Ingredient Showcase ... Bread

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Re: Ingredient Showcase ... Bread September 2011

WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO

I read a lot (not all) of this. THANK YOU SO MUCH GG!!

OKAY. I cleaned it up and the pan holds 8.5 cups water so I can make 1 lb loaf bread. I did what it said (sounded silly but I played with it like it said) AND LO and BEHOLD theres a dough setting!! LOL OK I feel silly. TeeHee. I am not sure what I want to make first!! I will definately be trying a multigrain bread that I had been making for years by hand but haven't made in awhile. I now have several new flours I want to incorporate in. In the past I never added flax seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa or sesame seeds but will play with those also. Wish me luck.

I want to make chicken parm and a loaf of Barb's Herb Garlic Baguettes (they look and sound so good).

Carolina Cooking

mine is now in storage mode. I don't have flour or bread of any kind in my diet anymore. It raises my BG # in a flash. To much sugar & carb's.I am so sad.

1.5lb loaf . 3cups flour to 1cup hot water.

2lb loaf. 1 & 1/3 hot water 4cups of flour. actually depends on the flour too. and the recipe.

pizza dough under hr. I use bread flour & bread machine yeast.

I have so much flour I can't use. 6 types I think. takin up space in my freezer.. such a waste.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Just beautiful JoeV :applause:

I made dinner rolls to go with the leftovers last night. These rolls are getting to be on the menu fairly regularly at our house.
Mama I have a question. My bread machine holds 8.5 cups of water so it should make a 1 lb loaf using ONLY 2 1/2 cups flour in the machine. SO if I just want to make dough say for your dinner rolls which calls for 3 1/4 cups of flour can I STILL use your measurements to JUST make the dough WITHOUT there being a problem or killing the machine? (Your machine makes 1.5 lb loaves?)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

As long as you're just making the dough, and not trying to bake it, it will be fine. I've made the dough for 2 loaves of bread at a time in mine. I made 2 loaves of cinnamon raisin swirl last week along with some onion pumpernickel, honey wheat and some Parmesan, rosemary and thyme sub rolls. I've been on vacation so it's gonna take me a few days to get the recipes up but here are some pics:

Attachments

• cinnamon-swirl-bread.jpg
    cinnamon-swirl-bread.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 438
  • pumpernickel-onion-bread.jpg
    pumpernickel-onion-bread.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 448
  • parm-herb-rolls.jpg
    parm-herb-rolls.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 449
  • parm-herb-rolls-1.jpg
    parm-herb-rolls-1.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 420

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

As long as you're just making the dough, and not trying to bake it, it will be fine. I've made the dough for 2 loaves of bread at a time in mine. I made 2 loaves of cinnamon raisin swirl last week along with some onion pumpernickel, honey wheat and some Parmesan, rosemary and thyme sub rolls. I've been on vacation so it's gonna take me a few days to get the recipes up but here are some pics:
Thank you Mama for the answer.

BEAUTIFUL bread!!

I WILL need those recipes!! LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Multigrain Bread

101511_multigrain_breads_1.jpg

101511_multigrain_breads_2.jpg

This was my first bread machine loaf. It was a new recipe I have never used before and it is wonderful. But next time I will just make the dough and bake in a regular loaf pan in the oven.

Last edited:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter

Wow these are great! I suck at baking bread...:(

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Me too Rickismom....that's why I use a bread machine to mix the dough. I could never figure out how to get the right "feel' for the dough. I made a couple of loaves of potato bread. I'm just waiting for it to cool now.

Attachments

• potatobread.jpg
    potatobread.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 422

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Me too Rickismom....that's why I use a bread machine to mix the dough. I could never figure out how to get the right "feel' for the dough. I made a couple of loaves of potato bread. I'm just waiting for it to cool now.
BEAUTIFUL Mama. What do you use for the wash? Egg or milk?

I can't wait till you post the sub roll recipe. BTW can I make them smaller and use as hot dog rolls?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

On the potato bread, cinnamon raisin bread and honey wheat bread, I brush the tops with butter.

You can make the rolls any size you want Peepers. For the sub rolls, I just used my dinner roll recipe and added 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon thyme and 1 teaspoon rosemary to the dough.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

On the potato bread, cinnamon raisin bread and honey wheat bread, I brush the tops with butter.

You can make the rolls any size you want Peepers. For the sub rolls, I just used my dinner roll recipe and added 1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan Cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon thyme and 1 teaspoon rosemary to the dough.
Thanks Mama

Cooksie

Site Supporter

I'm not much on making bread, but this came out pretty good.

Rosemary Foccacia, before dimpling and drizzling with olive oil:

RosemaryFocacciaBreadBeforeBaking.jpg

Sandwich with Boar's Head ham, provolone, and olive/pepper relish:

RosemaryFocacciaBread.jpg

I used part of Suzi's recipe and part of MexicoKaren's recipe for the dough. This is just a plain bread, no garlic or cheese. I let the bread machine do the kneading, and I only made 1/2 recipe. It would have been so much better with fresh rosemary, but I only had dried.

