Looking for a new Food Processor

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It could be. My dough hook blade looks more like the white one with the shorter cap like the other.

Shermie

Site Supporter
It could be. My dough hook blade looks more like the white one with the shorter cap like the other.

It didn't dawn on me.

It was the Cuisinart DLC-7Pro I had that had the dough blade. Looked almost similar to the one for the K'Aid machine.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
It didn't dawn on me.

It was the Cuisinart DLC-7Pro I had that had the dough blade. Looked almost similar to the one for the K'Aid machine.

Mine is the Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7 cup which all the blades also work in the 11 qt version.

Wart

Banned
Here's a pic of my very old Robot Coupe Food Processor.
It bares a very striking resemblence to the very first small Cuisinart look-alike model because back in the very early '70's Cuisinart FP's were literally made by Robot Coupe, a co in France, until

As a matter of fact the Cuisinart I posted above was made in France by Robot Coupe sa.

PS:

And Robot-Coupe still sells parts for it at http://www.robotcoupe.net/

Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Mine is the Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7 cup which all the blades also work in the 11 qt version.

Don't you mean 11 CUPS?

Wart yes, Robot Coupe had introduced them back them.

In the early to mid '80s, the machines pracically flew off the store shelves, as everyone and their brother wanted to try them out. The machines helped chefs and gourmet cooks alike prep foods in record time and got them out of the kitchen fast.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Thought so.

If an 11-qt model was made, it'd be very expensive and have to be a commercial food service one.

But, no thanks, I'm quite happy with my K'Aid Pearl Metallic model. :applause:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I love my KA 14 cup, but I already messed up one of the slicer blades, ug! I love to make my own Chinese and Thai dishes, and used it to thin slice the meat for the dishes. It worked best when they were partially frozen as fully thawed it just kinda ripped apart.
Unfortunately, I ran some chicken breast thru it that was completely frozen instead of partially thawed and it messed up the blade.
I do have both an emulsifier blade and a dough blade, but had problems mixing dough as it wanted to stick to the bowl and blade. I also have the juicer attachment which is pretty cool. It also has two sizes of bowls and cutting blades in it and the wide mouth feeding tube with a smaller feeding tube inside that.

Shermie

Site Supporter
OMG!

That REALLY tears it. Hopefully, you can get parts for it without spending a fortune. Try SmallAppliance.com.

Wart, here's your machine again. Found this on Google. Looks like whoever owns it bought every disk imaginable that can be used with it!

Must have cleaned out the store! :clap:

Attachments

• Vintage Cuisinart FP..jpg
    Vintage Cuisinart FP..jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 107

leolady

Here's a pic of my very old Robot Coupe Food Processor.

Surprisingly enough, it still works. Just tried it out. I used it when I worked for a catering co's account to chop, shred ansd slice veggies for the salad bar a little over 20 years ago.

It bares a very striking resemblence to the very first small Cuisinart look-alike model because back in the very early '70's Cuisinart FP's were literally made by Robot Coupe, a co in France, until an entrapuer named Carl something-or-other had bought out Cuisinart and newer models were introduced.

Cuisinart is now owned by ConAir.

That was Carl Sonnineheimer [sp].

But that isn't a Robot Coupe!:brows:

These are Robot Coupes!:clap:

The Terminator [Robot Coupe RSI 3Y1 Food Processor]

RobotCoupeRSI3Y1FoodProcessor.jpg

R2D2 [Robot Coupe R2 Food Processor] Without his food chute.

ROBOTCOUPE-1.jpg

GOTCHA SHERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yum:

Shermie

Site Supporter
No, the Cuisinart had the exact same shape as the Robot Coupe when it was introduced around '73. Yes, I know.

The machine in your bottom pic DOES look like R2D2. Those 2 must cost a pretty penny!

I've used a model quite similar to the bottom one when I worked for a catering co..

Wart

Banned

ROBOTCOUPE-1.jpg

Now that you post it, Yeah, the Club has a Robot-Coupe.

Never impressed me as being all that .... sophisticated or ... pretty.

