How dreams come true

Saliha

In one other forum we have a game where one member sends some random pictures and others write a short story about some of them. I wrote this one:

How dreams come true

fiji_sunset_boat_man_fiji_00143.jpg

One night I had a dream:

I sat by the sea shore and looking up in front of the open sea. There was no sign of people, no boats, nor even birds. Only a large golden sun, which started to fall into the sea and dyed in all its colors. It was purple as the most beautiful roses, blue as the sky, green as moss, turquoise, yellow ... and finally it became a golden.

On the horizon was something, which came closer and closer. Soon, I saw the boat and the man who stood on it. He was looking lonely. It was hard to tell whether he was young or old, it was like he did not have age at all. The boat came close to the shore.

- Where are you going, a traveler, a man yelled at me.
- I just came to admire the sunset, I replied. - How about you? Where do you sail?
- I am sailing at the sea of the life, I'm not going anywhere and I am not coming from anywhere too. I am always on the way.
- That's strange. What does it mean?
- I carry dreams with me. People everywhere put their the deepest wishes to the waves of the sea and I pick them up, then carry them to the bottom of the sea. Some dreams are too selfish, and they change there as rocks. Some, the most beautiful and pure which come from the pious heart settle to the mussels. They be there for years and slowly they will change as the most beautiful pearls. When someone's dream has grown in a bright pearl, I picked it by this long stick, lift up to the surface and place it on the sea foam. Waves carry it to the beach and this dream comes true.

The man began to punt away with his boat.

- Remember me then, when in your heart is a desire for getting something beautiful, when you have a dream you wish to become true, said the man, before his boat had disappeared to the skyline.

----------------------
(Sorry about some possible spelling mistakes - English isn´t my the first language.)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
No worries about spelling. Very good. I'll offer up a picture for you or anyone to write a story about.

Attachments

• eyecandy1000.PNG
    eyecandy1000.PNG
    877.8 KB · Views: 112