Whats cooking Monday April 26, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We may be going out for dinner. If not chicken cutlets.
What are your plans?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Maybe something with the leftover chicken, maybe eggrolls and rice.. don't know for sure yet.. don't feel too inspired right now..

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats to Sass Muffin, you are our entrant for today in the Win an NCT Apron Contest. Since Peeps already had 3 entries (thanks to SS') you were the next member to post after peeps. Good job!!!!! :thumb: :tiphat:

As for dinner, I've no clue what that will be yet.

K

Kimchee

Baked chicken breasts and mushrooms and a crisp salad. Not sure
how the chicky chicks will get flavored up quite yet......

AllenOK

I'm trying to decide between beans and rice, or chicken. Not sure which. I was going to do fish, but got skunked today.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
leftovers from yesterdays roast

SundayRoast005.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
SS made a beautiful spinach and mushroom omelet the other day that really looked good and since DH wanted breakfast for dinner, I made spinach, mushroom, bacon and cheese omelets with sliced tomatoes, hash browns and biscuits.

Attachments

• dinner042610.jpg
    dinner042610.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 142

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW made curried chicken and veggies on noodles tonight.

SDC11556.JPG

Last night we took some relatives out for dinner and I had sea bass. :a1:

SDC11551.jpg

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Progresso light minestrone with a couple slices of italian bread. It's cold and damp...

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Brats with an onion relish :pig: and potato salad :pig:. I could really go for that sea bass though.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken dopiaza, sure wish I'd have made a big naan to go with it.
Sorry, I know the pics suck lol

2010-04-26 15-11-14.558.jpg 2010-04-26 15-11-27.451 dinner.jpg

Beef kebabs (from Kansas City or Omaha steaks? - tossed the wrappings). I marinated in teriyaki sauce & garlic, threaded on skewers w/ mushrooms, onions & peppers. Put them on grinder rolls (from the bakery), topped w/ mozzarella & heated til the cheese melted. Wedge fries on the side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
SS made a beautiful spinach and mushroom omelet the other day that really looked good and since DH wanted breakfast for dinner, I made spinach, mushroom, bacon and cheese omelets with sliced tomatoes, hash browns and biscuits.
BEAUTIFUL!! OMG that looks fantastic!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My daughter requested Lodi Buffet for her birthday dinner. So that was the families dinner. I had a small amount of the great fried rice and 1 piece of fried chicken wing then went home and had a Dole Asian Salad Kit (It was YUMMY, the dressing and the toppings are great!!)

Last edited:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I made roast duck with orange sauce, pan sauteed asparagus, and rice. It was my first time roasting a duck, and it came out very nicely. I used some of the duck fat to saute the asparagus, and then I saved the rest. I don't know what for, but I remember reading that duck fat was really good stuff.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made roast duck with orange sauce, pan sauteed asparagus, and rice. It was my first time roasting a duck, and it came out very nicely. I used some of the duck fat to saute the asparagus, and then I saved the rest. I don't know what for, but I remember reading that duck fat was really good stuff.
duck confette (sp) i think you simmer duck pieces in the duck fat but i am not positive.

Newnork1978

DH and I went out to eat. I had a delicious Salsburry Steak with steamed squash and broccoli, and DH had Liver & Onions with mashed potatoes and steamed squash and broccoli. He realized, tonight, he does not like Liver & Onions. Ha-ha! :yum:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter

Duck fat is brilliant for roast potatoes. If you have enough, you can confit something, like duck legs - it's a slow poach, usually in the oven. You can also confit vegetables. Whats is amazings is that the food is not greasy.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I just watched a show on FoodNetwork a little while ago about the best things they ever ate - Guilty Pleasures and Michael Symon said that his favorite is Gravy Frites. French Fries fried in duck fat, covered in mozzarella cheese and gravy :ohmy:

SilverSage

Resident Crone

I keep a jar of duck fat in the back of my fridge. It really is great for sauteing potatoes, vegetables, or eggs. My only problem is that I forget to use it. The olive oil is right next to the stove, and I reach for it all of the time. Periodically, I rummage through the fridge and find the jar of duck fat, right next to the jar of bacon fat, and say,"Oh yeah, I have to remember to use these". Then I put them back in the fridge and immediately forget about them.:pat: Fortunately, they keep almost indefinitely.

GotGarlic

We had an easy dinner last night - beef tamales and chimichurri rice with veggies from Trader Joe's. I added some sauteed onions, bell peppers and garlic to the rice.