1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/4 cup basil
2 cups Fontina cheese, shredded
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
9 lasagna noodles
lemon zest from one whole lemon

Preparation:

Boil the lasagna noodles til al dente. Set aside. Soak the Porcini mushrooms in hot water for about 5 minutes. Drain, straining the liquid. Chop mushrooms. Set aside.

Heat oven to 425F and spread sliced Portobellos on sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss and roast until all liquid is gone about 20-30 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Heat oil in skillet and add onions, salt and pepper until they're almost browned. Remove from pan and set aside.

Chop button mushrooms in food processor and add to hot skillet with a little oil. When all liquid has evaporated, add chopped Porcini mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Add the Vermouth and stir occasionally until liquid is evaporated. Melt in the butter then add the flour stirring to make a roux. Add the mushroom liquid and scrape the bits from the pan. Add the nutmeg. Add milk and turn heat up high to thicken the mixture. It should be like heavy cream. Remove from heat and add the parsley and basil.

Mix both cheeses together in a bowl. Add the onions with the Portobellos in another bowl.

Coat 8x8 baking dish with butter. Add about 1 cup sauce mixture on bottom of dish. Lay down three lasagna noodles (you may have to cut to fit). Spread more sauce over top of noodles. Add 1/3 of the onion/Portobello mixture on top and then add 3/4 cup of cheese mixture. Repeat layering 3 times total. I criss-cross my noodles so it holds together better. Ladle the rest of the sauce over noodles and top with the rest of the cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes.

Turn oven to 500F, remove foil from lasagna and bake another 10 minutes or until cheese on top starts to brown.

When removed from oven, combine a couple tablespoons chopped parsley, basil and garlic with the lemon zest and sprinkle over the top.

Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting into it.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 123
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 126
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 129

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Barb. I have saved this. I wonder how this would be if I used wonton wrappers and layer in muffin cups to make individual servings.

homecook

Thank you Barb. I have saved this. I wonder how this would be if I used wonton wrappers and layer in muffin cups to make individual servings.

To be honest Peeps I wouldn't go through all the trouble of making this just to use with wonton wrappers. I think the wrappers would get too crispy and spoil the texture of the whole dish. That's just MHO.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
To be honest Peeps I wouldn't go through all the trouble of making this just to use with wonton wrappers. I think the wrappers would get too crispy and spoil the texture of the whole dish. That's just MHO.
HMMMMMMMMMM Ok I was looking for some quick freezable single servings. Bake, freeze then microwave when needed.

homecook

Just make it in the pan like I did, cut into squares and freeze those individually. That's what I was going to do if there would have been any left. lol
Up the ingredients a little bit to make more in a 9x13 pan and you'll have more to freeze for another time....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Barb, that looks delicious.
I can almost smell it.
So creamy, so perfect.
Bet I could polish the whole pan off in 2 days!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's a wow dish!
What dressing did you use on your salad in that plated pic?
That looks good too! lol

homecook

lol Thanks. It's a home made balsamic vinaigrette.

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoon honey
2 large clove garlic (grated)
salt and pepper to taste

I put it in a canning jar and just shake it up.

Looks delicious Barb. I'm thinking I may try this minus the dried Porcini but adding some of the delightful mushroom varieties my markets carry. I can get White Button, Portobello, Shitake, Oyster, Cremini, Pom-Pom, Maitake, & another variety that looks like an enlarged cluster of White Enoki. Am thinking a mixture of these would make this dish very interesting.

homecook

Thanks Breezy.
I'm sure any combination of mushrooms will work. I just happened to have the Porcini to use. I can get pretty much the same types of mushrooms here and will try other combos.