It makes the perfect sandwich for me since I like a little bread and lots of inside stuff.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

That's beautiful Cooksie! Would you consider posting the recipe please? I'd love to make some and that looks delicious!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I'm not much on making bread, but this came out pretty good.

Rosemary Foccacia, before dimpling and drizzling with olive oil:

RosemaryFocacciaBreadBeforeBaking.jpg

Sandwich with Boar's Head ham, provolone, and olive/pepper relish:

RosemaryFocacciaBread.jpg

I used part of Suzi's recipe and part of MexicoKaren's recipe for the dough. This is just a plain bread, no garlic or cheese. I let the bread machine do the kneading, and I only made 1/2 recipe. It would have been so much better with fresh rosemary, but I only had dried.

It makes the perfect sandwich for me since I like a little bread and lots of inside stuff.
BEAUTIFUL!! Your sandwich looks wonderful.

I agree with Mama please post the recipe.

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Thanks you two!

This bread must be very forgiving, and I think I just got lucky. I sure hope Suzi and MK don't mind me messing with their recipes. I certainly don't want to step on any toes.

This is what I did. I cut everything by half as I went along.

Into the bread machine:
3 1/2 c flour
1 t salt

Mix together and wait for a while:
1 c warm water
1 envelope yeast
1/2 t sugar

Add:
3 T olive oil to water/yeast mixture

Add liquid to bread machine and let it knead the dough. I didn't time it.

Turned dough into a bowl, put it on top of my toaster oven which I had set on warm. Let it rise. Pushed it out onto the baking sheet, sprinkled on rosemary, and let it rise again. Made some dimples, drizzled with olive oil, and baked.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

On my to do list! Thanks Cooksie!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

No Knead Bread

092012_no_knead_P1090581_zps71d70b73.jpg

092012_no_knead_slice_P1090584_zps7a14a22d.jpg

No Knead Bread - Made with whey strained from homemade yogurt

no_kneed_whey_bread_P1100005.JPG

no_kneed_whey_bread_sliced_P1100012.JPG

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits

082212_cheddar_bay_biscuits_P1090535.JPG

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

Wow, my Bubble Pizza pics are still on here and those were from Photobucket waaaaaay back then.
:laugh::mrgreen:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Peep, did you post recipes with that bread and biscuits somewhere?

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Peep, did you post recipes with that bread and biscuits somewhere?

Lee
Lee the biscuits are a Red Lobster copy cat not my original recipe. But I have been working on a scratch recipe. Once I perfect it I will post it.

The no knead bread recipe is based on the one JoeV posted which I think is from NYT recipe.

I don't think I can post the recipes publicly till I make them my own.

I replaced the water in the recipe with equal amount of fresh whey.

If you send me a private message reminder I can send you the recipes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Wow, my Bubble Pizza pics are still on here and those were from Photobucket waaaaaay back then.
:laugh::mrgreen:
If you right click on the pics you will see that you hosted them here on NCT. Safe from Thiefbucket!

I need to try those.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter

If you right click on the pics you will see that you hosted them here on NCT. Safe from Thiefbucket!

I need to try those.

I am slowly but surely replacing the pictures being held for ransom by Photobucket. :whistling:

No I used photobucket to post those.
Many of my pictures are still on here and various other sites, random ones aren't.
Go figure.

By the way, I can't see your pictures until I log in.
Same with some of medtran's.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

I'm not sure why. That's strange.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Lee the biscuits are a Red Lobster copy cat not my original recipe. But I have been working on a scratch recipe. Once I perfect it I will post it.

The no knead bread recipe is based on the one JoeV posted which I think is from NYT recipe.

I don't think I can post the recipes publicly till I make them my own.

I replaced the water in the recipe with equal amount of fresh whey.

If you send me a private message reminder I can send you the recipes.

Here is one that LuckyTrim sent me.

Yours sure look wonderful, Peep!

Lee

Originally Posted by Luckytrim
Here's that recipe...

Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

Ingredients:
2 C. Bisquick
1/2 C. cold water
3/4 C. grated, sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 C. butter
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Preparation:
Bake 450 for 8-10 minutes, brush with the butter and spices - you know the drill. However, you cannot make the EXACT biscuits, because they have a special butter/garlic sauce that is not available to the general public. See how they are!!

I may have posted this somewhere , not sure.....
Drop the batter by heaping Tablespoonfuls... You can grease the cookie sheet, or line with Parchment paper, which the Warden prefers...

Johnny West

I have to make a loaf of bread for church - thinking of a no-knead bread bake in a dutch oven. Anyone have a fool proof recipe?