thing has been sitting on my counter top for weeks now.
I'll be using it for Thanksgiving this year.
Green bean casserole is what I'll use it for for the first time. ;)

homecook

It's those little things that mean the most! I'm so glad you'll be able to enjoy it and think of your Mommy.......:flowers:

heb1976

thats awesome that you got is sass.

i have my Babcia's favorite coffee cup. i keep saying i am going to use it - but it just sits there in the cabinet. i am so afraid of breaking it. its all i have of her.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

It's those little things that mean the most! I'm so glad you'll be able to enjoy it and think of your Mommy.......:flowers:
You got that right sister ;)

Heather, I know what you mean. I have wanted to use it, but right now I feel like I can't.
So, I'll wait until the first holiday family gathering we have.
After that, then maybe I'll feel ok about it.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

Sass, I know it seems that way right now, but you don't need dishes and bean pots to remember your Mother.

My Mom died in 1967, and my Dad died in 1983. I'm sure that somewhere around the house I have some items that were theirs, but they are no longer important. The memories remain in my heart, even if I never stumble across the old 'treasures' that are now put away in closets and attics.

Dishes, vases, and bean pots get lost and broken. If you put too much love in the object, you'll suffer pain all over again. What's much more important is that you honor her memory in words and deeds. They can never get lost or broken. And although the pain fades, the memories never do.

Hold on to her spirit, forgive your sister, and celebrate her life by living yours to the fullest.