It was brutal and effective. And if the jackasses at the club didn't break it it must be one hell-of-a machine.

And it sure isn't something you want to have fall on your foot.:lol:

Time for me to make my first pie crust with it, :mrgreen:

leolady

No, the Cuisinart had the exact same shape as the Robot Coupe when it was introduced around '73. Yes, I know.

The machine in your bottom pic DOES look like R2D2. Those 2 must cost a pretty penny!

I've used a model quite similar to the bottom one when I worked for a catering co..

I was teasing you paraphrasing from the movie Crocodile Dundee. Remember the line as the thug brought out a switchblade knife on Crocodile Dundee?

"That's not a knife...........[as Crocodile Dundee brings out his huge bowie knife]......."this is a knife!":lol:

BTW: A friend of mine who sells used restaurant supplies sold me the R2D2 with the chute, knife, and some disks for only $50!

Shermie

Site Supporter
I was teasing you paraphrasing from the movie Crocodile Dundee. Remember the line as the thug brought out a switchblade knife on Crocodile Dundee?

"That's not a knife...........[as Crocodile Dundee brings out his huge bowie knife]......."this is a knife!":lol:

BTW: A friend of mine who sells used restaurant supplies sold me the R2D2 with the chute, knife, and some disks for only $50!

Yeah, I think I remember that line in the movie.

The metal Robot Coupe looks like an Army tank!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Before the eletric food processor dazzled us all in the early '70s, the was this '60s item - the manual jar chopper. My mother had one of these when we were growing up. In later years, it came with a plastic pad inside at the bottom of the jar to keep the blades from breaking it.

And then, there's the Oster Kitchen Center. This one looks pretty much like the one that I had. :chef:

Attachments

• Aqua Vintage Food Processor..jpg
    Aqua Vintage Food Processor..jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Oster Kitchen Center..jpg
    Oster Kitchen Center..jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 93

smoke king

Banned
And then, there's the Oster Kitchen Center. This one looks pretty much like the one that I had. :chef:

With the very first Job I ever had, I bought my Mom an "Oster Kitchen Center" for Christmas (mid-late 70's) she loved it! Man that takes me back!

I have no idea what happened to it after she passed away though.

Shermie

Site Supporter
My mom had wanted one after she saw mine in use. It lasted for about ten years. I bought, the Kenwood and then the K'Aid mixer.

So, in reality, I've always has three mixers at once, like I do now!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Yes that one is the big sister to mine. I have the 7 cup but seriously thought about getting the 11 cup. My wife convinced me we didn't need 11 cup as our last FP was 9 cup.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Here's Cuisinart's newest food processor, the Cuisinart FP-14DC.

It now has a 1,000-watt motor, die-cast base, 3 different size work bowls and other nifty features.

But still, I'm quite happy with mine!

Attachments

• Cuisinart FP..jpg
    Cuisinart FP..jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 93
  • Cuisinart FP 1..jpg
    Cuisinart FP 1..jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Who sells that thing as I can't find an FP-D14 listed any where or even one with that many watts?

Shermie

Site Supporter
I might have the model # wrong, but the machine is sold at Cooking.com, Chefscatalog.com and Cuisinart's own website.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Sorry about that.

The model # is actually FP-14DC. I went back to Cooking.com and looked.

I corrected it above as well.

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Found it and only 3 x what mine costs. It is a super FP though I'm sure based on my 7 cups performance.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Dag, man!

I still have the old Robot Coupe machine, which stil works, the monster K'Aid KPFP850PM and the optional chopper attachment that I got for the K'Aid Stick Blender, along with the little Oxo chopper, plus my knives, so I think I'm straight.

Shermie

Site Supporter

The Terminator [Robot Coupe RSI 3Y1 Food Processor]

RobotCoupeRSI3Y1FoodProcessor.jpg

R2D2 [Robot Coupe R2 Food Processor] Without his food chute.

ROBOTCOUPE-1.jpg

GOTCHA SHERM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yum:

Dag!! In fact, the dome lids on BOTH of these machines make them look much like R2D2! :dizzy: