Rosemary-Maple Pork Tenderloin with Lemon-Butter Potatoes

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
They were doing a demo at Publix the other day, and this recipe is simply astonishing. Love it.

So we took the recipe card, picked up the ingredients, and made this tonight.

It is Rosemary-Maple Pork Tenderloin with Lemon-Butter Potatoes.

Had steamed broccoli as well. Also, made a loaf of Italian Herb Bread to go along side.

This dish is phenomenal!! The sweetness of the sauce on the pork is over the top, and the hint of lemon in the potatoes (which are so tender) is incredible. I can’t say enough about this one. Good stuff!

http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/AllRecipes/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=4289&mealGroupId=1000

Rosemary-Maple Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients

1 medium shallot, finely chopped
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup Marsala wine
8 oz pre-sliced baby portabellas
2 cups beef stock
1/2 cup maple syrup
3 sprigs fresh rosemary

Prep

•Chop shallot.
•Season pork with salt and pepper (wash hands).

Steps

1.Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add pork; cook 4–5 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned. Remove pork from pan; cover to keep warm.

2.Remove pan from heat and add Marsala. Stir in mushrooms and shallots; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until wine has completely evaporated.

3.Stir in beef stock, syrup, and whole rosemary sprigs. Return pork to pan; cover and cook 10–12 minutes, turning pork occasionally, or until pork is 155°F. (Remove pork from pan; transfer to cutting board. Let pork stand 5–10 minutes before slicing. Temperature will rise to USDA recommended 160°F.)

4.Continue to cook sauce 4–5 more minutes or until thickened. Slice pork into 1-inch-thick slices; top with mushroom sauce and serve.

CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 420kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 85mg; SODIUM 510mg; CARB 36g; FIBER 1g; PROTEIN 34g; VIT A 2%; VIT C 4%; CALC 6%; IRON 15%

Lemon-Butter Potatoes

Ingredients

Cooking spray
1 (24-oz) bag Dutch baby potatoes
2 tablespoons water
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon Everglades seasoning

Prep

•Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
•Cut potatoes in half; place in microwave-safe bowl with water.

Steps

1.Cover potatoes and microwave on HIGH 7–8 minutes or until tender. Cut butter into small pieces; set aside.

2.Squeeze juice of lemon over potatoes; stir in butter and seasoning. Spread potatoes in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until golden. Serve.

CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 230kcal; FAT 12g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 390mg; CARB 32g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 20%; CALC 15%; IRON 10%

Attachments

• rm1.JPG
    rm1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 314
  • rm2.jpg
    rm2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 314
  • rm3.jpg
    rm3.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 310
  • rm4.jpg
    rm4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 310
  • rm5.jpg
    rm5.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 303

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:ohmy: Keltin! That looks amazing! Beautiful color on the potatoes and the tenderloin looks perfectly moist and tender! Very nice!!!

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
That looks great!! I would love a plate right now! (for breakfast!!)

BTW What is Everglades seasoning?

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Geez, I shouldn't have clicked on this - I'm starving!!!

That's lovely, K!

Lee

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Wow, looks great!

Funny, I have a buddy in West Palm Beach who does these demos at Publix, his facebook status was this recipe, I guess they all do the same things. I would have thought it was a more "up to the store" type of thing, learn something new everyday.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
K, I was in Publix last night, and they were doing this same recipe. It was very good, if just a little sweet.

It was the potatoes that knocked my socks off! (And I usually don't eat many potatoes). Did you buy the spice blend? I read the ingredients and tasted it - other than the listed things, the dominant 'spices' seemed to be pepper & dill. What do you think? Salt, sugar, onion, garlic, pepper, dill? Do you think that would come close?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Wow, looks great!

Funny, I have a buddy in West Palm Beach who does these demos at Publix, his facebook status was this recipe, I guess they all do the same things. I would have thought it was a more "up to the store" type of thing, learn something new everyday.

I think they do two different recipes each week. They have professionally printed recipe cards for each dish, with holes already punched to insert into a their "Aprons" cookbook. Of course, they sell the empty cookbook binder! They have adorable little kitchen kiosks set up, and all the ingredients for sale on a display right next to the kiosk. When there is no live person to do the demo, they have a TV running the demo. Very professional, and very standardized.

There is always - always - always some can, box, package, or mix that you probably won't have at home in your pantry or freezer - like this week's "Everglades Spice Blend". The design is to get you to add the extra ingredients to your shopping list, not to cause you to just switch from chicken to pork this week.

And of course, it doesn't hurt that they put these mini kitchen displays right inside the store, so they whet your appetite with just a bite before you start shopping!

All in all, they are a wonderful marketing technique.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
K, I was in Publix last night, and they were doing this same recipe. It was very good, if just a little sweet.

It was the potatoes that knocked my socks off! (And I usually don't eat many potatoes). Did you buy the spice blend? I read the ingredients and tasted it - other than the listed things, the dominant 'spices' seemed to be pepper & dill. What do you think? Salt, sugar, onion, garlic, pepper, dill? Do you think that would come close?

Thanks all.

It is a fairly sweet sauce due to the syrup.

Yeah, we bought and used the spice for the potatoes. It's basically a seasoned salt if you ask me, but it is VERY strong with a "green herb". I was thinking it was sage, but it might be dill. When you smell the spice, that green herb is the predominant thing you smell. And yeah, the pepper does come through as well. Not "hot" but you know there is pepper in it by the slight tingle on the back of your tongue.

I'm thinking this recipe must be a huge hit for Publix. They have been running it for the last 3-4 days now! They never run one that long here. I'm surprised.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Ok, I just broke out my bottle of ground sage and did a side-by-side comparison to the Everglades Seasoning.

It’s definitely sage in there that is coming through so strongly.

I think this is going to be a great seasoning on some grilled chicken! Can't wait to try that next.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
What do you think? Salt, sugar, onion, garlic, pepper, dill? Do you think that would come close?

I'm going to say Sage instead of Dill, but other than that, yeah, I'd say that is pretty much the mix. They also add MSG and Papain (a meat tenderizer) to it.

GotGarlic

That sounds and looks wonderful. I have a similar recipe for roast pork loin with maple syrup that has about a 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper in it. I think that counters the sweetness a bit.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I'm going to say Sage instead of Dill, but other than that, yeah, I'd say that is pretty much the mix. They also add MSG and Papain (a meat tenderizer) to it.

Thanks. I just got a whiff at the store. I'm sure your review is much more accurate. I think I'll mix it up and make the potatoes with a roast chicken this week.