Tuesday 3/6/2012 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok I want breakfast for dinner but not sure what that will be. I have many choices at the moment. I will try to pin it down soon. LOL

Any plans?

Embryodad

I can't even think straight today.....

Got three Antsie Girls here..all bumping and butting each other... Arguing with each other...omg!

DD with... Do you have..I can't make...and Mommy well look look look,, and GD I don't want to go to work today...I need my rest.
Then DD leaves and is in ShopRite...and finds out she does not have her purse..
She flies back here...she left it on the back room chair. HELLOoooooooooo!!!!!

OMG.... Such Confusion. Over Nothing!...

I guess I will make something for myself for supper. I don't need all the Drama! LOL.....

Embryodad

HMmmmmmm!!! All is Quiet on the Western Front Here...

I had some olives and cheese / hot peppers and Bread as a Hold Over till something for supper.
I want some French Toast... Havn't had that in A G E S...
Mmmmm! The smell of cinnamon cooking, and the syrup and butter.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made these today for the priests at DW's work, and kept one for us for dinner with smashed taters and a salad.

StuffedCabbages.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
MMMMMMMMMMMM That looks good Joe!!

Poached eggs in a cup, sausage and buttermilk biscuits

030612_poached_eggs_biscuit_sausage_P1090394.jpg

Embryodad

I made these today for the priests at DW's work, and kept one for us for dinner with smashed taters and a salad.

StuffedCabbages.jpg
They look massively delicious Joe!...

Do you use Ground beef...or Pork ? or a mix ?

Tina uses all pork with some rice and lots of ground onion in hers.
That's the way her Mom and Moms Mother made them!

That's a good way to portion them..

Embryodad

MMMMMMMMMMMM That looks good Joe!!

Poached eggs in a cup, sausage and buttermilk biscuits

030612_poached_eggs_biscuit_sausage_P1090394.jpg
Wow! peep... Ummm Umms!

The sausages...just my way of doneness>> perfect. Crisp casings (outers).

I could have used the sausages for My supper tonight. I made French Toast!

Embryodad

There was a picture from yesterday of DW's Pigs Feet that I was searing and burning any hairs that were on them.

A couple ham hocks too..

d8e49f0b.jpg

I made then some French Toast for my supper... I don't do Pigs Feet.

892bfcfc.jpg

2c847a1a.jpg

d384c7b3.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
those meals look great! making blake a strip steak & me, swordfish. he can't have seafood. carrots. we both like those. probably potatoes.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy and luvs.

NICE french toast Jimmy. I love the regular thin bread for french toast. When I go to a diner I always ask for regular bread not that thick challah bread.

Send me a strip steak luvs. YUM!

Embryodad

those meals look great! making blake a strip steak & me, swordfish. he can't have seafood. carrots. we both like those. probably potatoes.
Sounds Good luvs!

Sword... Do you pronounce the "W" in the S Wword ??? I Do!

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy and luvs.

NICE french toast Jimmy. I love the regular thin bread for french toast. When I go to a diner I always ask for regular bread not that thick challah bread.

Send me a strip steak luvs. YUM!
Yep...me too on the thin regular bread.

I had the thick sliced french bread toasted once...Ughhh! Tough and too squishy, and it holds the syrup inside which squishes out all over the lips when biting into the thick slices. Even after cutting it into manageable size to eat, and that is a chore with thick bread in itself! IMO

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy. very, very subtly, yes i pronounce it.

2 dinners. 1 his, 1 hers.:kiss: i overcooked the carrots.

peep, he took his medium-well. there, there.

Attachments

• IMG_34911214.jpg
    IMG_34911214.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_34901215.jpg
    IMG_34901215.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
They look massively delicious Joe!...

Do you use Ground beef...or Pork ? or a mix ?
I used beef on these, as that was what was on sale at Super Wal-Mart in the 3# roll. For us I usually use the meatloaf mix or straight beef but always a goodly amount of diced onion and rice. I also use eggs and seasoned bread crumbs as a binder.

My husband bought me this wonderful book - Curry - The Story of the Nation's Favourite Dish (they're talking about the UK here), & after reading the full family history behind the "Patak" brand of Indian culinary products (the founder arrived in England with only one 5-pound note in his pocket, & then commenced to become a gazillionaire!), I just HAD to buy a jar of Patak's "Hot Curry" paste & mix up a fabulous, sinus-clearing shrimp curry last night. Easy as pie, & as delicious as if I'd ground up the paste myself. Served it with a mixed-greens stir-fry with chickpeas, cucumber raita, & warm garlic naan bread. WONDERFUL!!