Christmas Cookie/Candy Swap

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Here's some pictures of the finished products plus how they are stored in the dining room....all 13 types!
DecemberChristmas2009087.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009088.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009089.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009091.jpg

DecemberChristmas2009113.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yup, I recognized them!! They have fast become one of our favorite cookies to make now.
Did you tweak the recipe at all? Yours definitely looking like it makes more, which I was going to have to do this year anyway cause of how fast they disappeared last year, LOL!

Buddy, I doubled it, since those were the only kind of cookies I made last year.

Otherwise, I think the only tweaking I did was to add more eggnog to the icing to make it the consistently I wanted.

Vera, that is an astounding display of cookies!!! :respect:

Lee

Deelady

I just mixed Barb's Sugar cookie batter and put it in the fridge to chill, we will bake and decorate them tomorrow :D

Deelady

Help homecook!!! I was just trying to roll out the dough for your sugar cookies and I must have done something wrong :(
First I have had it in the fridge for two days to chill and when I took it out just now it was still extremely soft and sticky. I rolled it out as much as I could and we cut he shapes out but there was no way for me to seperate the shapes from the rest of the dough, it was just toooo soft. Luckily I had rolled the dough out onto waxed paper so I was able to stick the whole sheet onto the cookie sheet and stick them all in the freezer to hopfully firm up enough for me to seperate them onto the baking sheet.
And I dont see myself getting much more than a dozen out of it....did you really get 4 dozen out when you mmake it....what could I have done wrong?

homecook

The only thing I can think of Dee is to add some more flour, or just add alot of flour to the board when you roll it out. Mine were sticking some but the flour helped. I made ours pretty thin and I think I got 38 cookies. I'm sorry.....I hope you can salvage them.