Thursday, 3/17/2011, Whats cooking today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
happy-st_paddy_smilie.gif

stpattys-glitter_mug.gif

Guess what I am cooking today?

YUP Corned Beef!!! I LOVE it!!

Who's joining me?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be having corned beef and cabbage with friends tomorrow evening.
Then we're off to an Irish pub for some uhhh.. liquid refreshment :biggrin:

I'll come stumbling in sometime, all aglow and singing The Rose Of Tralee or some such song..I am sure..:dizzy::yum:

Leni

Corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and Irish soda bread. What else on St Pat's Day? :lucky: :beer: :patty:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig! (St. Patrick’s Day Blessings)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boiled corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, steamed fresh broccoli (dressed with EVOO, lemon juice, ground sea salt, ground peppercorn blend, ground dry garlic & ground red pepper flakes) and fresh carrot coins steamed with butter, ground sea salt and ground peppercorns.

031711_corned_beef.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
lol, peep, let me hear you pronounce that!

we had corned beef, cabbage, and redskins tonight. about to nuke the soda bread so the butter and honey melt into it.

happy saint pat's everyone!
Did you hear me? LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Peeps that looks deeeeeeeelicious!
I did meet up with Linda, Mary and Marie for a good meal of corned beef, cabbage and potatoes.
We are the sisters of widowhood and enjoy celebrating together whenever we can.
The drive up to a Findlay pub was nixed because we all work tomorrow.
Dumb idea anyway lol
We missed a good Irish band playing (or so we've been told).
All in all, the day was a good one.

Sage......show me thee dinnah..I wants to see your colcannon :D

Cuisinette

I am sorry to say, no one wanted corned beef and cabbage today, and I can't cook only for myself.

We went to the bar to watch the Irish band, it was nice and everyone was into the spirit. I loved that the bar owner had something green for everyone.
I had a green jello shot :mrgreen:

We didn't stay to eat, so we come home and had a semi-holiday meal.
Pan fried chicken with wine & garlic sauce and for a side dish sweet potato casserole.

I hope you all had a great day.

Picture%2B011.jpg

100_4240.jpg

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I passed on the rib eye, and had the colcannon with a ham steak.

Attachments

• irish 022.jpg
    irish 022.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 174
  • irish 028.jpg
    irish 028.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 178

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
SassMuffin said:
That's it.
Adopt me!

No, me, me! :blob_blue:

(Jerry, too? He's very handy around the house.)

That colcannon looks scrumptious, SS! And Peeps, I am drooling over your corned beef and cabbage. No such thing as corned beef in Mexico, so we had a (sort of) Irish stew. Regardless of authenticity issues (beef, not mutton or lamb), it was delicious. After browning the meat and deglazing the pan, I dumped all the good brown stuff into the crockpot with vegetables, along with an envelope of french onion soup mix and an envelope of brown gravy mix (I don't usually use mixes, but this was SO good, I'm glad I did). Because we had Artwalk tonight, we didn't eat until almost 10 pm (fashionably late) and the stuff had been in the slow cooker almost 12 hours. Oh gosh, it was good, along with some bread I made this morning. Plenty left for tomorrow, as well.

Attachments

• beef stew.jpg
    beef stew.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 167

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Karen!
That looks great! :D
Sorry you can't find corned beef, but boy is that some dinner!

I failed to mention the dinner we/I had also came with a marble/rye bread and a hot mustard.
If I had a large family to cook for here, or even a spouse I'd have made my own dinner today, but that doesn't happen these days much.

Enjoy the rest tomorrow Karen.
Yum!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Sass and Karen.
It sounds like you had a great time yesterday Sass and Cuisinette (the dinner plate looks wonderful).

I passed on the rib eye, and had the colcannon with a ham steak.

That looks awesome. On my way to see if you posted the recipe (if not pretty please) I have a half a cabbage uncooked and waiting.

No, me, me! :blob_blue:

(Jerry, too? He's very handy around the house.)

That colcannon looks scrumptious, SS! And Peeps, I am drooling over your corned beef and cabbage. No such thing as corned beef in Mexico, so we had a (sort of) Irish stew. Regardless of authenticity issues (beef, not mutton or lamb), it was delicious. After browning the meat and deglazing the pan, I dumped all the good brown stuff into the crockpot with vegetables, along with an envelope of french onion soup mix and an envelope of brown gravy mix (I don't usually use mixes, but this was SO good, I'm glad I did). Because we had Artwalk tonight, we didn't eat until almost 10 pm (fashionably late) and the stuff had been in the slow cooker almost 12 hours. Oh gosh, it was good, along with some bread I made this morning. Plenty left for tomorrow, as well.
Your stew looks fantastic Karen.

The leftover corned beef and seeded rye are calling me! LOL Guess what breakfast will be? YUMMY