Neiman Marcus Cookies

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've never made these but had some about 20 yrs ago when a friend made them. I remember really liking them.

There's also an urban legend that goes along with the recipe. Story goes like this: A woman and her daughter are having lunch at Neiman Marcus. They decide after their salads that they want a cookie.

They woman really likes them and asks for the recipe. The person waiting on them tells her that she can't give her the recipe but can sell it to her. Woman asks how much and the wait person says, two fifty. Woman says to just add the two fifty to her existing bill.

Much to her surprise, when she gets her credit card bill, she has been charged $250.00 for the recipe instead of the $2.50 she expected. Since she feels she has been duped, she decides to get a little sweet revenge and posts the recipe for the public to get for free.

I can see some big gaping holes in the story, and Snopes says it's false.

2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal**
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 112 cookies.

** measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.

The pulverized oatmeal, reminds me of something else I saw on Live with Kelly and Ryan. Their guest (I think it was Shayna, Ryan's girlfriend) made some almond milk by pulverizing some almonds and then strained the mixture with some sort of special straining cloth :rolleyes:.

I was thinking that's a great big waste. I don't think I'd ever go to that amount of trouble to make my own almond milk. But...she squeezed out the extra liquid form the pulverized almonds and mixed it into some cookie dough. That sounded good to me.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I heard the same story BUT it was a girl scout troop that asked Mrs. Fields for her chocolate chip cookie recipe and was charges $250.00 instead of $2.50. Then the troop dealer shared the recipe for free.