Thursday..04/12/2012..What's Cooking!

Embryodad

Making a small pot of mazzo ball soup.

No chicken meat...just chicken soup base..carrots and celery..Garlic /corn /a little dill.

What are ye cooking / eating / today??

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We're having steak, augratin potatoes, broccoli and sliced tomatoes.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Today is the first day of http://www.fqfi.org/.... We closed the restaurant about 2 hours ago. Getting ready to wander around, listen to some music and grab something from the vendors.

Embryodad

Mattzo Ball Soup (chicken base).

4dc39389.jpg

Leni

Leftover chicken alfredo with spinach and whatever else is in the refrig. I have the same problem as Vera. I always cook too much. On the other hadn I only have to do a little cooking tonight.

By the way, I have had Fetticcene Alfredo at Alfredos in Rome. It is not a cream sauce but a butter sauce. Alfredo Jr served us and it was quite an experience.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i found an unopened container of feta in herbed oil, sampled it, & decided it'd be good on angelhair or on a salad, so i just made the angelhair w/ the feta, oil, & herbs, plus salt/pepper. it's a keeper.

i formed an addiction to plain pink grapefruit recently, so i put a 4-lb jar in juice in
my buggy last shopping adventure. dessert!

Embryodad

i found an unopened container of feta in herbed oil, sampled it, & decided it'd be good on angelhair or on a salad, so i just made the angelhair w/ the feta, oil, & herbs, plus salt/pepper. it's a keeper.

i formed an addiction to plain pink grapefruit recently, so i put a 4-lb jar in juice in
Sounds Good luvs.. I love angel hair.

Reading the Grapefruit post..hahaha..is makin me face cheeks quince!
It happens to me when I see or smell a lemon too!

Geeze ??? I wonder why they call it a .. G R A P E <> fruit ? ? ?

Embryodad

i like it! lol, sorry jimmy! missed the late-nite jimmy-isms.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha .... everybody says,"Hey Jimmy..hows come you are up at night so late?
I say," Hey Dude (s) ..I'm on Metric Time!.. yuk yuk yuk !!

Tina Baby just brought me a 1/2 Gallooon of Grapefruit Juice to open for her!
She loves that. I said," Oooh..by the way juicelady, I found three of those Grapefruits that you bought last month..way way way in the bottom of the frigerator drawer.!
And And and..they are all shriveled up like you!...
Now I'm on her Chit list!... I was only jokin!!

I was BAD! .... and tomorrow she is trippin to PA to see her aunt Margie, and I'm almost sure she wont bring me back any Krispy Kremes! Boo Hoo! And they have my favorite Glazed ...Powdered Jelly...and the sugar doughnuts.
Them's the ones I have to eat over the sink cuz the sugar gets all on the floor.
She Hates That! ... I say,"Oh, I thought we were gonna go dancing; so instead of sand on the dance floor..I thought it would be SWEET to use Sugar instead!"

Last night I tried another new recipe - this time from a new favorite recipe site I've discovered - "Skinny Taste" (http://www.skinnytaste.com/) - "Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce". It was DELICIOUS - & oh so easy. (Also got to try out the "Aroma Rice Cooker" my husband bought me for my birthday a couple of months ago. Talk about Grade A perfect white rice!!! :).) Served the meatballs with the white rice, which I tossed with half a package of nuked frozen mixed "stir-fry vegetables". What a terrific & delicious quick & easy meal!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had to scrounge around but came up with spaghetti, jarred Victoria vodka sauce, and meatballs.

GotGarlic

I made rotini pasta with shredded cooked chicken, asparagus, peas, roasted red peppers, and a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
GG, that sounds really, really good. yum~

jimmy, aw, you'd be in all your glory. when i baby-sit, my brother gets 12 krispy kremes for us. they only last the nite, maybe a few of the next day (sil nukes hers for a sec to make 'em like fresh again). with 3 adults, 3 kiddos, & now the baby demanding pieces of adult food, they're gone pretty fast.

sugar donuts-yum. my fave is glazed sugar, w/ granulated sugar 1's next. i'd make the sugar-snow perp sweep the sugar from my floor. noshing over the sink is a good thought.

your tina shouln't trip all the way to pa- she may skin her knees. she should skip or hop, jik.:yum:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

um, i forgot the pic & the mention of broccoli.

Attachments

• IMG_37071314.jpg
    IMG_37071314.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 76

Embryodad

GG, that sounds really, really good. yum~

jimmy, aw, you'd be in all your glory. when i baby-sit, my brother gets 12 krispy kremes for us. they only last the nite, maybe a few of the next day (sil nukes hers for a sec to make 'em like fresh again). with 3 adults, 3 kiddos, & now the baby demanding pieces of adult food, they're gone pretty fast.

sugar donuts-yum. my fave is glazed sugar, w/ granulated sugar 1's next. i'd make the sugar-snow perp sweep the sugar from my floor. noshing over the sink is a good thought.

your tina shouln't trip all the way to pa- she may skin her knees. she should skip or hop, jik.:yum:

When Tina makes the K K run... she usually gets 5 12 ct. boxes.
One for Jimmy Jr..on the way home only 10 minutes from the Bridge on the Delaware Water gap..so he gets his..then 2 for us..one for the freezer, and one to eat NOW. Then one each for the both next door neighbors.
Hey..we gotta fatten them up!

Actually..my favorite was their peanut sticks. They stopped making them because of some people with peanut allergies.

They make a coconut stick..but I adored the peanut.

Dw is on her way home from there, and she was gonna pick up a pizza from Alfredo's..but there is a 50 minute wait. Geesh! She said she will be 3/4 of the way home here by that time. Friday's are Big Pizza nights.

That's OK..cuz she is gonna skip and hop..hahaha back there on Thursday anyway. Her and my cousin are going shopping for curtains in (ready for this name?).. Shickshinny, PA! hahahahaha I don't know..there is a lady there that sells curtains and stuff out of her home. I know you know what I'm sayin abut curtains. The Summer Curtains..then the Fall curtains, and then the winter ones. Grrrrrrr! I HATE Hanging curtains! It's not a man thing!