Frozen bag of Vegi's

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I bought 20 frozen bags of vegetables. 10 Fiesta Style and 10 Asian Stir fry style. Now I need ideas on how to prepare them differently besides sauteing them with salt and pepper. Anyone have ideas?

Leni

How about tamale pie with the fiesta veggies? The Asian stir fry could be mixed with rice or add meats and stir fry them. I'd defrost them fist though. Even though stir fry uses very little oil it will still spit like crazy.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i put minced garlic in many veggies. u can make a kinda chili w/ certain brands of fiesta veggies. could use the stir-fry veggies, gently cooked, in an omelette.
soups, of course.
cold salads w/ lite dressings.
lo-mein.
add salsa, black beenz, & warm the other blend. have w/ tortilla chips.
add tofu, chix, beef or pork to the asian style, an Asian sauce, cook noodles or rice, & have the easiest dinner.
make a spicy, creamy dip w/ the other kind.
make wraps.
bake into casseroles.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have never had either frozen variety. What is in each of those mixes?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Make a pot of soup with a bag of the fiesta style.

Get some stew beef chunks and brown them in a pot, sprinkle in a packet of brown gravy mix and stir until it dissolves in with the fat from the meat.
Add the veggies and a large can of V8 or tomato juice and simmer on low until the meat gets really tender.
It's super simple and delicious.. and of course.. tastes even better for leftovers!

Deadly Sushi

What veggies are in the 2 different styles?

Oh Lord there are soo many. Just think of the usual suspects for both. Fiesta has beans and corn. Stir Fry has water chestnuts, peppers and onions with string beans. There are more things in there but you get the idea.

So far Ive made 5 differnt types of soup upon recommendation from you folks :)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Mix either with Ramen noodles.

Taco salad.

Chili

Shepherd's Pie - any meat, rice or potato, and veg casserole

Oven-fried rice

Toss them into a pasta salad.

Lee

Deadly Sushi

Mix either with Ramen noodles.

Taco salad.

Chili

Shepherd's Pie - any meat, rice or potato, and veg casserole

Oven-fried rice

Toss them into a pasta salad.

Lee

Intersting but HOW would I turn my stuff into a pasta salad?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i would cook the pasta, get it cooled, cook the veggies & cooled under h2o, then chilled, meanwhile whisk together a viniagrette of a vinegar & a lite/neutral oil, fresh herbs, smushed garlic, s/p. combine veggies w/ pasta. pour over, fold. add grilled chix, chilled, for oomph.
or make an aioli rather than viniagrette for a richer salad.
boom....... salad made.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
:flowers:, lee. 1 thing- i'd get a dab of oil tossed w/ the pasta to prevent it clumping while in the fridge.