Monday 3/12/2012 What's on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am still not qutie sure. I have bacon and want to make either bacon and corn waffles or buttermilk waffles, eggs and bacon. OR It's so beautiful out hub may want to go out for a ride and dinner out at the Cracker Barrel.

Any plans?

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
later. sick again/ weather's lovely. stomach in cramps. maybe a stroll w/ blake.get some food.

Embryodad

later. sick again/ weather's lovely. stomach in cramps. maybe a stroll w/ blake.get some food.
Mee two...
Massive stomach cramps.. I guess from somethng creeping around in me!

Took 2 Phazyme..to see if that helps..

Feel better luvs.. eat light. .... I'm doing tea right now.

Embryodad

Was .. looking at chili over spaghetti....but I don't think for me at this point.

I know DW wants chili!

It may be just toast and tea..unless my stomach pains cease! L O L ..

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
My sis & her hubby are arriving in about an hour. I'll post some pix later but it's gonna be fresh jumbo Key West Pink shrimp h’ordeurves, marinated grilled Grouper with DW's special sauce, don't know about the veggie yet, and fresh Key Lime pie. Our local Publix super market makes it every day.

Leni

Feel better both of you.

It's cold here for us, 54 degrees so far this morning. I'm debating between soup and grilled cheese or Trader Joes cheese enchiladas with rice and refried beans as sides.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Mee two...
Massive stomach cramps.. I guess from somethng creeping around in me!

Took 2 Phazyme..to see if that helps..

Feel better luvs.. eat light. .... I'm doing tea right now.
Hope you 2 feel better soon.

I have a cranberry tangerine nut bread in the oven. I have reworked the recipe a bit by replacing some of flour with whole wheat flour and almond meal/flour. Waiting to see if the result are good.

Still not definite dinner plans as of yet. I need to figure out lunch. LOL

Embryodad

Feel better both of you.

It's cold here for us, 54 degrees so far this morning. I'm debating between soup and grilled cheese or Trader Joes cheese enchiladas with rice and refried beans as sides.

Thanks Leni .... So far I had a raisin bread slice, and it seem fine.
Those Phazyme worked.

Hope you 2 feel better soon.

I have a cranberry tangerine nut bread in the oven. I have reworked the recipe a bit by replacing some of flour with whole wheat flour and almond meal/flour. Waiting to see if the result are good.

Still not definite dinner plans as of yet. I need to figure out lunch. LOL

Thanks peep. Good luck on the bread results!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Leni .... So far I had a raisin bread slice, and it seem fine.
Those Phazyme worked.

Thanks peep. Good luck on the bread results!
Thanks Jimmy. The bread is good. Can't even tell the changes are subtle in flavor and reflect other ingredients. There are almonds and pecans in the recipe so the almond meal compliments the nuts. The wheat germ and whole wheat flour are nutty in flavor so they also compliment the nuts. All in all it turned out good and will be a keeper.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW brought home veggie lasagna that was left over from their staff meeting luncheon. WOW! It was delicious. it had breaded eggplant and chunky tomatoes with lots of cheese. Made a Romain salad and called it din-din. Cheap and quick.

Embryodad

Just had 2 hot dogs with mustard and relish.

They were great dogs...but shame on the buns!...

They were bought fresh (Wonder Rolls) but they were dry and crumbled as we bit through! ...
Even the bread (Wonder Bread)...is dry and the same stale like texture!

They must have changed the recipe..or they are using air to proof them.

We always liked Wonder Brand...but today was the end for us!

I know one thing, that they are reducing fats and sodium in breads..and boy does it reflect in the taste and texture!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I know one thing, that they are reducing fats and sodium in breads..and boy does it reflect in the taste and texture!
You need salt in bread for flavor and fats to maintain moisture. I use pure butter or olive oil for my breads. 2% for salt and 4.8% for fat (based on flour weight...baker's percentage). Without fat and salt you might as well be making bread crumbs, IMHO. The only bread I make w/o fat is french baguettes that will be eaten within 24 hours. After that I make bread crumbs from the leftovers.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken Thighs drenched in Robusto Italian Dressing

A veggie medley, with some chopped into rice to give it a different flavor for a change....

001-14.jpg

004-12.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Here's din-din. Pretty darn tasty, and enough for leftovers...and then some! (the steam coming off the food messed up the picture)

Dinner031312.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Ooooooo...that looks really good Joe......but isn't that Tuesday's dinner :lol: