Big fan of yelp.com for eating out

Lefty

Yank
Since being out in San Diego I happened on to the review site yelp, I used it for finding stores and businesses. Tonight we wanted to eat out and I used yelp to find Mexican food. I read some great reviews of this place called Savor. Plenty. Of great reviews. Lots of good pics. So we went and I was hopeful but I had a little too good to be. true. in my mind. We went we ate and I wanted to lick the plate. Damn good. Excellent adventure.:encore:

K

Kimchee

Big fan of Yelp too. Last night we were contemplating a new
restaurant in the area. After reading the reviews on Yelp,
we decided to go elsewhere. Didnt want to pay a lot for
mediocre food, slow service and small portions.

Lefty

Yank
I have to agree. but my disclaimer comes in the "it works well with a large population that likes the product. San Diego is a great spot for it. Big cities with a social network will do good, but others may lack.

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Well, Yelp was started there, so it's no surprise that is huge there. I LOVE that they finally went international this past year. I have been on there for yearsssssss, Lefty, you want I should add you as a contact there? I can pm you my profile.

Also, the yelp parties are always great. Good time to do local meet and greets, and the "elite" folks REALLY take things seriously when it comes to making events FUN, social, and getting folks involved. It's an AWESOME platform.

Honestly, I can't think of the last time I DIDN'T yelp a place before heading out if it was new to me. . . whether it was meeting friends, or, just trying to find a new place, Yelp has been a GREAT www tool. BIG TIME.

Last edited: