2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup onion, sliced
1 cup button mushrooms, coarsely chopped or sliced
3/4 cup apple cider
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper, to taste

Place spinach into a large bowl.

Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat for about 4 minutes, or until it is just crispy.

Remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Drain any remaining fat from the skillet.

Add olive oil and onions to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, or until onions soften slightly. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 more minutes. Put onions and mushrooms on top of the spinach.

Add apple cider and vinegar to the skillet and turn the heat up to medium-high. Stir to scrape up any bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cider is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Remove from heat.

Whisk in mustard, salt and pepper, to taste.

Pour warm cider dressing over the mushrooms and spinach and toss until the vegetables are well coated.

Sprinkle the bacon on top and serve.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Had a hankering for a spinach salad and a LOT of leftover cider from something else, so I SORT OF made Bam's recipe.

I wanted all the salad ingredients to be raw, but I reduced the cider, added more vinegar and more Dijon. Very good!

I thought I remembered all the stuff I've loved in spinach salads, but felt as if something was missing.

Ideas?

Also, had a free cup of sipping soup to go with - it was pretty good!

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_4637.JPG
    IMG_4637.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_4638.JPG
    IMG_4638.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 155