Artist Thomas Kinkade dies in California at age 54

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am sorry to hear about this.

I was enchanted by Kinkade's paintings when I first discovered him! The scenes were so beatiful, idyllic, and welcoming that I wanted to jump right in!

But his images became ubiquitious and I got tired of seeing them everywhere.

Kinkade doesn't sound like much of an angel, but he sure did capture my imagination for awhile there.

RIP.

Lee

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
I am sorry to hear about this.

I was enchanted by Kinkade's paintings when I first discovered him! The scenes were so beatiful, idyllic, and welcoming that I wanted to jump right in!

But his images became ubiquitious and I got tired of seeing them everywhere.

Kinkade doesn't sound like much of an angel, but he sure did capture my imagination for awhile there.

RIP.

Lee

We've enjoyed his work for years and have a couple of his prints. When he left his dealers and went to mass distribution we also got tired of seeing his work on everything from napkins to calendars.

Jim

Leni

My daughter and I worked a jigsaw puzzle based on the picture above this post. It took us forever but was a fun mother daughter project.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Leni, I too did this puzzle, or one very much like it!

I remember that mine had a coach lamp in front, too.

Pretty, isn't it?

Lee

I'm sorry the man died so young, but frankly, never cared for his style of painting. Not to mention, as others have stated, his stuff was everywhere.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
He was a truely gifted artist and I for one loved his paintings, but then I love painting myself and mostly landscapes. I learned a lot just by viewing his paintings.